I passed class 12 th in 2014 cbse, and i attempted jee mains without giving jee Advanced cos i took up any coaching., I got 180 in mains but i left the seat and took a drop for an attempt for IIT. I got Into coaching in 2015 i attempted for Jee Advanced 1 st attempt, but my maths portion diidn`t went well. So can i give Jee Advanced 2016, Along With Jee Mains-2016, or am i eligible for these tho exams. This would be my 2nd attempt for jee Advanced, nd 3 rd for mains. Please help.

I passed class 12th in 2014 cbse, and i attempted jee mains without giving jee Advanced cos i took up any coaching., I got 180 in mains but i left the seat and took a drop for an attempt for IIT.
I got Into coaching in 2015 i attempted for Jee Advanced 1st attempt, but my maths portion diidn`t went well.
So can i give Jee Advanced 2016, Along With Jee Mains-2016, or am i eligible for these tho exams.
This would be my 2nd attempt for jee Advanced,
nd 3rd for mains. 
Please help.

Grade:12th pass

7 Answers

Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
Yes you are eligible to give and this will be ur last chance.

Criterion 3 – Number of attempts.

A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Therefore, JEE (Advanced) 2015 should be either the candidate’s FIRST attempt OR the SECONDconsecutiveattempt.

Criterion 4 – Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination.

The candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in all the subjects in either 2014 or 2015.(this suits ur condition and ur giving the consecutive 2nd attempt)

Candidates who appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2014 and wish to re-appear for the same in 2015 (either for improvement or because they failed in one or more subjects), will have to re-appear in all the subjects in 2015.

Those who appeared for the first time in their Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2013 or earlier are NOT eligible. However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination Board results for the academic year 2012-13 were declared after June 2013 are eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2015.

You can post on my tread if you have further queries.
Naman
17 Points
8 years ago
Thank you so much sir..
Naman
17 Points
8 years ago
Thank you so much sir..
abhinaipadachuru
255 Points
8 years ago
see it from official website.there are some criteria.you are ellgible i think.
There are many universities which provide you excellent placement opportunities.top infrastructure
The universities are
  1. PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
  2. Thapar Inst. of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
  3. Lovely Professional University
  4. Dhirubhai Ambani Inst. of Infocom. Tech, Gandhinaga
Avinash
8 years ago
Plz approve if you are satisfied with the answer.

All the best.
Avinash
8 years ago
Ayushmaan Vardhan
804 Points
8 years ago
Okay go ahead with your attempting the test but I must say I generally get a little displeased with a student dropping year without any rhyme and reason....why don’t you concentrate getting admission in some reputed institution and embark on your career?.....to my mind you must try getting admission at – Dayalbagh Educational institute Agra,........Centurian University, Paralakhemundi,..........Shivaji Uni, Kolhapur,........LPU, Phagwara

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free