how do you compare electron affinities of two ions and also how do find whether the result of a set of reactions is endothermic or exothermic?need a detailed explanation please. . . . . i il be greatful if uu can tell how u guys have cracked iit and how much time do you spare for each subject after college daily. . .

how do you compare electron affinities of two ions and also how do find whether the result of a set of reactions is endothermic or exothermic?need a detailed explanation please. . . . .

i il be greatful if uu can tell how u guys have cracked iit and how much time do you spare for each subject after college daily. . . 

Grade:11

1 Answers

Rahul askIITiansExpert.IITR
110 Points
13 years ago
electron afifnity of two ions should be compared on the basis of the electron accepting capability of the ion. the electron accpeting capability of the ion depends on the no. of protons in the nuclei.

like halogens, they have high electron aifnity because of their almost full shell configurations.

elevtron affinity though purely depends on  the empirircal data i.e we can't by looking at the ion, how m uch would be its electron affitnity. It is calcukated by the experiment rather than calcukation.

once again, there is no set method to find out whethre the equation is esxothemic or otherwise.

It depends on the reaction. but if you come up with a particular question we can help.

well, cracking IIT?

it was not a smooth ride ofcourse. you need to be consistenly consistent. burn the  midnight oil. study hard and understand harder. but you should never over pressurise yourself.

One simple tip I can give you is: be kool and study to enjoy..

Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

DO APPROVE IF THE ANSWER HELPS YOU.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Rahul- IIT Roorkee

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free