Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

how can we predict the hybridisation of nitrogen in NH4+??

plz explain the geometry of the molecule...........

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

I THINK ITS HYBRIDIZATION IS SP3..........................   IN OUTERMOST SHELL N HAS 5 ATOMS.........  1 POSITIVE CHARGE...........  4 HYDROGEN ATOMS...............  SO HYBVRIDIZATION IS 1/2(5+4-1) THAT IS 4...SO SP3

6 years ago

it is sp3 hybrid.................. here we can use the frmula 1\2(N+B-c) where N is no. of valence e- in central atom, b is no. of atoms surrounding it & c is total charge on atom................

using the frmula we get 1\2(5+4-1) = 4 hence sp3 hybridized

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Can u give any trick for identified metals and non metals
@ amresh metal and non metals can be easily identified in a reaction . metals have a tendency to accept the electrons generally , but non metal lacks that . metals are sonorous , ductile...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
metals are bright ie losturous ,ductile,sonorus,good conductor of heat and electricityand able to donate electron to become cation.while non-metals are non lustrous,non ductile,non...
ankit saurav 11 days ago
What is Difference between coagulation and peptisation
@ rishab coagulation is a process of aggregrating together the colloidal particle , so, as to change that into large size particle which ultimately settle , as precipitate . anathor name of ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
no of geometrical and optical isomers of the compound [co(NH3)2Cl2(en)]+
This is M(AA)a 2 b 2 type compund.I have 3 G.I out of which two are trans which can’t show optical isomerism (O.I) While cis form show O.I hence occur in d & l pair Thus,3G.I & 2 O.I but...
Pranav Dabhade 5 days ago
Give Faraday’s First and second laws of electrolysis?
First Law: It states that “The amount of substance liberated, deposited (or) dissolved at an electrode during the electrolysis of an electrolyte is directly proportional to the quantity of...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ karna Faraday's 1st Law of Electrolysis - "The mass of a substance altered at an electrode during electrolysis is directly proportional to the quantity of electricity transferred at that...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Define molar conductivity.......................................?
Molar conductivity ( Λ m ) : Molar conductivity of a solution at a given concentration is the conductance of the volume (V) of solution containing one mole of electrolyte kept between two...
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
Molar conductivity is defined as the conductivity of an electrolyte solution divided by the molar concentration of the electrolyte, and so measures the efficiency with which a given...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
The reagent most suitable for converting a primary alcohol into an aldehyde
@ anushri a reagent named as pyridium chl;orochromate (PCC ) will carry out this reaction and its the most suitable reagent which can convert primary alcohol into aldehyde . as u have not...
Umakant biswal 22 days ago
Any mild oxidizing agents like pyridinum dichromate or pyridinium chlorochromate can easily convert primary alcohols into aldehyde we use mild oxidizing agent .In case we use strong...
Amay chugh 22 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn