FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

limitations of vbt

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Farah,

The valence bond theory was fairly successful in explaining qualitatively the geometry and magnetic behaviour of the complexes. But, it could not explain the following :

(i) The origin of their absorption spectra could not be explained.

(ii) Why did different complexes of the same metal show different colours.

(iii) Relative stabilities of different complexes could not be explained.

(iv) Why should certain ligands form high spin, while others low spin complexes.

Best Of Luck...!!!!

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Why CuSO4 reacts with Conc HNO3 and why not with Conc HCl

Copper is one of the coinage metal.It is considered as noble metal which is indicated by its high positive values of standard electrode potentials.Oxidising acids in hot conc. form can...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago
Wat is diiferentiating electrons????

The electron by which the electron configuration of the given element differs from that of its preceding element is called differentiating electron is the last entering electron of its atom...
  img
Raheema Javed 4 months ago

Accourding to me differentiating electron is usually the one that is easily removed when forming ions.

Ashwin 7 months ago
Show how [S 2 O 8 2- ]t = 0.33 – [SO 4 2- ] / 2

Is this question complete …............please elaborate...
  img
Naveen Kumar 5 months ago
What are Optically Pure Compounds and using them explain the role of Amines as “RESOLVING AGENTS” to seperaty the Recemic Forms of Acidic Compounds by formation of DIASTEREOMERIC Salts.

A compound is optically pure if it contains only one enantiomer. You can use polarized light to determine the optical purity. A chiral amines can be used to resolve a racemic mixture of...
  img
Harishwar 6 months ago
real gas

Hello Student, All the gases which are not ideal are called real gas. The concept of ideal gas is hypothetical. No gas is actually Ideal. the concept of ideal gas is used as a reference to...
  img
Pankaj 2 months ago

shivam 2 months ago
Q . EXAMINE THE FOLLOWING TWO CANONICAL STRUCTURES AND CHOOSE THE CORRECT STATEMENT FROM THE GIVEN BELOW-( MORE THAN ONE CORRECT) (1) IS MORE STABLE THAN TWO (2) IS MORE STABLE THAN (1) (1)...

More the number of pi-bond, more is the stability and hence (2) is more stable (so having less energy than (1)) canonical structure and contribute more in resonating structure....
  img
Naveen Kumar 4 months ago

i request you to please help me in other questions that r posted....thanks

bharat makkar 4 months ago
View all Questions »