There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

What is ligand?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The neutral molecule or anion and rarely cation which are directly attached to central ion are called as ligand.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

All over nao2 what is among is. What nao2 separate is also found
NaO2 is called sodium superoxide which is obtained by treating Na2O2 that is sodium peroxide with O2 at high pressures. The Reaction goes like this: Na2O2 + O2 ---------> 2 NaO2 . The...
Vikas TU 11 days ago
a photon of 300nm is absorbed by a gas and then re emitts two reemitted photon has a wavelength of 500nm.calculate energy of other photon
@ roohinaya i am giving you the correct approach to solve this question . energy absorbed for photon = hc / lambda (1 ) = hc / 300 * 10 ^ -9 energy reemitted out for phtoton = hc / lambda...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
sir please explain that Why CHCl3is more acidic than CHF3 ?
Hi !Raju , cl 3 c - is less basic than F 3 c - because florine can disperse charge only by an inductive effect while cl(having 3d orbitals) disperses charge by inductive effect as well as...
nath 2 months ago
@ raju chf3 when it will be separate into its ions then it will generate cf3- and h+ and chcl3 when it will dissociate into ions , it will generate ccl3- and h+ . cf3- is not stable by...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What is the decreasing order of +I effect for following: 1. -CH 2 -CH 2 -O - 2.-O - 3. -CH 2 -O -
decreasing order of +I effect for: given compounds would be: 1> 3 > 2 as O- shows highest and maximum +I effect.
Vikas TU one month ago
What is meant by Ductillity, Malleability, Sonorous ?
@ mohammed ductility refers to the capacity of metal to stretch away . that means when u are stretching a rubber band , then u can say its a ductile property of metals . malleability helps...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Ductility is when a solid material stretches under tensile stress. Malleability is a physical property of matter, usually metals. It usually applies to the family groups 1 to 12 on the...
Mohammed Sohail 2 months ago
How is pressure inversly proprtion to volume in mole concept??
For a fixed amount of an ideal gas kept at a fixed temperature, pressure and volume are inversely proportional. Or Boyle's law is a gas law , stating that the pressure and volume of a gas...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
According to Boyle's law or Pressure-Volume Law which state that the volume of a given amount amount gas held at constant temperature varies inversely with the applied pressure when the...
somprasad 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn