i got civil in iitbombay .now what should be do ? bcoz it is 14 no choice and at 12 no. mech iitb ,at13 EE in iitb .

i got civil in iitbombay .now what should be do ? bcoz it is 14 no choice and at 12 no. mech iitb ,at13 EE in iitb .

Grade:7

8 Answers

Nishant Vora IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2467 Points
8 years ago
Dear student,

You can alter your preferance/choices in the couselling portal if you have not locked/freezed it. If you have freezed or locked than can’t help, that will be fixed.
remember sumiting and freezing/locking choice are NOT the same.

Thanks
Fulan Nagar
23 Points
8 years ago
locked by jee advance
Nishant Vora IIT Patna
8 years ago
That obviously means that you were not getting mech and EE as per your rank and you are getting civil in IIT bombay.
Fulan Nagar
23 Points
8 years ago
what about iitb civil??
Nishant Vora IIT Patna
8 years ago
you are getting iitb civil if you want to confirm that pay the fees and confirm it..that how you confirm your seat. Also before that make sure that there is NO next round of counselling. Also check once again have is your choices freezed or not. If not you can still sit for round 3 if there is any.
Fulan Nagar
23 Points
8 years ago
these three option freezing ,sliding and floating would be choose at reporting center ??
Ayushmaan Vardhan
804 Points
8 years ago
Getting into IIT Bombay is a matter of pride, and civibranch is no less than other streams, doesn’t matter if it got freezed and you have been allotted this one,........otherwise you may have to leave IIt and pursue your degree in some other renowned institution, I suggest these names – GMR Inst of Tech, Rajam,.......Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara,......Bhagalpur College of Engg, Bhagalpur.....     you may visit their official websites and find out relevant details for admission process,.....now make up your mind clearly what you exactly wish to do,....good luck
Rahat S
16 Points
8 years ago
If you want branches at higher prefrence in then 
Select Floating option i.e you will retain current alocated branch and also eligible for 2nd and 3rd round.
you can have idea about first round cutoff for deferent branches and colleges. at below website.
way2mca.com/jeeAdvanced.php
 or 
IIT-B website Allocation summary pdf

All the Best

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free