I have completed my first year in a NIT and have appeared in JEE Mains once again.My college is scheduled to open before the 4 th round of seat allocation. Is it OK to continue 3 rd semester and wait for the fourth round to complete. In such case, what are the implications?. Please advice.

I have completed my first year in a NIT and have appeared in JEE Mains once again.My college is scheduled to open before the 4th round of seat allocation.

Is it OK to continue 3rd semester and wait for the fourth round to complete.

In such case, what are the implications?. Please advice.

Grade:12

4 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ srihari 
Kindly mantion the rank that u have got in jee main , only then it can be compared . 
and kindly check the cutoff of diffrent nit last year (their opening and closing rank ) and from that u will get rough idea about what nit u might get this year , if that nit is much better than the current nit , then wait for the 4th round , otherwise complete with thge 3rd semestar . 
BUT , I WOULD RECOMMENED TO COMPLTE WITH THE 3RD SEMESTAR AS every nit are nearly same except the new one . 
and agaiun u will loose 1 year . 
SO, DECISION IS UPON YOU , AND ALSO CONSULT THE EXAM DEPT OF YOUR NIT , THAT WILL THEN ALLOW YOU OR NOT IF U JOIN AFTER 4TH SEAT ROUND .. 
ALL THE BEST 
MENTION YOUR JEE MAIN RANK AND THE NIT IN WHICH UA RE CURRENTLY STUDYING.. 
S. SRIHARI
31 Points
7 years ago
Thank you sir.

My JEE MAIN AIR is 4200 and currently studying chemical engineering at NIT Trichy (moving into third semester)
S. SRIHARI
31 Points
7 years ago
Please give expert advice for the following three queries.
  1. I am from Tamil Nadu and studying Chemical Engineering in NIT Trichy. If I get IT in IIIT Allahabad, IT in NIT Allahabad, CSE in NIT Nagpur or NIT Jaipur, which is best?
  1. Also, let me know whether I will be able to survive in these north indian institutions considering the language barrior, culture, etc. and do well to be among top 3?
  1. Also, let me know sacrificing one year and chemical engineering (being in top 3) is the best decision i have made?
Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
Dear Student, did you visit the official website of JEE in order to check the merit list or cutoff, so that you may get the counselling schedule and stay updated? If no, then go for it. If you get to be at one of the desired places, well and good or else you may try to compare some other elite class institutions too, like – Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur,......................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,................JJTU, Jhunjhunu

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free