Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Please explain the difference between Electron Gain Enthalpy and Electron affinity.

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear shivanshu,

The standard enthalpy change accompanying the attachment of an electron to an isolated atom (or ion) of the element in the gas phase

The electron gain enthalpy value is negative.

Electron affinity is the negative of electron gain enthalpy and hence electron affinity is a postive value.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum..

6 years ago

If the energy is released when an electron is added to an isolated gaseous atom,then electron affinity is taken positive.other wise is electron enthalpy always positive??

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Molecular orbial is same as hybrid orbital? I mean both are same thing na
Can u plz elaborate it for me. Both the cases orbital are combinining so why r the diiffeten what is basic differebce
Mayank kumar one month ago
@ mayank No , they are not at all same , the hybrid orbitals are formed by hybridisation of various atomic orbital which are close in energy . but molecular orbital are formed due to just...
Umakant biswal one month ago
When the speed of an electron increases, its specific charge
As per the theory of relativity, as the velocity of electron increases its mass also increases. As specific charge is inversely proportional to mass, as mass increases specific charge...
Amogh Dasture 2 months ago
@ mandeep we know that specific charges are e/m e/m is inversely proportional to the velocity of the electron ,, therefore as speed of the electron increases , the specific charges...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
When the spped of an electron increases, its charge /mass ratio or specific charge decreases.................................................
Mudit 2 months ago
Which of the following is not true for PCl 5 (a)Its three P-Cl bond lenghts are equal (b)It involves sp 3 d hybridization. (c)It has regular geometry. (d)Its shape is trigonal bipyramidal....
@ mudit i am sorry , all the four statement are actually correct , so, none of them will be false . in the frst statement it state that – 3 of the bonds are equal – thats true ,. three...
THe answwer given in book is ©.I think it is incorrect but want to make it sure so waiting for more answers.
Mudit one month ago
@ mudit option no a turns out to be the correct answer , as in pcl5 , all the bonds are not equal while 3 of them are equal and the rest 2 p-cl bonds are actually greater than these 3 . and ...
what are the total formulaes of atomic structure in bohr atumicc model
@ harshith your query are not clear , i guess u want to know about the formula related to the bohrs model of atom , if i am correct then below are the explanation and i am enlisting all the ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
mvr=nh/2pi Kq 1 q 2 /r 2 =mv 2 /r Energy of electron=-13.6*Z 2 /n 2 eV Radius=0.529*n 2 /z A Velocity of electron=2.18*10 6 Z/n Rvolutions per sec =v/2r(pi) Time for one revolution=2r(pi)/v ...
Mudit 2 months ago
Give a daily life example for adiabatic system and isolated system.
@ maradana adiabatic system is a system in which no heat will be sent in or out , so, as an real life example u can take the example of thermoflask , of hotpot , in which the stored...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
lithium tetra borate is considered as acidic flux whereas lithium meta berate is considered basic fluxwhat is the criteria for it?
In Lithium metaBorate the no. of hydrogens can be donated is superficcil than in compare to Li tetra Borate. Therfore by definition of acid – base lithium tetra borate is considered as...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn