limitations of vbt

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Farah,

The valence bond theory was fairly successful in explaining qualitatively the geometry and magnetic behaviour of the complexes. But, it could not explain the following :

(i) The origin of their absorption spectra could not be explained.

(ii) Why did different complexes of the same metal show different colours.

(iii) Relative stabilities of different complexes could not be explained.

(iv) Why should certain ligands form high spin, while others low spin complexes.

Best Of Luck...!!!!

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
How should i start s and pblock? i tried making notes of it but there seems nolimit to a topic so how can i know what all is sufficient and what all is useless? i referred to syllabus but...

s and p block elements constitute the representative elements of the periodic table.For the study of these elements use NCERT books which helps you first in finding the various topics to be...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago
Please tell me,are there any shortcut tricks to remember the name of elements present in same group of periodic table?

Tricks to remember periodic Table s-block elements 1st group— H Li Na K Rb Cs Fr Code-- HaLiNa Ke Rob Se Farar 2nd group-- Be Mg Ca Sr Ba Ra Code—Beta Maange Car Santro Baap Roye...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 4 months ago
Why hydration of metals ar compounds is exothermic reaction ?, Also I need the reason from the moicular structure.

Hello Student, Hydration is the process of solvation of an ion by water molecules. When metals are dissolved in water , they get ionized and the cation formed undergo hydration. Hydration of...
  img
Gaurav yesterday
hyperconjugation occurs in: please expain the answer

thanks for the reply,but the answer is C.

HARSHIT SHARMA 4 months ago

arey koi reply kar do

HARSHIT SHARMA 3 months ago

THE NECCESARY CONDITION FOR HYPERCONJUGATION TO OCCUR IS PRESENCE OF (ALPHA) – HYDROGEN WHICH ARE ONLY PRESENT IN OPTION (C). ALPHA HYDROGENS ARE THOSE WHICH ARE ATTACHED TO THE CARBON ATOM...

bharat makkar one month ago
how can we say pure water is weak electrolyte

Pure water containing no exogenous ions is an excellent insulator, but not even "deionized" water is completely free of ions. Water undergoes auto-ionization in the liquid state,...
  img
Raheema Javed one month ago

Electrolyte is defined as a substance which when dissolved in water,resulting in solution which conducts electricity.Electrolyte contains free ions and these ions are responsible for...
  img
Aarti Gupta one month ago
bile juice responcible for emulsification of fats is stored in

Bile or gall is a bitter-tasting, dark green to yellowish brown fluid, produced by the liver of most vertebrates, that aids the digestion of lipids in the small intestine. In humans, bile is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago

Hello Student Bile juice is one of the number of ther digesive juices prent in human digestive system. Bile juice is responcible for emulsification of the fats of the foold. Bille juice is...
  img
Gaurav one month ago
View all Questions »