There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Arrange the bonds in order of increasing ionic character in the molecules:

LiF, K2O, N2, SO2 and ClF3

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

ClF3 < SO2 < N2 < LiF < K2O

3 years ago

To determine the covalent character of a compound we us FAJANS rule.

The main points are:

1.)The size of anion should be larger

2.)The size of cation must be smaller

3.)The order of charges in both the cation as well as the anion must be larger.

4.)Pseudo configuratons(the one with incomplete octet but complete orbitals eg.Berryllium-it is not having complete octet but its last orbital i.e S is completely filled.)are to be considered as having more covalent character Noble(eg Neon gases.

On the basis of the above theroy you can predict the answers.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Which is the hardest substance ? why is it so?

Diamond is regarded as the hardest known material in the world.But now scientists have calculated that a material called as lonsdaleite which is also called hexagonal diamond, since...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

Diamond no longer nature's hardest material The gemstone lost its title of the "world's hardest material" to man-made nanomaterials some time ago. Now a rare natural...
  img
Raheema Javed 5 months ago

diamond.........it has a tetra hedral shape of carbon which is not easy to break also its shape is symmetrical which is always favoured by our nature That’s what i think

parv 5 months ago
Question is attached... {ALTS-10 Q75}

ans -Cr+3 will impart colour to an aqueous solution
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 4 months ago
I dont find qualitative analysis chapter.Can you please say me where i can find it out?

For qualitative analysis you can refer P BAHADUR book which is given at the end of the book.
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 4 months ago
Does acetyl chloride give iodoform test?and why?

YES and NO.In some questions if heat is given then Qc is favouring forward reactions and reaction proceeds.

dev 3 months ago

YES and NO.In some questions if heat is given then Qc is favouring forward reactions and reaction proceeds.

dev 3 months ago
Sir, what is the use of ∂ in the types of molicular obitals.

In chemistry, delta bonds (δ bonds) are covalent chemical bonds, where four lobes of one involved atomic orbital overlap four lobes of the other involved atomic orbital. This overlap...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

n chemistry, delta bonds (δ bonds) are covalent chemical bonds, where four lobes of one involved atomic orbital overlap four lobes of the other involved atomic orbital. This overlap leads to...

britto george 10 days ago

“Four lobes of one involved atomic orbital overlap four lobes of the other involved atomic orbital” Can you explain this statement & what is internuclear axis?

Vineeth 6 months ago
Which has higher resonance energy ch2=ch-f or ch2=ch-br?

ch2=ch-br has high resonance energy because lone pairs on Br involve in resonance easily giving more delocalization and hence more resonance energy. Flourine is more elctronegative thats why...
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago

yes the other one has more resonance energy because resonanance is more effective in C-F bond than in C-Br bond

daksh 5 months ago

the other one has more resonance energy

agam goel 6 months ago
View all Questions »