Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   why are metals lustrous

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Due to electronic oscillations.

3 years ago

Metal are lustrous because their bond type absorbs and emits a large amount of wavelengths (colors) creating white light. Thus, metals have shiny

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
HCO3 ANION EXIST AS DIMER DUE TO HYDROGEN BOND. YES OR NO? EXPLAIN?

HCO 3 - doesnot have hydrogen bonding.Hydrogen bonding is mainly the property of covalent compounds with polar bonds. But this is an ionic salt and thus does not show hydrogen bonding.
  img
Pankaj one month ago

you cant say its ionic bcz the bond between H+ and CO3- is ionic and CO3- is covalent

samatom one month ago
silver metal crystalline with a face centred cubic lattice the lenght of unit cell in found tobethe value 4.077x10 -8 m.ca;culate the atomic radius and density of silver {atomic mass of...

“silver metal crystalline with a face centred cubic lattice the lenght of unit cell in found tobethe value 4.077x10-8m.ca;culate the atomic radius and density of silver {atomic mass of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago

we have density of the fcc=z*M/a^3*Na z=no of atom fro fcc it is 4 M= molecular mass Na=avagadro number a=edge length for face centered cubic unit cell=sqrt2...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago
The ratio of difference int he wavelengths of 1 st and 2 nd lines of lyman seres in H-like atim of difference in wavelength for 2 nd and 3 rd lines of same series is - 2.5:1 3.5:1 4,5:1...

1/λ = 1.097 x 10^7 ( 1 - 1/n^2) n=2 => 1/λ = 1.097 x 10^7(1 - 1/4) = 0.82275 x 10^7 per m => λ = 1.215 x 10^(-7) m ------------eq(1) n=3 => 1/λ = 1.097 x...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago
find pH of 0.01M HCN soln. if pKa=4.

convert pka into the dissociation constants terms and the find the anser ph 3

akshat 18 days ago

pH = 3

Shubham Singh 20 days ago
In a adsorption process it is possible predict, the time for adsorbent be satured? By theorical methods

Yes, It can be predicted easily if we know the rate of adsorption. Adsorption is a first order reaction so the time of saturation can be predicted. .
  img
Gaurav one month ago

Thank´s Gurav... But I am not seeing how! I have a adosrbation of water vapour from a air flow 30 l/s and I know that 145 kg activate alluminium is satured over 180s whit a pressure dew...

carlos sopas one month ago

Thank´s Gurav... But I am not seeing how! I have a adosrbation of water vapour from a air flow 30 l/s and I know that 145 kg activate alluminium is satured over 180s whit a pressure dew...

carlos sopas one month ago
why benzene does not form hydrogenbond in water where as glucose form hydrogen bond in water ?

Benzene does not make hydrogen bond with water. The hydrogen attatched to a higly electronegative element(F,O and N) can only make H-bonding. Benzene does not have this kind of hydrogen

Abhishek Singh 4 months ago

Actually, there is the hydrogen bond formation by benzene in water. Please check.

Yash Jain 5 months ago
View all Questions »