Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

limitations of vbt

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Farah,

The valence bond theory was fairly successful in explaining qualitatively the geometry and magnetic behaviour of the complexes. But, it could not explain the following :

(i) The origin of their absorption spectra could not be explained.

(ii) Why did different complexes of the same metal show different colours.

(iii) Relative stabilities of different complexes could not be explained.

(iv) Why should certain ligands form high spin, while others low spin complexes.

Best Of Luck...!!!!

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Which of the following is not true for PCl 5 (a)Its three P-Cl bond lenghts are equal (b)It involves sp 3 d hybridization. (c)It has regular geometry. (d)Its shape is trigonal bipyramidal....
@ mudit i am sorry , all the four statement are actually correct , so, none of them will be false . in the frst statement it state that – 3 of the bonds are equal – thats true ,. three...
Umakant biswal one month ago
THe answwer given in book is ©.I think it is incorrect but want to make it sure so waiting for more answers.
Mudit one month ago
@ mudit option no a turns out to be the correct answer , as in pcl5 , all the bonds are not equal while 3 of them are equal and the rest 2 p-cl bonds are actually greater than these 3 . and ...
How the S-character increases the electronegativity of an atom ?
Due to the spherical – structure shape of s – orbitals unlike p – orbitals it is more closer to nucleus and hence nuclear charge compare to p orbitals which is more elongaated the elctron...
Vikas TU 11 days ago
what meant stationary and rotating polarcovalent molecule ?
@ mardana the covalent molecules which have dipole moment as 0 are called as stationary polar covalent molecules . there are also no degree of freedom of these molecules . rotating polar...
Umakant biswal 6 days ago
what happen in gas convert into liquid when we compress
@ kuldeep i am not getting your query , kindly be specific , when we will compress the gas , then the particles that are there in the gas will come closer with each other and we can...
can you please explain me detail that Is milk of magnesia a suspension or it is a colloidal solution?
@ sai milk of magnesia is called as magnesio hydroxide , , and anything which contains suspended particles in it , we define that as suspension , " so, it is a suspension of mh (oh) 2 in...
Umakant biswal 26 days ago
Milk of magnesia is a suspension in water in a colloid there are small particles floating in the solution showing colloidal effect but in case of milk of magnesia or paint there is a...
Biswajit dash 26 days ago
Why Rutherford used alpha particle and gold foil in his experiment
dear ankesh can i know the reason for disapproval ?? i mean my answers are correct , tell me the thing that u nt understood . ?? or what else u required for this question ??
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ ankesh The reason why rutherford use alpha particle for the experiment 1- they are heavily and positively charged . 2- they donot have any electron 3- as like charges will repel , the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn