scored 103 in this years JEE MAINS(GENERAL CAT.).ruined VIT because didn”t knew that you need to click SAVE AND CONTINUE and not just answers.I didn”t apply for manipal or SRM.gave comed k but I dont have much hope of getting core branches in RVCE or MS RAMAIAH..I am expecting 88 to 92% in boards cbse.as for jee mains i think i could have scored 160 if I had been on my full potential this year and ruined it because of pressure.SHOULD I DROP A YEAR AND PREPARE FOR JEE AGAIN?most of the people who i know could improve their scores only by 20-30 marks..IF YES what are the things i should keep in mind so that i dont get frustrated over the year and ruin it again..i do want to get into IIT or atleast NIT

scored 103 in this years JEE MAINS(GENERAL CAT.).ruined VIT because didn”t knew that you need to click SAVE AND CONTINUE and not just answers.I didn”t apply for manipal or SRM.gave comed k but I dont have much hope of getting core branches in RVCE or MS RAMAIAH..I am expecting 88 to 92% in boards cbse.as for jee mains i think i could have scored 160 if I had been on my full potential this year and ruined it because of pressure.SHOULD I DROP A YEAR AND PREPARE FOR JEE AGAIN?most of the people who i know could improve their scores only by 20-30 marks..IF YES what are the things i should keep in mind so that i dont get frustrated over the year and ruin it again..i do want to get into IIT or atleast NIT

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Nishant Vora IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2467 Points
7 years ago
Dear student,

If you are confident enough that next year you will surely qualify jee then only take a drop or else you will end up wasting one year time and money and more importantly your hardwork … that is the most frustrating condition if ever it comes

But dude, IITs are worth taking a risk. Imagine next yr u made it to IIT, nothing is this world would be as goood as that …

So its a gamble that you will play but make sure you play it right
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Trust youself, prepare well and face it..you’ll definitely reach places..if not an IIT/NIIT that does not mean the end of life..you may seek admission at some other renowned universities which commit quality education and better placements, you may try luck at: IIT Guwahati, Kharagpur, kanpur or at Lovely Professional University, Punjab, ….JJTU Rajasthan,...........BITS Pilani etc.....good luck
Pritish Raj
11 Points
7 years ago
Dude If you have Self confidence in you then surely you should.Otherwise take admission into any of the colleges of COMEDK and prepare for next year from there only.This way you would have no fear of losing anything and even in bad circumstances you will not be losing 1 precious year....

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free