DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

why dichromate ions are used as breath analyzer?????????\

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

When the user exhales into a breath analyzer, any ethanol present in their breath is oxidized to acetic acid at the anode:

CH3CH2OH(g) + H2O(l) → CH3CO2H(l) + 4H+(aq) + 4e-

At the cathode, atmospheric oxygen is reduced:

O2(g) + 4H+(aq) + 4e- → 2H2O(l)

The overall reaction is the oxidation of ethanol to acetic acid and water.

CH3CH2OH(l) + O2(g) → CH3COOH(l) + H2O(l)

The electrical current produced by this reaction is measured by a microprocessor, and displayed as an approximation of overall blood alcohol content

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
suggest me a jee Advanced book for inorganic chemistry please or tell wether i should buy a “cengage inorganic” or a “ Concise Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Main/Advanced ” plz.

you should buy concise inorganic chemistry if u like to read in novel like style.

Pranshu 2 months ago

i think u should prefer pradeep objective and it is best book bcoz it is very selective and contains all the topics that are in jee advanced syllabi also contains quesyions for practice u...

ng29 2 months ago
What are pseudohalogens?

The pseudohalogens are polyatomic analogues of halogens , whose chemistry, resembling that of the true halogens , allows them to substitute for halogens in several classes of chemical...

ng29 one month ago

pseudohalogens are thoose compounds which are having -1 as the charge example (I 3 ) - in organic chemistry it is very useful approve if useful

grenade one month ago
Select the correct order of II ionisation energy of C, N, O, F (1) C > N > O > F (2) N > C > O > F (3) C (4) O > F > N > C

(4) O > F > N > C because using tha auf bau rule we will geth the answer

grenade 20 days ago

Opion 1 is correct as it is difficult to extract an electron from half filled orbital of carbon

mohit vashishtha 20 days ago

mohit pl. checkout ur answer

grenade 20 days ago
ways to learn organic reaction

Hello student you should practise each and every reaction by writing in ur copy . All the Best . Hit approve if u got even a little help by my answer :) Thanks .

Drake 2 months ago

just practicee as much que as you can from various books and u will automatically get reactions into ur mind approve if useful

ng29 2 months ago

refer sn sanyal for mechanisms himanshu pandey for questions approve if useful approve if useful

ng29 2 months ago
Why is Carbon Dioxide a greenhouse gas?

CO2 emissions accelerating, scientists warn Atmospheric scientists have warned that carbon dioxide emissions are increasing more rapidly, despite international efforts to curb the use of...

vikas yadav 3 months ago

Presently, nobody can prove if either theory is correct, but one thing is certain; the world has been emitting greenhouse gases at extremely high rates and has shown only small signs of...

vikas yadav 3 months ago
Question attached.. [ALTS-3 Q61]

The question is incomplete.....Plz post the proper...
  img
Ramreddy 8 months ago

The question is incomplete....So please check the question and post it again.........
  img
Ramreddy 8 months ago

Sir but thats all that is given in the question.. attachment is complete..

ANMOL SETH 8 months ago
View all Questions »