Use Coupon: CART40 and get 40% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

I have just completed my high school from ICSE board and I want to get education in the field of astronomy. What should I do?

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

In Astronomy, there are many options available at the Master's level (M.Sc.) and at the Ph.D. level through undergraduate studies in Astronomy are not available in any University in India. One can join the one - year Joint Astronomy Program Conducted at Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bangalore. (Karnataka).

This Astronomy Program is conducted jointly by IISc., Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore (Karnataka), Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai (Maharashtra).

Candidates are offered the opportunity to complete their Ph.D. at one of the participating institutes after the completion of this Astronomy Course.

TIFR, Mumbai and Inter - University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune are some places, which offer a research career in GTR and Cosmology.

Students are inducted into Ph.D. Programs under a two - year Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and are later offered a Senior Research Fellowship (SRF).

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

i want help and guidance on how to study for jee mains 2016 as i am a dropper this year and do not want to join coaching classes . need assistance to know how to get about 200 marks in jee...
Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 4 months ago
Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, download concerned topic papers and practice them, define a proper time for practice, join some reputed...
Soneel Verma 4 months ago
Hi, the main ingredient for success is discipline. It requires discipline to study systematically and sincerely. There are a variety of brilliant reference books you can use. Math – McGraw...
Kalyani Jayachandran Menon 4 months ago
i m getting aerospace in iit bombay in mock seat allotment today .it would be better .i m so confused bcoz i m getting mnc at iit kanpur ,iitg ...iitg,bhu mechnical , nhu electronics.. ism...
What interests you the most?.....I guess no one can answer this question better than you, right?....and secondly you have mentioned all the reputed institutions in your query, about BHU...
i would suggest to opt for that branch which you like. you'll surely be successful. best of luck and all colleges are good.
vindhya 4 months ago
thnx :)
Fulan Nagar 4 months ago
Dear Student, You can refer Dr. Gorakh Prasad and S. L. Loney for Coordinate Geometry. These are good books. Also please visit our website for complete list of books to be refered. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 4 months ago
SL LONEY (arihant) the elements of coordinate geometry. RD SHARMA also
RAJEEV R 4 months ago
if we were not alloted any seat in first round counsiling then can we apply for second round if possible what is the procedure
Yes you can apply for second round of counselling, it would be released after first round when college is alloted to the students, then CSAB call the data from the colleges and prepare a...
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
Just visit the official website of JEEmain and find a link there and show your interest to be a part of subsequent round......if you succeed to be there, nothing like that, else surf out...
I am a west bengal board student,I am very confused about the sylabus of my upcoming kvpy (SA) exam …..I further request you to give me some suggestion and preparation tips about the exam...
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana can be sought after by visiting on or and for the sake of locating good institutions, i may suggest to visit the official ...
RELAX BRO, I myself is twice kvpy scholar, Just work hard on organic chemistry and biology(ALSO COMES)
shubham khanna 4 months ago
My jee mains rank is 6150. Its very sure that i’ll get computers in Punjab Engineering College(PEC). Also my JEE advance rank is 5254. I am getting mining engineering in IIT kharagpur. What ...
IIT Kgp. Older IITs are far better then any other institutes in India. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 4 months ago
Both are good at their places, it is a bit difficult to compare and contrast such titanic institutions, its purely up to you whether you wish to join PEC or KGP, on the other hand you may...
IIT Kharagpur is a good option but if you are getting a better branch at any other zonal IIT then you should take that if not then you should study in your homestate at PEC, Kalpana chawla...
Akshit Matthew 4 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details