Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is oxidation state of S in S2O3. as there is electronegativity difference in both s shouldn’t it +6 and -2

Reason being the overall charge of the compound is -2 the oxidation state for Oxygen is -2 (Oxygen is just about always that way) so -2 x 3 = -6 but as i said before the overall charge of...
  img
Suraj Prasad 3 months ago

but sir this is the avg oxidation state of s ….... can you please tell me oxidation state of each sulphur acc to structure

pragya kaushik 3 months ago
Plz explain me what are azide compounds???

Azideis theanionwith the formula N3−. It is theconjugate baseofhydrazoic acid(HN3). N3−is a linear anion that isisoelectronicwithCO2andN2O. Pervalence bond theory, azide can be...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago
What is Oxoanion Oxyanion Oxocation Oxycation ?

Oxoanion/Oxyanion:- An oxyanion or oxoanion is a chemical compound with the generic formula AxOyz− (where A represents a chemical element and O represents an oxygen atom). Oxoanions...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago

Oxyanion/ Oxoanion – An oxyanion is an anion containing oxygen. Examples : Nitrate (NO3-), Nitrite (NO2-), sulfite (SO32-) and hypochlorite (ClO-) are all oxyanions. Oxycation/...
  img
Raheema Javed 6 months ago
If 1.27 g of iodine is liberated,when 10 ml solution of H2O2 is reacted with acidified KI solution.Then the volume strenghth of H2O2 is.?

Meq of H2O2 = Meq of I2 (w/34)*1000 = [1.27/(254/2)]*1000 w=0.34 g Thus 0.34 g of H2O2will give =(11.2/34)*.34 =0.028 litre =28 ml Thus volume strength of H2O2is = 28/10=2.8...
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago

N1V1= N2V2 N1 X 10 = 2.54/254 = 0.001 N Volume strength of H2O2 = 5.6 X Normality = 5.6 X 0.001 = 0.0056 Vol....
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago

i didnt get the ans .the ans is 2.8

Shriya Mehrotra 6 months ago
Please explain to me when we use Clemmension reduction method and wolff-kishner reduction method ( when only a compound is given to be reduced and no informatio about the solvents or medium...

img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

to reduce carbonyl compounds into alcohols dez reagents are used. clemmenson reduction affects acid sensitive grps and wolf kishner reagent affects base sensitive reagent.so,if der is an...

naina one month ago
is sucrose natural or synthetic

thanks!

PULKIT 6 days ago

natural

Umang Rastogi 6 days ago
View all Questions »