I have got 48% in Mathematics in WBCHSE. I want to drop this year and reappear next year. Considering the fact that I have done so miserably in Maths; do I fullfill the criteria for a CS degree in IITs ? If not, I won’t drop this year. I am a little bit confused regarding my Mathematics marks.

I have got 48% in Mathematics in WBCHSE. I want to drop this year and reappear next year. Considering the fact that I have done so miserably in Maths; do I fullfill the criteria for a CS degree in IITs ?
If not, I won’t drop this year.
 I am a little bit confused regarding my Mathematics marks. 

Grade:12th pass

4 Answers

Abhinav
askIITians Faculty 387 Points
8 years ago
The criteria for admission to IITs and ISM is that the candidate should satisfy at least one of these two criteria:
  1. He/she is within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in his/her respective Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination.
  2. He/she has secured 75% (for GEN or OBC-NCL) or 70% (SC, ST or PwD) of aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination
Driganka Mandal
10 Points
8 years ago
I got 83.2 percentile. That means I have fulfilled the required criteria.
Ain’t it ? 
Ayushmaan Vardhan
804 Points
8 years ago
keep trying at IIt otherwise you can visit the websites of the following and try seeking admission there, and don’t drop – 
RV College of engg, Bangalore
Lovely professinal University,Phagwara
Bhilai Inst of Tech, Raipur
OP Jindal Uni,Raigarh
sajid
615 Points
8 years ago
if your confident then you can drop
the criteria for iits is
1. he/she should be in top 20 percentile
2.he/she should have secured 75% in board

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?