Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

haemoglobin contains 0.25% iron by mass.the molar mass of haemoglobin is 89600.the number of iron atoms present in 1 mole of haemoglobin is?

requires the explaination of the chapter.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Sanskriti,

Your solution is as follows:

0.25 % by mass means:

0.25 gms of iron in 100 gms haemoglobin.

therefore in 89600 gms i.e. 1 mole of haemoglobin contains:  0.25 x 89600 = 896 x 0.25 = 224 gms of fe

But 1mole of Fe i.e. 56 gms comtains 6.023 x 1023 ( Avogadro number. NA) atoms.

therefore 224 gms of Fe will contain:  224 x 6.023 x 1023  = 2.409 x 1024 atoms.

With Regards,

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Choose the correct ionization energy order for the given species: (A) O > S > S - > O - (B) F > F - > Cl - > Cl (C) O > O - >S - > S (D) F > Cl > Cl - > F -
I thinkthe answer ic (c)as Cl has highest IE.Therefore option(B) and (D) are ruled out. Again the IE decreses down the group and hence S should have less IE than O. Also as an electron...
Mudit 2 months ago
How the S-character increases the electronegativity of an atom ?
Due to the spherical – structure shape of s – orbitals unlike p – orbitals it is more closer to nucleus and hence nuclear charge compare to p orbitals which is more elongaated the elctron...
Vikas TU 11 days ago
What is atom!??????And please understand me that what is the Bohr model?????
@ rahul atom is the smallest part of matter which can take part in a chemical reaction , features of bohr model 1- bohr actually redefined the rutherford model , and just add a term known...
Umakant biswal 8 days ago
How to remember all the reactions and the reagents and catalysts simultaneously?
@ vamshi practice is the only thing that can save you in organic chemistry , frst of all when u are reading from ncert , underline all reagents and reactions as well as the catalyst...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Which of the following order is incorrect for given property?
Dear student A option is not visible clearly.Kindly resend.
Bhavya one month ago
“C” since, first conjugate base in Ist compond is stabalised by H-bonding hence it is strongest acid hence given order is incorrect.
Pranav Dabhade one month ago
Current 10 amp passed througj cuso4 for 32min 10 sec.if 896ml oxy liberated at stp calculate efficiency of cell
from faraday’s law, moles x valence factor = i*t/F moles = i*t/F*n = 10*1930/2*96485 = 0.100 approx. Moles given at STP = 0.896/22.4 = 0.04 efficiency = (0.1-0.04)/0.1 * 100 => 60%
Vikas TU 25 days ago
Nmm thanks buddy.a small mistake valency factor n=4.because 2h2o gives o2 + 4h^+ +4eso the moles=.05 nd the answer is 80%
Pulkit Khandelwal 25 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn