Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

how to calucalate the co-ordination number in given compond with an example ?

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

for calculation of co-ordination number see this example

ex1) [NiCl4] --- there are four ligands present & each is monodentate ligand so its coordination number is 4*1=4

2)  [FeCl2(H2O)4] ----in this example total 4 + 2 ligands are present & all are monodentate so its coordination number is 6

3) [Ni(Oxalato)2]  ----   in this two didentate ligands are present & so its coordination number is 2*2 =4

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Can anybody tell me disproportionation reaction of OCl :-) ^- in neutral, alkaline or acidic medium.
@ gagandeep in the case of acidic medium cl- get oxidised to cl2 , so, i think u can write the reaction also. just try to apply LEO says GER formula and balance the electron u will get it . ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
How to find the magnetic moment of a coordination compound
@ anjana u can find out the magnetic moment of a coordination compound by the foillwoing formula u = root over of n (n+2 ) BM where u stands for magnetic moment n is the no of unpair...
Umakant biswal 5 days ago
How to calculate equivalent weight in disproportionate reaction
@ mahima in the case of disproportion reaction u can calculate the equivalent weight by the calculation of n factor . and for finding the n factor , use the following formula 1/N= 1/n1 +...
Nylon 6 is which polymer condensation or addition ? Plz provide reference
Hi ! Praful , NYLON-6 is a condensation type of polymer.Nylon-6 is other wise known as polycaprolactum.These fibre are wrinkleproof, highly resistance to abbrasion such as chemicals like...
nath 2 months ago
With very tough, high strength and tensile nylon – 6 is not a condensation polymer but a semicrystalline polyamide. It somewhat resembles the characterstics of Nylon – 6,6.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
What applications of scrondigner wave equation will be asked in iit advanced?the direct equation is very difficult to comprehend.plz help
@sachet schordinger equation is not that much imp from jee advanced point of view , it will be asked in jee mains , they will only ask u the equation as well as 2 of the value will be given ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
How I remember organic reactions in organic chemistry and also how I understand mechanism of any type of reactions in organic chemistry?????????
Donot stress on learning them try to understand their concepts and mechanisms of those reactions. Understand nucleophillic and electrophillic attacks deeply and leaving group leaving...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
@ manish i am giving some tips on how to remember such things 1- frst of all make a list of organic name reaction that are there in you book , u can take the help of sudy material as well...
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn