Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

I have just completed my high school from ICSE board and I want to get education in the field of astronomy. What should I do?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

In Astronomy, there are many options available at the Master's level (M.Sc.) and at the Ph.D. level through undergraduate studies in Astronomy are not available in any University in India. One can join the one - year Joint Astronomy Program Conducted at Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bangalore. (Karnataka).

This Astronomy Program is conducted jointly by IISc., Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore (Karnataka), Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai (Maharashtra).

Candidates are offered the opportunity to complete their Ph.D. at one of the participating institutes after the completion of this Astronomy Course.

TIFR, Mumbai and Inter - University Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune are some places, which offer a research career in GTR and Cosmology.

Students are inducted into Ph.D. Programs under a two - year Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and are later offered a Senior Research Fellowship (SRF).

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Hello sir, I am Aditi Saini who is currently residing in Indonesia and am an NRI. I am interested in doing IIT as I am planning to do further studies here in India. Currently I am in grade...

Its a very good attempt for JEE or SAT.. Qualification for both the exams are class 12 th PCM English, If you gain good concepts over the subject, goal would be easier to you.. So you do not...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 10 months ago

Qualification for both the exams are class passing12th and Board of education doesnt effect much
  img
Avinash 10 months ago

Calculators are not allowed in the IIT exam :(

Neeti 10 months ago
which one is easy to crack in first go......... jee main or advanced

jee main is easy to crack in first go.because it is easy if you do smart work and hard...

raj 2 months ago

J . E . E MAINS is easy to crack in one go.you can even crack JEE adv. in one go but its very rare to do so.NN

RIYAZSHAIK 3 months ago

J . E . E MAINS is easy to crack in one go. you can even crack JEE adv. in one go but its very rare to do so.

anemous 3 months ago
DEAR ASKIITIANS STAFF, I AM IN 12TH STANDARD SO I HAVE TO WRITE IITJEE MAINS PLEASE SUGGUEST ME HOW TO PREPARE FROM NOW?

from now onwards concentrate on your core subjects i.e matha,physics,chmistry take coaching from askiitians tutors and join in askiitians crash course for IIT-JEE Mains exam ...prepare for...

KALYAN 5 months ago

firstly you have to full fill the intermediate. why because jee main exam is based upon intermediate concepts. if full fill the intermediate you have to some other books if you learn the...

raj kumar 4 months ago

firstly you have to full fill the intermediate. why because jee main exam is based upon intermediate concepts. if full fill the intermediate you have to some other books if you learn the...

RAMCHANDRARAO 5 months ago
how should we prepare for iit-jee exam,schedule.

You should join any good institute who will make you ready for the exam. Also make the proper plan and daily schedule. Devote you maximum time in its preparation. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago

Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, download concerned topic papers and practice them, define a proper time for practice, join some reputed...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago
Which books are must have for IIT_JEE entrance???? I have H C Verma and arihant classic texts series!!

hi chinmay both these books are enough for iitjee preperations but you have to do ncert books as well. best of luck for iit preperations. need any help or have any question post it in the...

SAHIL 15 days ago

Yes, these books are quite good, you may also seek help from NCERT books too, download sample papers and previous years test papers for practice and also by joining some coaching center you ...

Aneesh Sehgal 12 days ago

no need as when you take coaching of iit, your automatic preperations of boards will be there. you can also buy askiitians online coaching material as it will boost your iitjee preperations ...

SAHIL 14 days ago
I have got 80 in jee main (gen) and 90% in CBSE having domicile of uttarakhand. Will I get any seat in B.Tech ( computer science) Govind Ballabh Pantnagar University Uttarakhand ?

JEE mains ranks are out, you can check the rank from josaa .nic.in and first round counseling is on right now, if you are on the track plz mention the rank for the check.
  img
Avinash 10 months ago

Your score is quite good and I guess that you may make it at GBPU, Uttrakhand,......but why to play guess games when the jee result is already out, you may better visit the official website ...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago

my rank is 66254 what could i get now

asd 10 months ago
For iit in class11 maths which is good rd sharma or ml khanna please suggest only one book that can prepare me for iit if ypu have any other book in mind please tell

rd sharma is the best book for iit jee preparations. so i think u can choose this bookbest of luck for futurethanx and approve

SAHIL one month ago
Sir my obc rank is around 36000 and general rank is 121356 and I have passed 12 from Chandigarh with82.8%. Can I get a seat In nit Delhi. ​

With this score i can’t commit you anything like getting a seat at NIT Delhi, you better visit the official weblink of Jeemains and get to know your status there....if you are able to make...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago

Brother I think that you want CSE or IT then I suggest you to try any other NIT like Jalandhar it is in your homestate and Srinagar,Jaipur there are chances that you may get one of these in ...

Akshit Matthew 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off