Hi This is regarding the JOSAA seat allocation I am not able to understand what to do and what not to I want to more to the next round for the allocation So should i just not do anything ? or what Please do tell me what to do if i want to appear in the next round and dont want to take the currently alloted seat to me. The letter by JOSAA states the following - Based on your rank and choices of programs, you have been provisionally allotted a seat in the academic program and Institute shown above. You have to report in person at one of the reporting centers along with the following documents for accepting the seat. The date/time window for seat acceptance is also shown above. In case you do not report in person during the specified time window, seat allocated to you will automatically be forfeited; in addition, you will not be considered for further rounds of seat allocation. 1. Provisional Seat Allocation Letter. 2. Counterfoil of e-Challan issued by the any branch of State Bank of India as proof of payment of seat acceptance fee. 3. Original Admit Card of JEE(Main)/JEE (Adv) 2015. 4. Class X marks sheet or any other similar certificate as proof of your name and date of birth as entered in our database. 5. Class XII (or equivalent) mark sheet. 6. Duly filled Medical Report 7. Undertaking by the Candidate 8. Category certificate (OBC-NCL / SC / ST / DS) [Whichever applicable]. 9. PwD certificate (only for PwD candidates). 10. Passport and OCI/PIO card [for foreign nationals]. 11. DS Certificate [if applicable]. 12. Two passport size photographs. 13. Photo ID. Important Instructions:. 1. At the reporting center, if the documents you submit are found to be forged / not genuine, then the offer of admission will be withdrawn and you will be debarred from further rounds of seat allocation. If you are not able to produce a certificate in support of your category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST or PwD), then your category will be changed as published in the Business Rules. If you are not allocated a seat in the OPEN category, then your seat will be cancelled. In subsequent rounds, you will be allocated a seat in the best possible [in terms of the filled-in choices] choice of academic program that has vacant seats. 2. If you accept the allocated seat with floating option, and if you are offered a seat in a subsequent round, then you will automatically forfeit the seat offered/accepted now. If the seat offered in the subsequent round is in an IIT or ISM, then you MUST REPORT IN PERSON ONCE AGAIN; if you don't, then you will lose the freshly allocated seat also. In other words, you will not have any seat and you will not be considered for seat allocation in any of the Institutes in subsequent round(s). 3. Seat acceptance fee: Rs. 45,000 for GEN and OBC-NCL, Rs. 20,000 for SC, ST and PwD Candidates. Note:- Reporting against the above allotted seat is mandatory, otherwise allotted seat will be cancelled.

Hi
This is regarding the JOSAA seat allocation
I am not able to understand what to do and what not to
I want to more to the next round for the allocation
So should i just not do anything ? or what 
Please do tell me what to do if i want to appear in the next round and dont want to take the currently alloted seat to me.

The letter by JOSAA states the following -

Based on your rank and choices of programs, you have been provisionally allotted a seat in the academic program and Institute shown above. You have to
report in person at one of the reporting centers along with the following documents for accepting the seat. The date/time window for seat acceptance is also
shown above. In case you do not report in person during the specified time window, seat allocated to you will automatically be forfeited; in addition, you will
not be considered for further rounds of seat allocation.
1. Provisional Seat Allocation Letter.
2. Counterfoil of e-Challan issued by the any branch of State Bank of India as proof of payment of seat acceptance fee.
3. Original Admit Card of JEE(Main)/JEE (Adv) 2015.
4. Class X marks sheet or any other similar certificate as proof of your name and date of birth as entered in our database.
5. Class XII (or equivalent) mark sheet.
6. Duly filled Medical Report
7. Undertaking by the Candidate
8. Category certificate (OBC-NCL / SC / ST / DS) [Whichever applicable].
9. PwD certificate (only for PwD candidates).
10. Passport and OCI/PIO card [for foreign nationals].
11. DS Certificate [if applicable].
12. Two passport size photographs.
13. Photo ID.
Important Instructions:.
1. At the reporting center, if the documents you submit are found to be forged / not genuine, then the offer of admission will be withdrawn and you will
be debarred from further rounds of seat allocation. If you are not able to produce a certificate in support of your category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST or
PwD), then your category will be changed as published in the Business Rules. If you are not allocated a seat in the OPEN category, then your seat
will be cancelled. In subsequent rounds, you will be allocated a seat in the best possible [in terms of the filled-in choices] choice of academic
program that has vacant seats.
2. If you accept the allocated seat with floating option, and if you are offered a seat in a subsequent round, then you will automatically forfeit the seat
offered/accepted now. If the seat offered in the subsequent round is in an IIT or ISM, then you MUST REPORT IN PERSON ONCE AGAIN; if you
don't, then you will lose the freshly allocated seat also. In other words, you will not have any seat and you will not be considered for seat allocation
in any of the Institutes in subsequent round(s).
3. Seat acceptance fee: Rs. 45,000 for GEN and OBC-NCL, Rs. 20,000 for SC, ST and PwD Candidates.
Note:- Reporting against the above allotted seat is mandatory, otherwise allotted seat will be cancelled.

Grade:12th pass

7 Answers

Vijay Mukati
askIITians Faculty 2590 Points
8 years ago
You will be having three options'Freeze', 'Float' and 'Slide' . I suggest you to go understand the meaning of these terms from the official website of jee advanced. I am sure that you will get it from there. Thanks.
bawa
33 Points
8 years ago
But where to find the Freeze, Float & Slide option ??
I am not able to get them :/
I dont know why
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
If Once seat is allotted it cannot be changed, that is why you are not able to find the link for Freeze, float or slide options because your seat has been allotted from the back end,..........if you are not pleased/satisfied with this branch then you may go for another option i.e. try seeking admission at some other renowned places like – YMCA uni of sci and tech, Faridabad,............Jabalpur Engg College, Jabalpur,..................Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara,............BITS Pilani
Vijay Mukati
8 years ago
I will suggest you to contact them. Because you can freeze, float and slide according to the couseling procedure. Please find the option, definetely you will get it.
bawa
33 Points
8 years ago
Thank You Vijay sir
It was an error from their side :)
Got it sorted (Y) 
Vijay Mukati
8 years ago
Ok. Very good.
Ayushmaan Vardhan
804 Points