2 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
8 years ago
Pls follow....
http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/advanced/preparation-tips.html

Through one example of sucess: IIT-JEE AIR 2 QUALIFIER

My journey through JEE Preparation

First of all it is a misnomer that JEE examination question paper is very tough. Honestly speaking, even I used to feel the same, but as I advanced through my JEE preparation, I started gaining confidence on my ability to crack it. Although I had made up my mind to get into one of the IITs from eighth standard, I began systematic preparation for JEE only once I entered 12th standard. Until about 10th standard, I was merely hoping to make it to any of the IITs, but soon I realized that getting into JEE is not that tough as I had presumed and anyone could make it with thorough studies and hard work. I thus began serious preparation to attain a good rank.

I would describe 11th and 12th standard as one of the most trying times of my life so far, since I was constantly doubting my abilities and making fatal comparisons with that of my friends’. Over the time, this is what made me lose confidence in myself.

MY MOTIVATION

During my JEE preparation, one of my Physics Lecturer shared a story, which filled me with motivation. The professor was narrating an incident from his IIT days, about one of his classmates… The captain of swimming team at the institute was making a team selection and asked all contestants to swim 25 laps. While everyone gave up after 15, there was one student who powered through all 25 laps, with much strength and vigour. This guy with a ‘never give up’ attitude eventually made it to the Silicon Valley and owns a million dollar company.

This short story was a realization that I had never taken anything seriously in life since then and that if I did, I could achieve almost anything. With this thought in mind, I started off with my JEE preparation and resolved to keep trying till I succeeded. I had made up my mind that I wanted to rank amongst top-50 in JEE examination.

[DSC 0950]

MY COACHING/PREPARATION

I had joined Narayana Sri Chaitanya Junior college for my JEE coaching. During my 11th class I was pretty confident about Mathematics but I could not understand key concepts in Physics and Chemistry. I spent some time to understand what was going wrong and realized that my preparation technique was flawed. Thereafter, I began studying Physics & Chemistry, not merely for the sake of clearing some exam, but to enjoy the subject. I now think that every student must follow the same principle.

I followed Arihant series for Mathematics, Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma, Irodov for Physics (problems) Resnick, Halliday, Walker for theory in Physics, NCERT text books, Peter Sykes for Chemistry. Besides, I gave a lot of emphasis on my classroom notes as well as on solving previous year’s question papers. This kept my preparation aligned to JEE examination standard.

To sum up, following ideas really worked for me during my JEE preparation:

Stay confident and don’t underestimate your potential.
Stay motivated. One may score high or low in practice tests, but what is truly important is to keep studying consistently for the final exam.
Remember to focus on the basics, rather than tackling only the complicated problems. JEE tests your fundamental knowledge.
Stay calm at all times and do not spend time worrying about the result.
Seek advice from lecturers and seniors and you may learn from their experience.
Appear for mock tests of different types at regular intervals. This helps make one comfortable for the final examination.
Make your study time effective with full concentration. Number of hours of study is not really important.
Take note of every silly mistake you are prone to commit. Left unattended, they prove fatal for a good rank in the final exam.
Avoid movies, cricket (especially IPL) & other extra-curricular activities during the 11th, 12th standards.
Take good care of your health, sleep well and take a balanced, healthy diet.

A few tips you all might find useful for JEE Preparation:

Strengthen your calculations.
Improve your speed to read, understand and solve problems.
Study every subject every day, instead of studying only one subject the entire day.
In Physics, understanding the question and ability to devise equation out of a given situation plays a key role in arriving at the right answer.
In Physics, one must master: Mechanics, Electrodynamics, Optics, Thermodynamics & Modern Physics.
For maths one needs to practice different varieties of problems.
For conic sections I recommend the students just be thorough with the most basic terms, transformations and do not mug up the complicated properties of the conics.
For calculus exposure to a variety of problems is necessary
In algebra: Complex numbers and Probability prove to be scoring.
Geometrical interpretation of a complex number is essential.
3D geometry, vectors are also to be taken care of.
For organic chemistry, basic concepts and practice of some good quality questions is necessary.
For physical chemistry, clarity in the concepts, a few practice problems are sufficient.
For inorganic I feel J. D. Lee’s Concise Inorganic Chemistry is useful but study what is there in the syllabus.
ng29
1698 Points
8 years ago
books for jee advanced   
CHEMISTRY 
organic   himanshu pandey and sn sanyal
physical  rc mukherjee
inorganic  pradeep objective

MATHS 
objective maths by SK GOYAL 

physics 
anurag mishra