sir i hve one doubt. using rank perdictor . i got two ranks one on commomn merit list around 80k and another obc rank around 20k. during admission to nit or iiit which rank is considered?

sir i hve one doubt. using rank perdictor . i got two ranks one on commomn merit list around 80k and another obc rank around 20k. during admission to nit or iiit which rank is considered?

Grade:12

3 Answers

Sourabh Singh IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2104 Points
7 years ago
You must use t=your OBC rank as it will fetch you the best option at any place any time
shailendra
17 Points
7 years ago
u mean to say that if the cutoff of obc is suppose 25k, i can probably get a seat there if my rank is

Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
There are two types of ranks – general as well as categorywise rank, if you wish to be on a safe side then you must use your category rank and if it falls under the merit list or under AIR based category rank then you may get an opportunity to get a seat at leading NITs otherwise you may choose any reputed institution out of these – JNTUH ollege of Engineering, Hyderabad,...............lovely Professional University, Phagwara,.........Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur,...........YMCA University, Faridabad

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free