y sometimez hot water freezes more quickly than cold water?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

THE rate at which heat moves from place to place is proportional to the difference in temperature and since there is a greater temperature gradient in the warm water, it transfres heat quicker than that of cold water. in addition to this,warm water loses a part of its mass due to the evaporation process and there is less part to be cooled.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how can we find calomal from corrosive sublimate?

Hg2Cl2 is known as calomel. It is prepared by heating HgCl2 and Hg in an iron vessel. Hgcl2+Hg _______ Hg2cl2 It can also be prepared by mixing mercury salt with chloride ions. Properties 1)...

raju 5 months ago

Hg2Cl2 is known as calomel. It is prepared by heating HgCl2 and Hg in an iron vessel. It can also be prepared by mixing mercury salt with chloride ions. Properties 1) It is a white powder...

raju 5 months ago

give also it`s reaction plz.

Indu 5 months ago
What are the metal ion are present in carnalite?(EAMCET 2006 ENGINEERING) 1) Mg 2+ , K + 2) Al 3+ , Na + 3) Na + , Mg 2+ 4) Zn 2+ , Mg 2+

The Metal ion present in Carnalite is : ( 1 ) Mg +2 , K + Thanks & Regards Akshay Meena, askIITians Faculty M.Tech,IIT Kharagpur
  img
Akshay Meena 7 months ago

Its formula is KMgCl3 so the metal ions or cations present in it are Mg^2+ and K^+

Srijan Sinha 7 months ago
is ncert level knowledge enough for doing competetion level inorgang chem. as it only requires learning by heart ( in aipmt or jee mains both have same level )

no my dear friend if you really want to have good command then you should read OPtandon inorganic chemistry along with NCERT.you can also try reading JDLEE but at the last.but optandon+NCERT...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 14 days ago
i did not understood the eletronic configuration of chromium???

Chromium having atomic no.24 have expected configuration- 1s 2 ,2s 2, 2p 6 ,3s 2 ,3p 6 ,3d 4 ,4s 2 but the actual configuration is 1s 2, 2s 2 ,2p 6 ,3s 2 ,3p 6 ,3d 5 ,4s 1 This actual...
  img
Aarti Gupta 15 days ago
what is mole concept?

Dear student, A Mole is:6.02 x 1023 of anything given quantity. This can also be said that the formula mass in grams of a substance contains one mole of particles. The number of substances...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 25 days ago
what volume of 0.1M KMnO4 is need to oxidise 100mg of FeC2O4 in acidic medium?

As their number of equivalents are equal i.e n1v1=n2v2 so, We just need to find out these variables. n1 i.e normality of KMn04= molarity x n-factor n-factor of KMn04 in acidic medium is 5...

RON 27 days ago
View all Questions »