ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

a bullet flying hirizontally can pierce 9 blocks of same thickness losing 75% of its total kinetic energy. the additonal number of blocks required to just arrest the bullet is:

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Ram Sai Charan,

Ans:- Let the initial velocity is U the final velocity is V Then from the given relation we have V²=0.75U²

or V=√3/2U

Let the retardation for each block is =f

then V²=U² - 2f(9x)

where x=thickness of each plate

So U²/4=18fx

Let the total no of block required to stop it from it's initial velocity is n

Then U²=2fnx

or   72fx=2fnx

or   n=36

Hence the excess no of plates required=36-9=27(ans) 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Ram Sai Charan !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts
Soumyajit Das IIT Kharagpur

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A block is resting on a horizontal plate in the xy plane and the coefficient of friction between block and plate is μ. The plate begins to move with velocity v = bt 2 in x -direction. At...

Hi yash! as the plate begins to move frictional force acts on the block along the direction of velocity to prevent relative motion. when the force exceed the maximum static friction the...

PRATYUSH MISHRA 7 months ago

as the plate begins to move frictional force acts on the block along the direction of velocity to prevent relative motion. when the force exceed the maximum static friction the block will...

sajid 9 days ago

no not yet yash I am a student of class 11

PRATYUSH MISHRA 7 months ago
What is 7+7÷7+7×7-7 ?

the answer is 0

d.kojalrani 3 months ago

vikas yadav 3 months ago

by bodmas,which means Divison,multiplication,addition,subtraction fallow the sequience. In future if you are willing to take admission in top universities with your desired degree then try...

abhinaipadachuru 4 days ago
Are the following books sufficient to get a rank below 1000 in IIT-JEE 2016 ? Mathematics Trigonometry : S.L. Loney Coordinate Geometry : S.L. Loney Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and 3D...

friend , your book selection in physics is good. ok in chemistry. but according to me , you need some books in math. i also have s n lonely and r d sharma,but i have purchased arihant...

Abhishek Pachauri 7 months ago

yes friend u should definitely take a look at arihant series .. specially the theory of the arihant books are simple and easy to understand and the content revolves around jee

Puneet Rai 4 months ago

These are good but. MAthematics- G. TIWANI, Chemistry- RC MUKHERJEE, MORRISION BOYD, JD LEE. Physics- RESNICK HALLIDAY, BM SHARMA SERIES ARE BEST

sachin sinha 6 months ago
sir i am a obc candidate and secured 72 in mains 2015 and 79.6% in cbse i belong to delhi is there any chance of getting mechanical,automobile or civil in nit delhi,dtu,nsit

as these branches are highly in demand that to for nit delhi you have very minimum chancesin getting the respective branches.and your marks are in and around cut off region so dant loose...
  img
Avinash 20 days ago

As I told you, you are on the jst boarder range and it affectsyour rankhugely. Even the 1 lakh cutoff is for the final counselling schedule.You need to be patient till final counselling.
  img
Avinash 15 days ago

sir what about dtu as i have seen that the cutoffs are around 100000 so can i achieve that

Shivam 20 days ago
May i join IIT JEE Online Coaching Program for Problem solving classes.

hi amit, yes , u may definitely join online coaching for jee & the best option for u will be askiitians.The facullty here is highly experienced,which are realy gonna work on ur basics...

askiitian expert akshay singh 5 years ago
What is OSI Reference Model ??

The Open System Interconnection reference model was created by the International Organizaiton for Standardization (ISO) to provide a model that network vendors could follow when developing...
  img
Deepak Patra 6 years ago
View all Questions »