Arrange the bonds in order of increasing ionic character in the molecules:

LiF, K2O, N2, SO2 and ClF3

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

ClF3 < SO2 < N2 < LiF < K2O

2 years ago

To determine the covalent character of a compound we us FAJANS rule.

The main points are:

1.)The size of anion should be larger

2.)The size of cation must be smaller

3.)The order of charges in both the cation as well as the anion must be larger.

4.)Pseudo configuratons(the one with incomplete octet but complete orbitals eg.Berryllium-it is not having complete octet but its last orbital i.e S is completely filled.)are to be considered as having more covalent character Noble(eg Neon gases.

On the basis of the above theroy you can predict the answers.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
is there any gud books to practice problems in inorganic chemistry?

dear friend for prcatising problem in inorganic chemistry go for op tondon exercises given in the chapters.practise more and more with previous year paper of iit,aieee,i think tis is more...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
Plz explain me what are azide compounds???

Azideis theanionwith the formula N3−. It is theconjugate baseofhydrazoic acid(HN3). N3−is a linear anion that isisoelectronicwithCO2andN2O. Pervalence bond theory, azide can be...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
please give the simple relation between strengths of H2O2

hydrogen peroxide can be expressed in different strength.The strength can be described in two ways:= (1)Percentage strength (%) This tells you how much pure hydrogen peroxide is in the...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 22 days ago
What is the difference between glucose and fructose??????

glucose and fructose both have a molecular formula of C6H12O6. While fructose and glucose have the same calorific value, the two sugars are metabolized differently in the body. Fructose...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 days ago

g

aryendu kumar 2 days ago
Monoclinic sulphur releases 20 j of energy when 5 gm of sulphur is completely combusted.Heat of combustion of triclinic sulphur is 80 kj per mole.Find out heat of allotropization from...

S(monoclinic) +O2-------- SO2 5 g releases 20j therefore 32 g will release 4*32=128j S(triclinic)- + O2------SO2 + 80kj S(MONOCLINIC)-----S(TRICLINIC) heat of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
Main article: IUPAC nomenclature of organic chemistry Various names and depictions for one organic compound.

Hello student. I am not able to interpret your questions. If you are asking about that why there are different names for same compound in chemistry the answer is, there are two systems of...
  img
Pankaj one month ago
View all Questions »