Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off
 to determine the hybridisation from pie bonds or sigma bonds

2.what is a triatomic molecule?

3.why does phosphine have lower melting point than ammonia?

4.although i3- is konown ,f3- is not why?

nacl gives a white precipitate with agno3 but ccl4 or chcl3 does not...plzzz explain!!

i would be really thankfull if you wud clear my doubts asap!

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hii nishad ..

Hybridisation is actually not only determined by sigma and pie bonds..there are many defination to find out hybridisation of compound ...well i will tell you with example

Electron               Hybridisation

2                                 sp

3                                sp2

4                                sp3

5                                sp3d

6                                sp3d3

NH3                          H  --N(--H) -- H   so here we have three sigma bond...and one lone pair on N   so 3 + 1 = 4

so hybridisation = sp3

PCl5   here phoshphorus has 5 electron in outer most shell..5 Cl combines with all and form 5 sigma bond ..

so gives  sp3d .

NO2+    N + has outer most e- = 4  two oxygen combines with four electron making two double bond ..

So we have total bond = 4   hence hybridisation sp3

2) I3-  is term as triatomic...with three I atoms combined each other two form a compund

3) Amonia exibits hydrogen Bonding ....

4) Because size of F is very small as compared to I ....thats why triatomic and negative charge leads to a larger repulsion in case of F ....hence F3- is not possible

In case CCl4 ...Cl is in stable state and there is no chance that bond will break between C and no chance of formation of AGcl when mixed with AgNO3

In case ChCl3...instead of Cl  ...Bond of C-H breaks out due to stability of C-cl3 (resonace)..which leads  no precipitation of AgCl ...

In case of breaks in Na+ and Cl-  and finally Cl- combines with AgNo3...and precipitate of AgCl is formed

I hope i have explained it

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

sir please explain in short what do you mean by Bridging ligands ??
Hi ! Prasan ,, A Bridging ligand is defined as the one that can simultaneously bond itself to more than one metal ion.OH- , Cl- , NH2- , can function both as monodentate and bridging ...
raju 2 months ago
@prasan an atomic or polyatomic ligand which connect two or more atoms in a compound is called bridging ligand . example – nbcl5 these are 2 bridging and 8 terminal chloride ligand . HOPE...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Sir please tell me that what is henry`s rule nd how can I use it numerical question ?????????That`s I can get a secure answer???????And what is the value of Henry`s constant????
."water takes up, of gas condensed by one, two, or more additional atmospheres, a quantity which, ordinarily compressed, would be equal to twice, thrice, &c. the volume absorbed under the...
rahul kushwaha 25 days ago
@ rahul At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium...
Umakant biswal 25 days ago
Metal hydride non metal hydride acidic or basic metal oxide nonmetal oxide acidic or basic?
Metal hydride is basic since it produces H - ion as metal are more electopositive than Hydrogen,while non-metal hydride is acidic since it produces H + ion asnon- metal are less...
Pranav Dabhade 13 days ago
Why the pH scale is from 1 to14? what is the pH value of 10M HCl?
it is from 1 to 4, and the pH value of 10M of HCl is -1...........................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,......................,,,,,,,,,,,
2017 years ago
@ pedireddy the ph scale generally measures the activity of the hydrogen atom in A substance or solution , and also it tells about how acidic and besic the substances is . so, it is 1 to 14 ...
why hydrolysis test for anilido group must be postponed when an aromatic amino group is detected
I think it is because of bulky group that is the aromatic group attached the anilido group which might hinder the process of hydrolysis
Biswajit dash one month ago
The mass ofa nonvolatile solute of malar mass 40g/mol that should be dissolved in114g of octane to lower its vapour 20% is.........
For immiscible mixtures, the relation in pre partial pressures and mole fractioon is: Pa’/Pb’ = na/nb 0.2P/P = na/(114/114) na = 0.2 moles of solute. Mass of the solute = 0.2 * 40 => 8...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn