There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Arrange the bonds in order of increasing ionic character in the molecules:

LiF, K2O, N2, SO2 and ClF3

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

ClF3 < SO2 < N2 < LiF < K2O

3 years ago

To determine the covalent character of a compound we us FAJANS rule.

The main points are:

1.)The size of anion should be larger

2.)The size of cation must be smaller

3.)The order of charges in both the cation as well as the anion must be larger.

4.)Pseudo configuratons(the one with incomplete octet but complete orbitals eg.Berryllium-it is not having complete octet but its last orbital i.e S is completely filled.)are to be considered as having more covalent character Noble(eg Neon gases.

On the basis of the above theroy you can predict the answers.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
periodic table

You can check it on askiitians.com home page...in engineering section
  img
Saurabh Kumar 3 days ago
Which gas has the highest partial pressure in atmosphere? CO 2 H 2 O O 2 N 2​ ​pplzz explain how.....

in my opinion answer should be N2 as partial pressure depends on the critical temperature of gas and nitrogen has more critical temp so it will not be easily dissolvable approve if useful

ng29 2 months ago

How we come to know that Nitrogen has more critical temp?

Aditya Sharma 2 months ago
what is oxidation state of S in S2O3. as there is electronegativity difference in both s shouldn’t it +6 and -2

Reason being the overall charge of the compound is -2 the oxidation state for Oxygen is -2 (Oxygen is just about always that way) so -2 x 3 = -6 but as i said before the overall charge of...
  img
Suraj Prasad 4 months ago

but sir this is the avg oxidation state of s ….... can you please tell me oxidation state of each sulphur acc to structure

pragya kaushik 4 months ago
In the following hypothetical reaction A + 3B   2C + D, initial moles of A is twice that of B. If at equilibrium moles of B and C are equal, % of B reacted is (A) 10% (B) 20% (C)...

A + 3B ----- 2C + D initially 1 1 0 0 let x moles of B be consumed at equillibrium equilli 1-x 1-3x 2x x given 1-3x=2x x=1/5 it means 3/5 moles are consumed which means 60 % Herre B is the...

Havishma Haranath 7 months ago

A + 3B ----- 2C + D initially 1 1 0 0 let x moles of B be consumed at equillibrium equilli 1-x 1-3x 2x x given 1-3x=2x x=1/5 it means 3/5 moles are consumed which means 60 % Herre B is the...

Which is more stable: a carbocation attached to a methoxy group or a carbocation attached to benzene ring?

Hello Student Carbocation attached to a benzene ring is highly unstable. This is due to the fact that the benzene ring takes away the electron density from carbon atom which further makes...
  img
Gaurav 4 months ago

Acc. to me, benzene is a nucleophile & carbocation, as its name suggests, is a cation i.e. it is electrophile. Thus, when an electrophile is attached to benzene, it becomes stable as...

Shivam Chopra 4 months ago
please see attachment first then read this remaining question if the second step is rate determining step then the order od rxⁿ wrt NO is

dear friend here the second step is the rate determining step or the slowest step. Here the slowest step is the second step.So the rate will depend on the concentration of 1 power of NO...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago

Since here the cesond step is rate determing therefore thge proceed of the reaction will depend on the second step which is the slowest step. The order of the reaction will be-k[NOBr2][NO]...
  img

yes you are correct but i missed one step i told that rate =k[NOBr2][NO] But rate of formation of NOBr2=k1[NO][Br2] therefore,rate=kk1[NO]^2[Br2] Thus the rate with respect to NO will be 2...
  img
View all Questions »