I’ve dropped after 12 th after I was unable to Qualify for 1 st attempt in JEE-Advanced (because of New Pattern I have not cleared the cut-off for JEE-Advanced). Second time I was unable to Crack JEE-Advance but scored enough to clear the cut-off(i.e: appeared for CBSE improvement). Now I want to Heartedly admit into IIT, but I dont have chance(I have heard that I can only appear for IIT-JEE twice and that too in consecutive years). Now its all gone. My dream to research is now almost washed away. (Any help and guidance is Appericiated.) Also I want to know if I can Appear for IIT-JEE like a fresher if I Appear for +2 Exams as a fresh student again ?? Thanks!!!

I’ve dropped after 12th after I was unable to Qualify for 1st attempt in JEE-Advanced (because of New Pattern I have not cleared the cut-off for JEE-Advanced). Second time I was unable to Crack JEE-Advance but scored enough to clear the cut-off(i.e: appeared for CBSE improvement). Now I want to Heartedly admit into IIT, but I dont have chance(I have heard that I can only appear for IIT-JEE twice and that too in consecutive years). Now its all gone. My dream to research is now almost washed away. (Any help and guidance is Appericiated.) Also I want to know if I can Appear for IIT-JEE like a fresher if I Appear for +2 Exams as a fresh student again ?? Thanks!!!

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 232 Points
9 years ago
You cannot appear as fresher as for JEE as you have already appeared twice for JEE.
As far as your dream of doing research in IIT, you can still achieve that dream. For now you can take admission to any other good colleges and pursue your BTech. in a good branch and after its completion you can appear for GATE and get the admission into IITs and live your dream.
Best of Luck for the future.

Thanks & Regards
Aziz Alam
IIT Roorkee
askIITians
HImanshu
35 Points
9 years ago
Thanks AZIZ :)

This is a great suggestion for me Dear...but It’s better to remove doubts at all..haina
So I am on your advice to take admission in some Good College...
Actually the Problem with me was That I just love Physics(Whole of it)..and Maths(Except: Probability) and Chemistry related to Physical aspects and Atomic Level..Organic Chemistry is not made for me...Also I was just average at calculus. This was the Main Reason I was unable to get in Good Institues. I have rather a Practical Technical mind too much...but a little for theory..So I was just able to score 70% in CBSE. And Not too much in MAINS and Almost nothing in ADVANCED. But I want to contribute and also complete my knowledge as bets as i can get in field of AEROSPACE ENGINEERING. Which I cant get in INDIA for UG-Level. SO should I plan to go Institutes like MIT, USA ?? I have some Extra Cirricular activities in Science Fair and Some other Stuff too but not too much. I think of MIT cause they have good-practical approach towards study which is my likely-hood. Theory system as in India is not for My-Type of People..So Kindly Help..Thanxx :)
Rakesh Singh
46 Points
9 years ago
Hey Himanshu,

Getting into MIT or other good foreign university require good SAT score plus a strong academic background. Usually strong background means good scores in school level exams and your contribution to some research work. But you can try out some college in lower ranking in US, if you are particularly interested in Aerospace. It will cost much more than in India there. 

Second option that you can try is do engineering in good college, and post engineering do your Masters in India (through GATE) or in US or other good western university. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free