Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

nature of halides

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

There are six elements in Group VIIA, the next-to-last column of the periodic table. As expected, these elements have certain properties in common. They all form diatomic molecules (H2, F2, Cl2, Br2, I2, and At2), for example, and they all form negatively charged ions (H-, F-, Cl-, Br-, I-, and At-).

When the chemistry of these elements is discussed, hydrogen is separated from the others and astatine is ignored because it is radioactive. (The most stable isotopes of astatine have half-lives of less than a minute. As a result, the largest samples of astatine compounds studied to date have been less than 50 ng.) Discussions of the chemistry of the elements in Group VIIA therefore focus on four elements: fluorine, chlorine, bromine, and iodine. These elements are called thehalogens(from the Greekhals, "salt," andgennan, "to form or generate") because they are literally the salt formers.

Thank You

Ruchi

Askiitians Faculty

one year ago

Post Your Answer

what is braggs equation?

n×lamda = 2dsin is the braggs equation simply we can describe braggs equation the integral multiple of wavelength is equals to path diffrence of two successive x-rays

raju p 5 months ago

the INTEGRAL MULTIPLE OF WAVELENGTH =PATH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO SUCCESIVE X-RAYS THIS IS THE MAIN POINT IN BRAGGS EQUATION

srujanyadav 5 months ago

the INTEGRAL MULTIPLE OF WAVELENGTH =PATH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TWO SUCCESIVE X-RAYS THIS IS THE MAIN POINT IN BRAGGS EQUATION

sanjay 5 months ago
nature of bismath?

metal

mamidi 5 months ago

METAL

DURGA PRASAD 5 months ago

METAL

L GOUSE BASHA 5 months ago
what is the factors of rate of reaction?

The factors of rate of reaction 1)Nature of reactent, physical size. physical state. 2)Pressure. 3)Temparature. 4)Concentratin. 5)Height. 6)Catalyst.

RAKESH CHINDAM 5 months ago

1)Nature of reactent, physical size. physical state. 2)Pressure. 3)Temparature. 4)Concentratin. 5)Height. 6)Catalyst.

PRAPULPODISHETTI 5 months ago

factors of rate of reaction concentration of the reactants nature of reactants light temperature catalyst

sanjay 5 months ago
what are the uses of quicklime

i)It is an important primary material for manufacturing cement ii) It is used in the manufacture of sodium carbonate from caustic soda. iii) It is used in the purification of sugar and dye...

kalyan 5 months ago

Calcium oxide (CaO), commonly known as quicklime or burnt lime, is a widely used chemical compound. It is a white, caustic, alkaline, crystalline solid at room temperature. Quicklime is...

KUNCHAM SAMPATH 4 months ago

1.TO MANUFACTURING OF CEMENT IT IS THE FORST MAYERIAL. 2.USED IN THE PURIFICATION OF SUGAR. 3.REGENERATE NH 3 FROM NH 4 CL IN SOLVAY PROCESS.

SAI SARDAR 4 months ago
What should be the answer ? I am confused in option b and c

DEAR FRIEND DONT DEPEND ALWAYS ON LUCK. I KNOW YOU ARE A DEEP THIKER. I THINK YOU WANT TO TEST US. LIFE IS NOT A JOKE LIFE IS A BOON . SELECT A RIGHT WAY TO FULL FILL YOUR SOUL

NAGOORVALI 2 months ago

The answer msut be d because chlorine is a bigger atom hence the elcetronic repulsions will be less and the atom will accept the electron easily.

Surya Amay one month ago

c will be the correct answer because in

Gaddam Chethan 2 months ago
mollecules means

a group of atoms bonded together, representing the smallest fundamental unit of a chemical compound that can take part in a chemical reaction.

SHANMUKESHWAR 5 months ago

number of atomes

Gavvala Ganesh 5 months ago

a group of atoms bonded together, representing the smallest fundamental unit of a chemical compound that can take part in a chemical reaction. A molecule is the smallest particle in a...

L GOUSE BASHA 5 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts