ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

I have just completed my high school from ICSE board and I want to get education in the field of astronomy. What should I do?

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

In Astronomy, there are many options available at the Master's level (M.Sc.) and at the Ph.D. level through undergraduate studies in Astronomy are not available in any University in India. One can join the one - year Joint Astronomy Program Conducted at Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bangalore. (Karnataka).

This Astronomy Program is conducted jointly by IISc., Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore (Karnataka), Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai (Maharashtra).

Candidates are offered the opportunity to complete their Ph.D. at one of the participating institutes after the completion of this Astronomy Course.

TIFR, Mumbai and Inter - University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune are some places, which offer a research career in GTR and Cosmology.

Students are inducted into Ph.D. Programs under a two - year Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and are later offered a Senior Research Fellowship (SRF).

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
how much are the minimum marks needed for getting into some decent iit

Dear Student, You need 250-300 for a good branch in new IITS and >300 for old IITs and branch depends on rank. Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

Dear Student, You need 250-300 for a good branch in new IITS and >300 for old IITs and branch depends on rank. Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

Atleast 55% of the total marks, only then you can be in good IITs with a good branch.
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago
Is JEE 2016 going to be subjective, like where you have to write descriptive answers, as it used to be in the past?

Hi.. I do not think that 2016 jee will be a subjective one as no decision has been made,. Moreover taking such a big decision will require time and also time for student so certainly it will...
  img
Sakshi 12 days ago

No I do not think that JEE 2016 will be a subjective one as no decision has been made till date.
  img
Vijay Mukti 12 days ago

i think subjective paper will be more good . ….. by this quality of selection become better … and only persons could went to iit those have perfect conceptual as well as application...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 12 days ago
A block is resting on a horizontal plate in the xy plane and the coefficient of friction between block and plate is μ. The plate begins to move with velocity v = bt 2 in x -direction. At...

Hi yash! as the plate begins to move frictional force acts on the block along the direction of velocity to prevent relative motion. when the force exceed the maximum static friction the...

PRATYUSH MISHRA 7 months ago

as the plate begins to move frictional force acts on the block along the direction of velocity to prevent relative motion. when the force exceed the maximum static friction the block will...

sajid 8 days ago

no not yet yash I am a student of class 11

PRATYUSH MISHRA 7 months ago
My rank is 10798..Is there any chance to get into any IIT college??

Hi First of all , many congratulations to you for getting the rank that you have. You have a chance of getting the newer IITs. Please follow the councelling process intelligently.
  img
Sunil Kumar 12 days ago

Hi Unfortunately no. ISM Dhanbad closes at 7200 itself. In fact , the chance that you may get the newer IIT’s is also quite narrow. But the chance in other institutes , are good. ....
  img
Sunil Kumar 12 days ago

thank you sir...Will i get any branch in ISM Dhanbad??

ayushi 12 days ago
Sir, I wants to know about B.TECH (Civil) and B.TECH(CSE) from AMITY NOIDA UNIVERSITY, which is the best and is there any ranking or valuation of this? i expect 75% marks in my 12 th and...

look stream selection cant be judged as it totally depends on ur interest in which u will comfortable , so i advice u to dont take this decission under pressure as u had to study 4 years...

ng29 one month ago

IITJEE rank is not very encouraging, but on the basis of board exam there are chances to get admission, Amity is a good pick, but you can compare other universities’ features as well, like- ...

Soneel Verma one month ago

Go for LPU or PEC

Soneel Verma one month ago
sir please tell what is the net resistance between points P and Q.

1/net resistance = 1/R+1/R = 2/R net resistannce =R/2 i you hae any doubt ask in answer box.

Archita 3 days ago

if the wires are grounded then check the potential and complete the circuit

Prajwal Kavad 2 days ago

its r/2 i would suggest you to read ncert ,and dont be tensed i

Prajwal Kavad 2 days ago
View all Questions »