Sir/madam I passed 12th in2016 from j and k from CBSE and dropped this year.I will be appearing for jeemain2017.now I am living in a different state .I also got my aadhar card made in j and k.can`t I choose my examination centre in my current state?

Sir/madam I passed 12th in2016 from j and k from CBSE and dropped this year.I will be appearing for jeemain2017.now I am living in a different state .I also got my aadhar card made in j and k.can`t I choose my examination centre in my current state?

Grade:12

3 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ somya 
there is a diffrent condition now in j and k , so, cbse said not to cnduct exams in j and k this time , but thats now for medical entrances , for engg entrances , there is no such updates , so, i think govt will not conduct any center in j and k . 
so, if u have aadahar card , then u can choose center at any state , there is no such restriction , 
u also have a choice to fill 2nd and 3rd refrences , and if n your frst reference they will not conduct then , autometically , u will be allotted to your 2nd preference choice . 
HOPE IT CLEARS 
ALL THE BEST 
Somya singh
16 Points
7 years ago
Sir my father got posted to andhra this year.we no more live in j and k.i am confused about the instructions- 8. The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.9. The candidates who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ somya 
ya , i know about that rule and regulation , but u need to issue a native cerificate of andhra pradesh if u want to choose center their . 
if your father transferred to that place , then at least u need to submit the local certificate to jee , 
for more concern , kindly drop a mail to jee mains helpline mentioning the same issue , so, they will do the best for you , 
dnt worry about center , 
IN CASE OF ANY FURTHER DOUBT DO GET BACK TO US . 
ALL THE BEST 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free