Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   why are metals lustrous

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Due to electronic oscillations.

3 years ago

Metal are lustrous because their bond type absorbs and emits a large amount of wavelengths (colors) creating white light. Thus, metals have shiny

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
the strength of bonds formed by s-s, s-p,p-p overlap is in order of ?.

sorry mansi correct answer for this question will be p-p > s-p > s-s typing mistake in previous answer this is due to extent of overlapping in p-p effective overlapping takes place so bond...

ng29 5 days ago

p-p > s-s > s-p this is due to extent of overlapping in p-p effective overlapping takes place so bond formed is highly stable approve if useful

ng29 6 days ago
Which is the book with most detailed physical chem concepts ( upto the point needed by advance) and is solomon and fryle’s ms chauhan revisoned version best book overall for organic chem?...

@ng29 it seems like another genreric book like dc pandey i dont have time for that (mains focused books), how is the halliday and resnick reivsed (wiley)for advance … thanks for the chem...

mrigank 6 days ago

for physics after hcverma and dc apndey you must start doing ANURAG MISHRA books which contains solved as well as unsolved problems of varying difficult level and based on latest jee...

ng29 6 days ago

these books are good but in anurag mishra there is all type of questions that are asked in jee so i prefer anurag mishara for organic chemistry snsanyal is best for reagents and mechanisms...

ng29 6 days ago
why are s,p,d,f block written is small letter

dear friend its just a method of representing the various orbitals. actually it is the azimuthal quantum number for l=0 we have s orbital l=1 p orbital l=2 d orbital l=3 f orbital and so on...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago
How is each sulphide ion in ZnS surrounded by 4 Zn 2+ ions?

HelloSatviki In ZnS each S 2- ion is surrounded by 4 Zn 2+ ion as shown in image
  img
Pankaj 22 days ago

To be more specific each Zn2+ ion is present in alternate tetrahedral void .

Drake 21 days ago
I have just given my mains exam and i want myselgf to get toggled in preparation of advance. I do have a bundle of good books and for last two yers i m practising with DISHA’s chemistry...

First go for 15 year question papers. 2. Have a look solved Irodov Physics. very quick view 3. For Organic, quick view on O. P. Tandon..
  img
Saurabh Kumar 24 days ago

for organic best is HIMANSHU PANDEY AND MS CHAUHAN(ADVANCED) APPROVE IF USEFUL

ng29 21 days ago
ONE MOLE OF CH4 CONTAINS.

1 mole of methane (CH4) contains: - 1 mole of carbon - 2 mole of Hydrogen (H2) - 12 g of carbon (because 1 mole of C = rmm = 12g) - 4 g of hydrogen (because 2 moles of H2 = 2 x rmm = 4 g) -...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 10 days ago

- 1 mole of carbon - 2 mole of Hydrogen (H2) - 12 g of carbon (because 1 mole of C = rmm = 12g) - 4 g of hydrogen (because 2 moles of H2 = 2 x rmm = 4 g) - 16 g of methane (because 1 mole of...
  img
Nishant Vora 10 days ago
View all Questions »