I hv got 18667 rnk in jee advanced. Now wht to do next? Should i go for counselling or drop a year? My preferred branch is Computer Science.

I hv got 18667 rnk in jee advanced. Now wht to do next?
Should i go for counselling or drop a year? My preferred branch is Computer Science.

Grade:12

9 Answers

SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
sorry geetesh there is no chance of getting computer science so surely you should drop a year
sorry for the statement
with regards
sahil
Geetesh Gupta
37 Points
7 years ago
So whts the meaning of 36000 students qualifying jee advanced and only 10575 getting selected for iits? Please explain
SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
it means there are only 10,000 seats available in iit which are filled by results of jee advance exam in which 36000 students appear. hope i removed your doubt. now you can get admission in nit only on basis of your jee mains marks
please approve my answer if this helped you
Geetesh Gupta
37 Points
7 years ago
so wht about the students left after rank 10000. Why is there a cut off,then? What it means that 36000 hav cleared cut off if there is no use of cut off
SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
sorry but students more than 10000 will not get any college they can try next year. 36000 have cleared the cutoff means 36000 students have cleared cutoff of jee mains and appear for jee advance exam
Geetesh Gupta
37 Points
7 years ago
sir 2 lakh students qualified jee main. But in the summary of jee advanced results it is given that the cut off for general catergory is
Geetesh Gupta
37 Points
7 years ago
75 and 36000 students are qualified. I am confused what the use of cut off if only 10000 students are to be selected
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ geetesh 
let me to clear your doubt , . 
the total seat in iit are not exactly 10,000 its more than 10,000 . i mean if you include the new iits , that have started the operation from now a days (this year ) , 
so, approx it wioll be around 14,000 . so, they have qualified 36,000 in the reason to attend councelling only , and its not guarentee that if u qualified a exam or cleared the cutoff , then u will get a seat , seat will be depend upon the rank . 
in every competetive exam , they will qualify 4 times students than the seats avaliable to them . 
so, that after councelling , no seat will left vacant . 
and councelling will stop as soon as those 14,000 seat will be filled . 
Next , come to your query , you may drop 1 year as with this rank comp., sci is really difficult , still try your luck in jee advanced councelling . 
otherwise take whatever branch u are getting , . if u hv confidence that u can do better next year then drop otherwise donot go for drop . 
HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT 
ALL THE BEST .. 
raj
383 Points
7 years ago
it means there are only 10,000 seats

available in iit which are filled by results of jee advance exam in which 36000 students appear. hope i removed your doubt.
let me to clear your doubt , . 
the total seat in iit are not exactly 10,000 its more than 10,000 . i mean if you include the new iits , that have started the operation from now a days (this year ) , 
so, approx it wioll be around 14,000 . so, they have qualified 36,000 in the reason to attend councelling only , and its not guarentee that if u qualified a exam or cleared the cutoff , then u will get a seat , seat will be depend upon the rank . 
in every competetive exam , they will qualify 4 times students than the seats avaliable to them . 
so, that after councelling , no seat will left vacant . 
and councelling will stop as soon as those 14,000 seat will be filled . 
Next , come to your query , you may drop 1 year as with this rank comp., sci is really difficult , still try your luck in jee advanced councelling . 
otherwise take whatever branch u are getting , . if u hv confidence that u can do better next year then drop otherwise donot go for drop . 
HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT 
ALL THE BEST .. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free