ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

a bullet flying hirizontally can pierce 9 blocks of same thickness losing 75% of its total kinetic energy. the additonal number of blocks required to just arrest the bullet is:

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Ram Sai Charan,

Ans:- Let the initial velocity is U the final velocity is V Then from the given relation we have V²=0.75U²

or V=√3/2U

Let the retardation for each block is =f

then V²=U² - 2f(9x)

where x=thickness of each plate

So U²/4=18fx

Let the total no of block required to stop it from it's initial velocity is n

Then U²=2fnx

or   72fx=2fnx

or   n=36

Hence the excess no of plates required=36-9=27(ans) 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Ram Sai Charan !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts
Soumyajit Das IIT Kharagpur

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If you dropped your phone in pure water, will it still short-circuit?

Hey, dont mind but where the hell u get these qstns.? its blowjob yeah! nyc going! great!

vikas yadav 2 months ago

So my answer is----------> The trick here is "pure water" which is an insulator as good as most. So assuming you phone does not have chemicals on it that will dissolve in the water causing...

vikas yadav 2 months ago
sir, Can you please tell me how to apply for tensors 2014,

Hello Student, Go to the website tensor.in and follow the instructions. We at askiitians also have a full fledge testseries providibg you a set of full styllabus test for both jee mains and...
  img
Nishant Vora 8 months ago

Visit our website to buy all india test-series provided by askiitians:- http://www.askiitians.com/packages/PackageDetail.aspx?packageID=17 Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 8 months ago

sir how can i attend the full test series of ask iitians

AJAY PILLAI K 8 months ago
Is H.C.Verma enough for IIT-JEE?

Not so, for good books, it is also mentioned on askiitians home page.
  img
Saurabh Kumar 5 days ago

no because it is having more subjrctive questions

Gman Namg 5 days ago

no prefer cengage

akshat 5 days ago
a car moves towards north at a speed of 54km/h for 1h.then iy moves eastward with same speed for same duration.the average speed and velocity of car for complete journey is ? how to find...

Hi , The total distance covered = 54 + 54 = 108 Km The final displacement = 54 2 Km Average speed = Distance / time = 108 / 2 = 54 Km/h Average velocity = Dispalcement / time = 54 2 /2 = 27...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 6 months ago
hey i m greatttt fan of leonardo's art work ..can somebody tell the details of his famous The Last Supper Painting ???? Plz Give the list of his other famous work. thanx!!l

"The Last Supper" one of leonardo famous painting was commissioned by the Duke of Milan who wanted to make his town grander. Leonardo Da Vinci experimented with this painting by...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago

THE LAST SUPPER

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
i am a student who just wrote class 10 exam and want to join an institution which can help me to achieve my goal (my goal is iit) which institution should i join (i live in hyderabad)

if u can go to kota than i will advice u to choose RESONANCE INSTITUTE . it is best for iit as they will deefinitely give u a right guideline and also they follow a proper schedule faculty...

ng29 20 days ago

try to get admission in Sri Chaitanya or Narayana CO campus(Madhapur) .FIITJEE (Habsiguda and Dilsukhnagar), IITRamayya coaching class ,Delta academy for IITJEE. Hurry up since classes for...

Praneeth 20 days ago

can u tell me that which famous institutes are in hyderabad

ng29 20 days ago
View all Questions »