Good Evening, Sir. I want to buy a reference book for Physics. Actually, I have HC Verma, but theory part is not so well covered there. I am thinking to buy “ Sears Zemansky University Physics ” & “ Fundamentals of Physics ” by Halliday Resnick Walker. I am confused between these two books ? Can you suggest me which to buy and why ? Thank You.

Good Evening, Sir. I want to buy a reference book for Physics. Actually, I have HC Verma, but theory part is not so well covered there. I am thinking to buy “Sears Zemansky University Physics” & “Fundamentals of Physics” by Halliday Resnick Walker.
I am confused between these two books ?
Can you suggest me which to buy and why ?
Thank You.

Grade:Select Grade

1 Answers

Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 232 Points
9 years ago
Out of the two books “Sears Zemansky University Physics” & “Fundamentals of Physics” by Halliday Resnick Walker, you should go for Resnick Halliday because it has better set of questions and quite a few examples which helps you to understand the concept in a much better sense.In no sense it means that Zemansky is bad, its actually a very good book better than HC Verma but Resnick holds a slight advantage.

Thanks & Regards
Aziz Alam
IIT Roorkee
askIITians

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free