DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

why dichromate ions are used as breath analyzer?????????\

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

When the user exhales into a breath analyzer, any ethanol present in their breath is oxidized to acetic acid at the anode:

CH3CH2OH(g) + H2O(l) → CH3CO2H(l) + 4H+(aq) + 4e-

At the cathode, atmospheric oxygen is reduced:

O2(g) + 4H+(aq) + 4e- → 2H2O(l)

The overall reaction is the oxidation of ethanol to acetic acid and water.

CH3CH2OH(l) + O2(g) → CH3COOH(l) + H2O(l)

The electrical current produced by this reaction is measured by a microprocessor, and displayed as an approximation of overall blood alcohol content

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Coordination no. Shown by cyclobutadiene???? Pls answr......

The salt [K([18]crown-6){Cp*Fe(η4-C4py4)}] (K1, py = 2-pyridyl, Cp* = C5Me5) is accessible by the reaction of an iron(0) naphthalene precursor and bis(2-pyridyl)acetylene. Cyclic...
  img
Suraj Prasad 5 months ago
How to determine the compounds having dipole moment from their structure?

dipole moment is a vector quantity.Dipole momentcan be defined as the product of magnitude of charges and the distance of separation between the charges.it is base on electronegativity of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago
Explain why (CH3)3N is pyramidal whereas (SiH3)3N is planar.?

(CH3)3N has pyramidal shape due to sp3 hybridisation in which there is a p pi-p pi bonding whereas in case of (SiH3)3N there is ppi-dpi bonding baecause of vacant dorbital of silicon and...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago
Sir, can you represent internuclear axis in figure

Internuclear axis is the line connecting two nuclei. Here the axis of orbital is different from the internuclear axis. in Sigma bond : Axes of both overlapping orbitals is same as the...
  img
Ramreddy 4 months ago

axis of orbital is different from the internuclear axis ? in figure And how the axis of orbital can you represent internuclear axis &

Vineeth 4 months ago
see attachment and explain it

hi student it is requested not to provide such type of question which is not visible.Please focus the camera nicely so that it is properly readable and then submit it again.The proper...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago

sorry sir for inconvenience caused to uou reading question i will post new question with better image quality

Shivam 5 months ago
how many grams of KCl would have to be diisolved in 60 gms H2O to give 20% by weight of solution?

total mass of the water=60g let weight of KCl required=xg so weight %=20% i.e. {x/(x+60)}=20%=20/100 x=0.2*x +....60*0.2 0.8*x=12 x=12/0.8=15g...
  img
Naveen Kumar 4 months ago

let amount=xg so x/(x+60)=20%=0.2 x=15g..... so the amount of KCL needed=15g .................................. .........................................
  img
Naveen Kumar 4 months ago
View all Questions »