Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

What is the unit for measuring crystal field stabilisation energy? In books it is mentioned Dq. What this Dq stands for? In some books cm-1 is also given. what does this signifies?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dq is a measuring unit where 10 Dq is considered as the difference in energy between the orbitals having highest and lowest energy. When it is given in cm(-1), this signifies the wave number of the light having the energy that is needed. so both of them can be considered as the unit but Dq is used more often.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Why Hydrogen Sulphide precipitates Zinc Chloride in neutral medium & not in acidic medium.
@ gagandeep kindly see the below reaction zncl2 + hc = 2hcl + zns then its a double displacement reaction . as its a double displacement reaction , it cannot have suitable condition in...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Can anybody tell me disproportionation reaction of OCl :-) ^- in neutral, alkaline or acidic medium.
@ gagandeep in the case of acidic medium cl- get oxidised to cl2 , so, i think u can write the reaction also. just try to apply LEO says GER formula and balance the electron u will get it . ...
What is electric arc..?? Difference b/w nascent and atomic hydrogen..??
@ simran the nascent and the atomic hydrogen both are actually same , usually hydrogen exist as a diatomic molecule , bonded by covalent bond , hydrogen obtained by disolution of this bond...
While welding or solderring the fluid or plasma which gets dicharges when the two elctrodes or metals are higly brought together. The gases b/e them gets ionised and are thus visible.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Using Ortho para directing groups explain resonance in benzene
Learn this codee: HB MNC that stands for Hydrogen Bonding methyl Nitration Methyl (-CH3) And circle the whole code. that circle would stand for ortho taht is O for Ortho. . Now what does it ...
Vikas TU one month ago
In bond enthalpy it is the amount of energy required to break one mole of bond? How can there be one mole!! Bond
@ mayank yes , 1 mole of bond is possible . 1 mole besically specifies to 6.022 * 10 ^ -28 ( avogadro no . ) no ofparticles. so, if that much no of particles will going to be combine then...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake 25 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn