Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off
USE CODE: sch25

I want to get admission in IIT in 2012. How should I prepare for the entrance exam in class 11th and 12th?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Fawz,

It is good that you want to strategize and have a planned approach towards preparing for JEE.  I am happy to see so many students so concerned and attentive to look for the best that they can from all the sources available.

You must keep this in mind. It is not always neccessary to join a tution or a coaching that every one is joining.. you must analyse yourself and find out the sooner it is possible that what is the most productive way for you. 

Options being: Nearest Coaching, The best brand coaching or private tutions or online coaching.

The most important thing for you in these two years will be.. Time Management and Concentration..!!! set targets.. for every week.. that what all chapters are you gonna complete studying.. in physics chemistry and maths.. 

In many coaching centres the idea is that they teach 12th cass syllabus in 11th and 11th in 12 or every thing according to them.. this at times spoils everything for some of the students.. I have seen this happening very very commonly..

That is why I am cautioning you.. that you must analyze you every now and then.. ask yoursef questions.. like : If what i am doing right now is right for me..? and Am i able to perform this way..?? If I am not lagging behind..?

The Guru Mantra to crack JEE..!! Never Compromise on basics..!! how so many times do you need to study a particular chapter.. do not let it go till you are sure.. this is not your strongest subject even after giving your best.. And do not just jump on solving questions. Increase the level of questions that you attempt gradually .. 

So keep this in mind.. that what ever you are going to study now is going to be asked in achieving your aim.. and also.. the better your basics are.. the more fun it is to prepare for JEE.

If you are satisfied in such things... you will make a fluent way to all the IITs... just be calm..and follow the  zeal..!!! :) :)

Keep posting here.. all the doubts you have.. questions or career issues.. or anything... We are happy to answer you... And we can relate to what you are feeling right away and what you will be... in the coming 2 years.. We have been through the same.. :) :)

I wish you all the very good luck.. :)

Regards,

AskIItian Expert

Charu Nigam

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

How to become an aerospace engineer by clearing iit??pls suggest

HI AKASH TO BECOME AN AEROSPACE ENGINEER YOU HAVE TO GIVE JEE EXAM . THIS EXAM HAS TWO PAPERS : JEE MAINS AND ADVANCE. YOU HAVE TO CLEAR BOTH THE EXAMS WTH A VERY GOOD RANK. IF YOU PASS...

2016 years ago

@ aakash you need to clear jee main or advanced , to be an aerospace engineer , but donot think of that right now , as aerospace engineer is a demandable branch in top iits , you need to...

19 hours ago
Sir is it possible to add more choices after each round of counseling? If possible then how?

Not possibile.
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

Mind you, if once a seat has been allocated from the backend by Josaa, there can be nochnge of choice at all. Be contended with what has been offered or else try at some other places where...

Soneel Verma one year ago

once you lock your choices ….... it is not possible to change your choices then............................

Mohit Kumar 6 months ago
Which is better for self study... Amit m agarwall or M L khanna???

HI SALONI I THINK YOU CAN PREFER ML KHANNA BOTH FOR JEE EXAM AS WELL AS BOARDS. THEORY CONTENT OF BOOK IS WRITTN IN A VERY EASY LANGUAGE WHICH MAKES IT ESIER FOR THE READER. MOREOVER THE...

SAHIL 8 days ago

@ SALONI iF U ARE talking about jee main level , then amit m agarwal is good , but if u want to score a good rank in advanced , then better take ml khanna , as it explains each and every...

Umakant biswal 9 days ago
please mention few best foundation books in phsics,chemistry,maths to prepare iit-jee at the level of 9th and 10th standard?

NCERT Syllabus: Initially you should simply concentrate on basic NCERT syllabus of class 11th and 12th. NCERT books are very good for basic concept building. You can easily finish the...

Ramesh V 6 years ago
I want some preparation tips for 11 cbse exams and also some good books names that can be studied for preparation

@ deepak 11th is the main class if u want to clear up the concept for the competetive exams , i could say , do less focus on the school exam and turn your attention more towards the...

Umakant biswal 12 days ago

Dear Student, you need to divide hours for preparation of diffferent subjects. You need to draft a schedule that you have to follow religiously. Consider NCERT books as base for preparation ...

Aneesh Sehgal 12 days ago

please visit http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/preparation-tips/ http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/important-books.html all these tips and books are suggested by top iitians of...

SAHIL 12 days ago
Sir,how many times am I allowed to sit for aipmt exams?I`ve already given it two times and I`m below 25 years of age,general category.

ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats (i) He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st...
  img
Raheema Javed 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off
USE CODE: sch25

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off