2. ^35Cl^- < ^37Cl^-

3.K+ > Cl-

4. P3+>P5+

plz explain with reason?????

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Nisha chaudary,

concept of atomic size goes like this

1) say there are same electrons and protons for some atom. if u remove one electron from that the protons are higher than electrons. thatswhy we put  + sign on the element for removing electron. when we removed the electron the protons are more so they attract electrons more strongly. so the atomic size will reduce

2) if we take an electron the electrons increases. for that we put an - (negative sign) on that element. in this case elements are more so and protons are low. less protons attracts less so the atomic size will increase.

3)  in this question u need to calculate the protons and electrons for each atom and then u have to decide which one is bigger.

ex: k+   has 19 protons and 18 electrons   and  cl- has 17 protons and 18 electrons.

u can se that the atomic size is greater when electrons are grater than protons therefore the cl- has greater atomic size that k+

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Rathod Shankar Singh

IIT Bombay

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

How to check dipole moment procedudure of dipole moment in inorganic chemistry and what method to apply
@ rahul u can calculate the dipole moment of the molecules by the following formula u = q*l where u is the dipole moment q is the magntide of either charges and l is the dipole length HOPE...
Umakant biswal 10 days ago
In coordination complex compounds when does nh3 acts as strong ligand
@ kumar in spectrochemical series the ligands are arrenged in their increasing delta value towards a metal ion . as the charge on the metal ion will increase the magnitude of delta alos...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
no of geometrical and optical isomers of the compound [co(NH3)2Cl2(en)]+
This is M(AA)a 2 b 2 type compund.I have 3 G.I out of which two are trans which can’t show optical isomerism (O.I) While cis form show O.I hence occur in d & l pair Thus,3G.I & 2 O.I but...
Pranav Dabhade 6 days ago
can i know which book can i refer for jee mains with basics i m very back at basics
@ ram , i think u are asking for the organic chemistry . if so, then start with ncert , with reading of ncert , your besic will get strong as it explains each and every mechanism step by...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What are antibiotics...............................................?
Antibiotics: Antibiotics are chemical substances produced by micro-organism (bacteria, fungi and mould) which prevent the growth or kill other micro-organisms.
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ ram An antibiotic is given for the treatment of an infection caused by bacteria. Antibiotics target microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi and parasites. However, they are not effective...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
find n; log(17/11)=(1-n)log(35/54) i know u can do it with calculators tell me the correct steps. thanks
Dear Priyesh, Sharing personal information and contact details is strictly not allowed on this forum. Please make sure that you must follow forum guidelines else your account will be...
Forum Team 2 months ago
Contact me on WhatsApp for answer. Dont forget to approve view ucckcbzdlgkdkgjzkgkxjblvhxlbgvphhxvhxjuzvcfxkbuxjbixhvkxxkchzivjzvxhckcgclvyxohuzyfi
priyesh dixit 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn