why are metals lustrous

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

Due to electronic oscillations.

2 years ago

Metal are lustrous because their bond type absorbs and emits a large amount of wavelengths (colors) creating white light. Thus, metals have shiny

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
molten alluminum chloride is electrolysed using a current of 0.5A to produce 27g of alluminum calculate the number of faradays of electricity consumed

molten alluminum chloride is electrolysed using a current of 0.5A to produce 27g of alluminum therefore the number of faradays of electricity consumed AL^3+ 3e- ------Al 1 mole is deposited...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
HELP!!!! Please guide me how to study Periodic Classification Elements. Is it really important for Chemical Bonding? And also Do i need to cram it all up( Periodic Classification)? If yes...

yes the book you are having is very good.let me tell you chaemical bonding ,periodic table, forms the most imp part of chemistry so you shouls have a very strong command over it. only way...
  img
I in case of CF3I has a partial charge of +1 and in case of CH3I has a partial charge of -1. Why? I know it is related to electronegativity but please explain!

IN case of CF3I it dissociates as CF3- and I+ the charge on iodine is +1 whereas CH3I dissociates as CH3+ and I- the charge in case of I- is -1.see as the electronegativity of flourine is...
  img
In cannizaro reaction, after the heterolytic cleavage of the pi bond due to the attack of the OH - ion at the carbonyl carbon, the pi bond is reformed and a H- ion leaves. Why is it more...

http://www.askiitians.com/revision-notes/chemistry/aldehydeketone-and-carboxylic-acid/ . Please go through this...
  img
Harishwar 17 days ago

I found out the answer. The OH- attacks the electrophillic carbonyl carbon and the pi bond of the carbonyl oxygen is broken and the electron moves to the oxygen. Since the medium is basic in...

Amogh 17 days ago
Question attached.. [ALTS-3 Q49]

= 39/130 = 0.3 Dissociation constant(Ka)= C = 0.01* 0.09 = 9 x 10 ^-4
  img
Ramreddy 2 days ago
How to rewise organic chemistry?

its easy.Firs

ANKIT 6 days ago
View all Questions »