Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

limitations of vbt

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Farah,

The valence bond theory was fairly successful in explaining qualitatively the geometry and magnetic behaviour of the complexes. But, it could not explain the following :

(i) The origin of their absorption spectra could not be explained.

(ii) Why did different complexes of the same metal show different colours.

(iii) Relative stabilities of different complexes could not be explained.

(iv) Why should certain ligands form high spin, while others low spin complexes.

Best Of Luck...!!!!

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Which gas has the highest partial pressure in atmosphere? CO 2 H 2 O O 2 N 2​ ​pplzz explain how.....

in my opinion answer should be N2 as partial pressure depends on the critical temperature of gas and nitrogen has more critical temp so it will not be easily dissolvable approve if useful

ng29 2 months ago

How we come to know that Nitrogen has more critical temp?

Aditya Sharma 2 months ago
what is the faraday’s equivalent of 9.8g of k2cr2o7 ?

here 6 is n- factor of k2cr207 (moles of electrons needed to reduce 1 mol. of k2cr2o7)

Abhishek Singh 7 months ago

moles of k2cr2o7 is= 9.8/294=1/30 moles eqvalents = 1/30*6=0.2

Abhishek Singh 7 months ago
how many coordinate isomers are possible of compound [Cu9NH3)4][PtCl4]?

Coordinate isomers differ in the distribution of ligands between metal ions in complex compound [PtNH3)4][CuCl4] is the possible coordinate isomer
  img
Harishwar 5 months ago

Hi Student,I Information is Missing in the question.
  img
Harishwar 5 months ago

BILAL AHMAD one month ago
What are the products formed when 2-methoxy propane reacts with conc HI

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 7 months ago

In the presence of conc.HI I think (CH3)2CH-OH changes to (CH3)2CH-I. Also since a secondary carbon is present SN 1 mechanism may occur then the products are different(CH3OH and...

Himaja 7 months ago
i am very confuse double bond/triple bond is preferred over ether or opposite happens plzz help me..

In IUPAC naming of organic compounds containing double/triple bond and ether functional group, priority is given to the double bond/triple bond over ether group.
  img
Pankaj 3 months ago

You are always welcome
  img
Pankaj 2 months ago

THank u Pankaj Sir

Mohammad Kavish 3 months ago
2-Chloro-3,3-dimethylbutane or 3-Chloro-2,2-dimethylbutane... My teacher first one is correct but why is the second one not correct in terms of locant rule ?? Pls help PICTURE ATTACHED-

The correct name of the above compound is –; 2-Chloro-3,3-dimethylbutane ThIs IUPAC name is correct because as per the rule when different substituents are present ,then numbering is...
  img
Aarti Gupta 4 months ago

Dear student i have already explain this to you.Again understand this -- This compound has three substituents two methyls and one chlorine.Now according to IUPAC nomenclature,first select...
  img
Aarti Gupta 4 months ago

madam,but if we apply least sum rule …..3-chloro-2,2-dimethylbutane should be right answer ,rt8?pls explain

naina 4 months ago
View all Questions »