Sir, my AIR is 9331 and 145 in SC category. According to previous year data I may get electrical in IIT Chennai and mechanical in almost all IIT’s except IIT Bombay(closing rank-140). Iam conused whether I can be in par with the general category students. So please let me know which group and branch might help me improve myself if I am not in par with other students

Sir, my AIR is 9331 and 145 in SC category. According to previous year data I may get electrical in IIT Chennai and mechanical in almost all IIT’s except IIT Bombay(closing rank-140). Iam conused whether I can be in par with the general category students. So please let me know which group and branch might help me improve myself if I am not in par with other students

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
Dont worry, its nothing like that but a myth. A opening ranker of the branch may end up with many backlouges in graduation. There ares such evidences too. Work hard even in graduation as u did for JEE preparation. All the best
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Ohkay, you can check it on your own by visiting the official weblink of IIT chennai or ant other IIT ti find out the latest updates of cutoff list as well as the counselling rounds.......well there is another option to check the details pertaining to admission and the like at some other leading institutions of the country....I opine to check out the details of – Vikram Uni, Ujjain,..........Harcourt Butler Technological Inst, Kanpur,...........Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara,..............Banasthali Uni, Banasthali

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free