Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

What is likely to be the principal quantum number for a circular orbit of diameter 20nm of the H atom if we assume Bhor orbit to be the same as that represented by the principal quantam number?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

radius of bohr's orbit is  10 nm 

also, radius of bohr's orbit is given by  0.0529 ×n²/z  nm  as z=1  , therefore  r= 0.0529n²  nm 

equating the above two ,we have  

10 = 0.0529 n²

on solving this u get principal quantumm no = 13 

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Exactly half filled and completely filledsubshellsgive stability to the atoms.then which of the following is the correct order of stability? 1. p3 2. P3 3.d5>p3>d10>p6 4.d5p3
Your options are incomplete though. The stability order should be: d10 then p6 then d5 then p3. this is most suitable combination.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
state kohlrausch law of independent migration of ions? write one of its application ?
This law states that the limiting molar conductivity of an electrolyte can be represented as the sum of the individual contributions of its anion and cation. Applications of Kohlrausch 's...
SAHIL 13 days ago
Molecular orbial is same as hybrid orbital? I mean both are same thing na
Can u plz elaborate it for me. Both the cases orbital are combinining so why r the diiffeten what is basic differebce
Mayank kumar one month ago
@ mayank No , they are not at all same , the hybrid orbitals are formed by hybridisation of various atomic orbital which are close in energy . but molecular orbital are formed due to just...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The molar volumes of ice and water are 0.0196 and 0.0190 litres per mole at 273K. If ΔHefor the transition of ice to water is 1440 calories per mole at 1 atm pressure, find ΔU.
Since heat is absorbed here at constant pressure so ΔH = 1440 calories ΔU can be calculated by using the formula : ΔU=ΔH-PΔV P= 1atm, ΔV = 0.0196L - 0.180L = 0.0016 L PΔV = 1*0.0016=...
navneet 28 days ago
I m started late but still coverd 4 chapter in chemeestry but 5 and 6 (states of mater and thermodinimics) my sa1 is exactly after 11days both of them have 30. Marks withage out of 70 what...
@ mayank i think 11 days are sufficient to complete that two chapters . states of matter will take max 4-5 days and rest 6 days are easy to do with thermodynamics as far as school exam...
Umakant biswal one month ago
How is pressure inversly proprtion to volume in mole concept??
For a fixed amount of an ideal gas kept at a fixed temperature, pressure and volume are inversely proportional. Or Boyle's law is a gas law , stating that the pressure and volume of a gas...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
According to Boyle's law or Pressure-Volume Law which state that the volume of a given amount amount gas held at constant temperature varies inversely with the applied pressure when the...
somprasad 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn