I believe in following one ideal book for each subject for the IIT-JEE preparation. I have HC VERMA for physics, GRB-OP. TANDON for chemistry, DAS GUPTA for maths. but, suggest me a book better than DAS GUPTA as it has got only subjective type problems,moreover it is difficult to follow.Also tell me if the other two are ideal.Give me a detailed answer.

I believe in following one ideal book for each subject  for the IIT-JEE preparation.

I have HC VERMA for physics,

GRB-OP. TANDON  for chemistry,

DAS GUPTA for maths.

but, suggest me a book better than  DAS GUPTA as it has got only subjective type problems,moreover

it is difficult to follow.Also tell me if the other two are ideal.Give me a detailed answer.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Rohith Gandhi
24 Points
14 years ago

Dear Jaisson,

Yes, das gupta has only subjective problems, i advice you to take M.L Khanna for maths. It contains all models of problems

For physics, HCV is the best book you can get for IIT JEE, but if time permits it is will be great if you also follow Halliday Resnik, fundamentals of phyics, since it is a kind of book where author concentrates more on theory and you can understand the concepts very clearly.

for chemistry, for inorganic and physical OP tandon is fine, but for organic chemistry i advise you take L.G. Wade Jr which is the best book for organic chemistry, the literature is very student friendly and mechanisms are explained very clearly.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Jaisson !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts
Rohith Gandhi, IIT Kgp

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free