There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Arrange the bonds in order of increasing ionic character in the molecules:

LiF, K2O, N2, SO2 and ClF3

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

ClF3 < SO2 < N2 < LiF < K2O

3 years ago

To determine the covalent character of a compound we us FAJANS rule.

The main points are:

1.)The size of anion should be larger

2.)The size of cation must be smaller

3.)The order of charges in both the cation as well as the anion must be larger.

4.)Pseudo configuratons(the one with incomplete octet but complete orbitals eg.Berryllium-it is not having complete octet but its last orbital i.e S is completely filled.)are to be considered as having more covalent character Noble(eg Neon gases.

On the basis of the above theroy you can predict the answers.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Please tell me,are there any shortcut tricks to remember the name of elements present in same group of periodic table?

Tricks to remember periodic Table s-block elements 1st group— H Li Na K Rb Cs Fr Code-- HaLiNa Ke Rob Se Farar 2nd group-- Be Mg Ca Sr Ba Ra Code—Beta Maange Car Santro Baap Roye...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago
expalin optical nisomerism and its types with neat and clean figure?

An enantiomer (optical isomer) is one of two stereoisomers that are mirror images of each other that are non-superposable (not identical), much as one's left and right hands are the same...
  img
Raheema Javed 3 months ago

Stereomers are the compound having the same formula but they differ in configuration,the arrangement of atom in space.The two type of stereoisomer are:- (1)geometrical (2)optical OPTICAL...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
i want a website from where i can downlaod Concise Inorganic Chemistry 5 th Edition By J.D.lee...

Hi student, You can but e-book copy from any ecommerce site. ITs available on Amazon. Thanks....
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago

sir i have tried lot of websites... but thanku for your attention

Rashmi Rai 3 months ago
This is a question from BIOMOLECULES asked in jee 2012 (pls see the attachment for the question) in that why was V(fifth) bit not included in the answer even though it has an amino group....

Bear in mind that both an amine and an amide are Lewis bases as they both have a lone pair of electrons. However, the basicity of amides is far lower than that of amines. What makes an amide...
  img
Harishwar 5 months ago
calculate the mole fraction of benzene in a solution containing 40% by mass of toulene.?

Yes you are correct.I made the caculation using the total mass of the mixture is 100gm According to the question if the mass of touene is 100 gm mass of benzene=40 gm moles of toluene=92/100...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago

let the mass of the total mixture be 100gm mass of the benzene=40gm mass of the toluene =60gm molecular weight of benzene and toluene =78 and 92 mole fraction of benzene =mole of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago

sr but he ans is 0.638

Shriya Mehrotra 3 months ago
pH of 10 power -9M HCl is approx.? ( not getting correct ans.)

Here H+ obtained by only HCl is =10 -9 M As we also know that the H+ obtained by dissociation of water=10 -7 M So here we can see thaty the H+ released by water is more that the dissociation...
  img
Naveen Kumar 4 months ago

thanku sir.

Shriya Mehrotra 3 months ago
View all Questions »