why are metals lustrous

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

Due to electronic oscillations.

2 years ago

Metal are lustrous because their bond type absorbs and emits a large amount of wavelengths (colors) creating white light. Thus, metals have shiny

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Please tell me,are there any shortcut tricks to remember the name of elements present in same group of periodic table?

Tricks to remember periodic Table s-block elements 1st group— H Li Na K Rb Cs Fr Code-- HaLiNa Ke Rob Se Farar 2nd group-- Be Mg Ca Sr Ba Ra Code—Beta Maange Car Santro Baap Roye...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
pls provide me information on diff types of backbonding eg. ppi-ppi,ppi-dpi,dpi,ppi,,,,,etc

Pπ- Pπ bonding is called back bonding In BF3molecule the 2P orbitals of each F atom are fully filled, while one of 2Porbital of the B atom is vacant. The two 2P orbitals involved in...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
​Q . ARRANGE THE THE FOLLOWING IN DECREASING ORDER OF DIPOLE MOMENT- CH 3 Cl , CH 2 Cl 2 , CHCl 3 , CCl 4 CH 3 F , CH 3 Cl , CH 3 Br , CH 3 I o- chloro toluene , m- chloro toluene , p-...

INCREASING ORDER OF DIPOLE MOMENT:- 1- CCl4<CHCl3<CH2Cl2<CH3Cl 2= CH3I<CH3Br<CH3Cl<CH3F 3-p<m<o chlorotoluene(The bond angle increases the dipole moment decreases )...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
what is poppof’s rule ?

Popoff’s Rule - Oxidation of ketones is sometimes governed by this rule.According to this rule carbonyl group remains with smaller alkyl group. [O] Me- CO-Me ----------> MeCOOH + CO...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago
In cannizaro reaction, after the heterolytic cleavage of the pi bond due to the attack of the OH - ion at the carbonyl carbon, the pi bond is reformed and a H- ion leaves. Why is it more...

http://www.askiitians.com/revision-notes/chemistry/aldehydeketone-and-carboxylic-acid/ . Please go through this...
  img
Harishwar 24 days ago

I found out the answer. The OH- attacks the electrophillic carbonyl carbon and the pi bond of the carbonyl oxygen is broken and the electron moves to the oxygen. Since the medium is basic in...

Amogh 24 days ago
Copper exists in face centered cubic lattice with unit cell edge of 361pm . What is the size of the largest atom , which would fit into ocathedral voids without disturbimg the lattice

Copper exists in face centered cubic lattice with unit cell edge of 361pm . What is the size of the largest atom , which would fit into ocathedral voids without disturbimg the lattice in the...
  img

As the copper crystallises in FCC.therefore edgelength=a=361pm The radius of copper atom is 4RCu=sqrt2 a=Rcu=sqrt2 a/4=108.3 pm here the largest size of atom that can be fitted into...
  img
View all Questions »