FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
                   nature of halides

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

There are six elements in Group VIIA, the next-to-last column of the periodic table. As expected, these elements have certain properties in common. They all form diatomic molecules (H2, F2, Cl2, Br2, I2, and At2), for example, and they all form negatively charged ions (H-, F-, Cl-, Br-, I-, and At-).

When the chemistry of these elements is discussed, hydrogen is separated from the others and astatine is ignored because it is radioactive. (The most stable isotopes of astatine have half-lives of less than a minute. As a result, the largest samples of astatine compounds studied to date have been less than 50 ng.) Discussions of the chemistry of the elements in Group VIIA therefore focus on four elements: fluorine, chlorine, bromine, and iodine. These elements are called thehalogens(from the Greekhals, "salt," andgennan, "to form or generate") because they are literally the salt formers.

Thank You

Ruchi

Askiitians Faculty

one year ago

Post Your Answer

How to identify the maximum covalency number in an atom?

It is the property of different elements to form bonds with the atoms of same element or other elements.It can be determined by knowing the electronic configuration of the element involved.
  img
Apoorva Arora 7 days ago
what are chemical bonds please explain in detail that why the form please ,,,,,

Chemical compounds are formed by the joining of two or more atoms. A stable compound occurs when the total energy of the combination has lower energy than the separated atoms. The bound...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya one month ago

A chemical bond is an attraction between atoms that allows the formation of chemical substances that contain two or more atoms. The bond is caused by the electrostatic force of attraction...

Aditya Raj 3 days ago
where is nitrogen and oxygen family

Oxygen Family About the Group Group 16 is the oxygen family. It consists of the elements oxygen, sulfur, selenium, tellurium, and polonium. Each has six of the desired eight electrons...

Nitrogen family is basically 15 th group in modern periodic table, 15 th group consists of following elements, they are also referred to as pnicogens(poison) nitrogen(N), phosphorus(P),...

Prateek Mittal 28 days ago

nitrogen family PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my answer is use full for you so please just click on approve button ...and if you have any other question or dought keep asking

the radiusof the fourth orbit of an atom is 0.64nm. the radius of the 3 rd orbit of the atom is ___________________

Above formula would help you to solve the question by taking the ratio of radii r 1 :r 2
  img
Avinash one month ago
Why don’t we write Mg 2 + O 2 = MgO in the reaction of Magnesium ribbon burning in air, since the valency of magnesium is 2.

yes you can write, Mg 2 + O 2 → Mg 2 O 2 we can cacel the 2. for eg. if the formula for a compound is – X 3 Y 6 , then we can write this as XY 3 that is why we can write Mg 2 O 2 as MgO,...

Vaibhav Gupta one month ago
if an acid having construction as 0.01 N is diluted to 1000 times then the PH of that acid is

KUNCHAM SAMPATH 10 days ago

Answer is 5

RAKESH CHINDAM 10 days ago

GANESH BABU 3 days ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers