“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

Arrange the bonds in order of increasing ionic character in the molecules:

LiF, K2O, N2, SO2 and ClF3

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

ClF3 < SO2 < N2 < LiF < K2O

3 years ago

To determine the covalent character of a compound we us FAJANS rule.

The main points are:

1.)The size of anion should be larger

2.)The size of cation must be smaller

3.)The order of charges in both the cation as well as the anion must be larger.

4.)Pseudo configuratons(the one with incomplete octet but complete orbitals eg.Berryllium-it is not having complete octet but its last orbital i.e S is completely filled.)are to be considered as having more covalent character Noble(eg Neon gases.

On the basis of the above theroy you can predict the answers.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
which is least ionic: AgCl b. KCl c. BaCl 2 d.CaCl 2

​d) CaCl2 for maximum ionic char there are some conditions 1- low charge 2- large size of cation ans small size of anion approve if useful

ng29 3 months ago

may be wrong answer but remember conditions that i have maentioned above it will be very helpful u r doing bitsat book i advice you to do chapterwise questions with time limit and check ur...

ng29 3 months ago

c – BaCl 2 because it has more charge density per unit volume and therefore by FAJAN’s rule it is most covalent and least ionic

daksh 3 months ago
the number of carbonatoms arraned linearly in CH 3 -CH 2 -CC-CH 3 will be?

there are two carbons that are linearly arranged second and third carbon from right are linear bcoz there is triple bond between them and have sp hybridiation approve if useful

ng29 3 months ago

answer may be wrong in book bcoz there is no mistake in my ans i think which book are u doing

ng29 3 months ago

ok thanx...i am doing ARIHANT complete success pakage for BITSAT 2015

mansi dabriwal 3 months ago
what is lattice energy how we calculate it

What is lattice enthalpy? Two different ways of defining lattice enthalpy There are two different ways of defining lattice enthalpy which directly contradict each other, and you will find...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 9 days ago
Q . which is the correct order of decreasing stability of the following cations?

i think the correct the correct answer is c because of stabilisation by lone pairs in third and second case,, and for the comparison between second and third option , third option with less ...

daksh 8 months ago

sorry wrong answer.....please give a right answer with proper explanation

Bharat Makkar 8 months ago

YES.....GOT IT...THANKS ….....

Bharat Makkar 8 months ago
2-Chloro-3,3-dimethylbutane or 3-Chloro-2,2-dimethylbutane... My teacher first one is correct but why is the second one not correct in terms of locant rule ?? Pls help PICTURE ATTACHED-

The correct name of the above compound is –; 2-Chloro-3,3-dimethylbutane ThIs IUPAC name is correct because as per the rule when different substituents are present ,then numbering is...
  img
Aarti Gupta 4 months ago

Dear student i have already explain this to you.Again understand this -- This compound has three substituents two methyls and one chlorine.Now according to IUPAC nomenclature,first select...
  img
Aarti Gupta 4 months ago

madam,but if we apply least sum rule …..3-chloro-2,2-dimethylbutane should be right answer ,rt8?pls explain

naina 4 months ago
How to calculate n factor and equivalent mass?

→ change in oxidation number is the best method. → charge on cationic or anionic part → no. of replacable H (hydrogen) atoms → no. of replacable OH

2015 years ago

-5 hours ago

equivalent mass = Molecular Mass/n-factor

-5 hours ago

when equations are given. balance the equations carefully. Calculate the change in oxidation number and that is equal to n. Now equivalent weight is molecular weight of the substance under...

-5 hours ago
View all Questions »