There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Please explain the hybridisation of N2O4

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

This is the structure of N2O4 now to first count the no.of sigma bonds and no. of lone pairs in the any atom like in nitrogen in above case it has 3 sigma bonds so its hybridization is SP2 (3= 1*s +2*p)....

if the no of sigma bonds would have been 2 then hybridization would be sp and  the no of sigma bonds would have been 4 then hybridization would be sp3

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

How the S-character increases the electronegativity of an atom ?
Due to the spherical – structure shape of s – orbitals unlike p – orbitals it is more closer to nucleus and hence nuclear charge compare to p orbitals which is more elongaated the elctron...
Vikas TU 11 days ago
When the speed of an electron increases, its specific charge
As per the theory of relativity, as the velocity of electron increases its mass also increases. As specific charge is inversely proportional to mass, as mass increases specific charge...
Amogh Dasture 2 months ago
@ mandeep we know that specific charges are e/m e/m is inversely proportional to the velocity of the electron ,, therefore as speed of the electron increases , the specific charges...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
When the spped of an electron increases, its charge /mass ratio or specific charge decreases.................................................
Mudit 2 months ago
2) What is the relation between ionization potential and effective nuclear charge experienced by an electron in nth orbit?
effective nuclear charge experienced by an electron in nth orbit is the force of attracn. the electron experiences due to protons . And ionization potential is the potetial required to...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The increase in effective nuclear charge results in an increase of ionisation potential or ionisation energy.
Mudit 2 months ago
NOTES IWANT SIR IWANT NOTES CAN YOU HELP me for my icse 10 board examination sir
Hi Go to the below mentioned link for revision notes Thanks
Nishant Vora one month ago
@ abhi KIndly mention the chapter for which u want the notes for icse board . only then we can help u meaningfully . askiitian is their to help everyone , so, u can always check the notes...
Umakant biswal one month ago
first and second ionization energies of magnesium are 5.7 and 15.035eV the amount of energy in kJ needed to convert all the atoms of magnesium into mg+2 ions present in magnesium vapours is
Mg -------> Mg+ + e- I.E1= 5.7 eV. Mg+ --------> Mg2+ + e- I.E.2 = 15.035 eV. For Mg to Mg2+ the eqns. would be Mg -----------> Mg2+ + 2e- adding the I.E1 AND IE2 eqns. We get, the final...
Vikas TU 25 days ago
examples for stereo centres which are not chiral centres
Dear student Stereocentre- If there is no plane of symmetry in the molecule of an organic compound, we say it is having a stereocentre. Chiral Centre/Chiral Carbon Atom - If in a moelcule...
Bhavya one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn