GOT 82 IN JEE MAINS 2015 AND GOT CBSE BOARD PERCENT 89.4.......ALSO I AM FORM SC CATEGORY........... can i get NIT Srinagar in other state quota with cs branch......please tell me

GOT 82 IN JEE MAINS 2015 AND GOT CBSE BOARD PERCENT 89.4.......ALSO I AM FORM SC CATEGORY...........
can i get NIT Srinagar in other state quota with cs branch......please tell me

Grade:12

7 Answers

Avinash
askIITians Faculty 1241 Points
8 years ago
No you have no chance to get in NIT Srinagar
Mohit Kumar
90 Points
8 years ago
on what basis u can say this …........ since according to last year data last rank for computer science in nit srinagar for sc category of other state was 122000........... so if i could get my rank around 115000...... then it’s possible....... but the only doubt is whether i could get that rank or not...... so what u think can i get any where near that rank or acc to u what will be my rank..
Avinash
8 years ago
Plz do the home work proprely. For SC category the expected branch wise cutoff would be around 80,000 to 1,50,000 in counselling fromround 1 to extra spot round.
For your marks the expected rank would be around 2,00,000. But for 2015 expected cutoff may reduce so you have very minute chances.
Mohit Kumar
90 Points
8 years ago
but according to the jee main rank predictor …...... the link u have pasted …..http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/rank-predictor.html
my rank is coming 50000......... which defers from what u said
Avinash
8 years ago
This may be the category rank. Whatever branchwise cutoffs showing on the respective sites it on the basis of AIR no the category rank. So I’m giving u the info on the basis of AIR.
Mohit Kumar
90 Points
8 years ago
you should have done your home work properly before posting this answer..... i got 82 in jee mains ….. and the cut off marks for sc was 50  and the number of students from sc category who have qualified jee mains is 22500.......so there is no chance that i would get category rank as 50000.......... so your predictor is completely false and …. your predictor has given my air as 50000. and also the sc category rank as 3000....... so mat be you are hiding your mistakes.............
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Comeon, stop this verbal fight and a blame game...Mohit why don’t you visit the official website of the NIT where you wish to pursue admission...if it is still available then just go for it...otherwise try your luck at some other renowned places...isn’t it as simple as that...go for a visit on – Heritage Inst of Tech, Kolkata.........Lovely Professional University, Phagwara….Birla Inst of Tech, Patna.........ICFAI Uni, Jharkhand

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free