DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   nature of halides

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

There are six elements in Group VIIA, the next-to-last column of the periodic table. As expected, these elements have certain properties in common. They all form diatomic molecules (H2, F2, Cl2, Br2, I2, and At2), for example, and they all form negatively charged ions (H-, F-, Cl-, Br-, I-, and At-).

When the chemistry of these elements is discussed, hydrogen is separated from the others and astatine is ignored because it is radioactive. (The most stable isotopes of astatine have half-lives of less than a minute. As a result, the largest samples of astatine compounds studied to date have been less than 50 ng.) Discussions of the chemistry of the elements in Group VIIA therefore focus on four elements: fluorine, chlorine, bromine, and iodine. These elements are called thehalogens(from the Greekhals, "salt," andgennan, "to form or generate") because they are literally the salt formers.

Thank You

Ruchi

Askiitians Faculty

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
How to remember p block reactions

No shortcut, you have to start from NCERT and go through the questions..
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago

it is very important chapter in both jeee main and advance u start with ncert by reading the text and marking the important points and do intext as well as back questions then have a look...

ng29 2 months ago

if u know how to balance reaction then just remember the products as many of the reactions have common products

Shubham Singh 2 months ago
what is the shape of NH 3

pyramidal
  img
Avinash 8 days ago

img
Saurabh Kumar 8 days ago

pyramidal..because , no.of valence electrons in Nitrogen-5 bond pairs-3 lone pair-1

VIDULA 8 days ago
what are oxygenated ions?

dimethyl ether and oxygen

badugu omkar 4 months ago

dimethyl ether and oxygen

badugu omkar 4 months ago
Jee pb

….….….…...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

Please post the correct question

Adarsh one month ago

?????????????????

grenade 29 days ago
compare the stability of the following compounds, (i) (a) ph-ch2(free radical) (b)(ch3)3c(free radical) (c)ch3-ch(free radical)-ch3 (d)ch2=ch-ch2(free radical) (ii)(a) ch2=ch(free radical)...

ch2=ch-ch2(free radical) is an allyl i mistook it for vinyl. allyls are more reactive than primary secondary and tertiary radicals and vinyls are less reactive. ch2=ch(free radical) is a...

sufi digital 8 months ago

actually i meant allyls are more stable than primary secondary and tertiary radicals and vinyl is less stable. allyls are stabalised by resonance but vinyls are not. by mistake i wrote...

sufi digital 8 months ago

and for the second question,answer is ph-ch2(free radical)> ch3-ch2(free radical)>ch2=ch(free radical)>ph(free radical)> ch(triple bond)c(free radical)

vineet chatterjee 8 months ago
which is better for express concentration molarity or molality

Molarity and molality are both measures of concentration of solutions. One is the ratio of moles to volume of the solution and the other isthe ratio of molesto the mass of the solution....
  img
Avinash 12 days ago

Molality is considered better for expressing the concentration as compared to molarity because the molarity changes with temperature because of expansion or contraction of the liquid with...
  img
Aarti Gupta 15 days ago

Molality is independent of temperature
  img
Avinash 12 days ago
View all Questions »