Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

Hi let me know about IIT JEE 2010 Counseling details

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

1. Counselling

Some institutes may offer new courses not listed in the appendix of the official website. Information regarding these courses will be available at the time of counselling.

The seats in various courses of the institutes (IITs, IT-BHU and ISM Dhanbad) are allotted strictly on the basis of the AIR, category rank, and the choices of each qualified student submitted either On-line or Off-line at the time of counselling.

The details of the counselling and admission procedure will be published in the JEE websites and in the Counselling Brochure.

The results of JEE are also being used by other institutions for admissions to their courses / programmes. The names of these institutions will be published in the JEE website at a later date. Therefore JEE provides performance data for these institutions. Candidates should contact these institutions directly for admission.

2. Physical Fitness

Candidates who qualify in JEE-2010 will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed format that will be made available at an appropriate time. Candidates will be admitted only if they are physically fit for pursuing a course of study at the participating institutes.

3. Requirements for Mining courses

Those who opt for Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery courses should make sure that they do not have any form of colour blindness. They will be required to submit a certificate from a registered medical practitioner to this effect at the time of counselling/admission. The standards of visual acuity with or without glasses will be adhered to strictly for candidates seeking admission to Mining Engineering as per DGMS Circular 14 of 1972. Persons with one-eyed vision are not permitted to work underground. Candidates with the above limitations are not allowed to opt for admission to Mining Engineering or Mining Machinery Engineering.

4. Female candidates for Mining courses

female candidates are not admitted to Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering at ISM, Dhanbad, whereas the corresponding programmes at IIT Kharagpur and IT-BHU, Varanasi, have no such restriction.

5. Aptitude test for B. Arch. and B. Des.

Candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. (Architecture) and B. Des. (Design) courses will be required to qualify in an aptitude test to be conducted at each counselling institute on June 10, 2010.

The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration from 09.00 AM to 12.00 noon. Candidates have to qualify in the Aptitude Test to become eligible for admission to either B. Arch. or B. Des. courses. Question papers for aptitude test for B. Arch. and B. Des. will be in English only.

--

regards

Ramesh

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
What is the scope of mineral engg in ISM dhanbad? Should I let it go and wait for next round?

There is a very good scope for it, make sure whether it’s been allotted to you, if yes, then i don’t think you may be able to make another choice in the subsequent counselling...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 14 days ago

scope is good in evrything if you are intrested , else wait for other rounds

Prajwal Kavad 16 days ago
Sir, my AIR is 9331 and 145 in SC category. According to previous year data I may get electrical in IIT Chennai and mechanical in almost all IIT’s except IIT Bombay(closing rank-140). Iam...

Dont worry, its nothing like that but a myth. A opening ranker of the branch may end up with many backlouges in graduation. There ares such evidences too. Work hard even in graduation as u...
  img
Avinash 27 days ago

Ohkay, you can check it on your own by visiting the official weblink of IIT chennai or ant other IIT ti find out the latest updates of cutoff list as well as the counselling...

Soneel Verma 26 days ago
which is a better option? IIT G CSE OR BITS PILANI CSE

BITS Pilani stands atop among the both but you may check in details at other institutions too in order to go for a comparative analysis, consider visiting the official weblinks of these – R ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 21 days ago

coz it is better than iit G bt if u want the tag iit then only prefer iit G

navneet 21 days ago

both are good bt pilani is more better

navneet 22 days ago
can kvpy exam is applicable for long term students?

Eligibility is for 11 th , 12 th and undergraduate students
  img
Avinash 4 days ago

No, its for SA, SXA, and SB
  img
Saurabh Kumar 4 days ago
my sister is doing BBA under kuk university.it was final yr.tell me what she must do after this.she want to join FMS college for mba.what is the procedue to take admission,abt exam level.is ...

After BBA she has many options : the best is she can for a job You can go with CAT for entry into 8 IIMS , XLRI etc. like management exams which offer 2 year PGDM courses. A part from this...

Ramesh V 5 years ago
my jee main score is 116.. 83% in boards …...which college can i get …. category sc..?? thanks in advance

may be u get any nit back stream in spot round i will advice u just take whatever u streamu offered as nit is reputated college than provate ones APROVE IF USEFUL

ng29 one month ago

you should try at some of the reputed institutions of our countrty which offer engg. study programs – JNTUH College of Engg,Karimnagar Lovely Professional University, Phagwara Gyan Ganga...

grenade one month ago

Your score in JEE as well Board is quite good, I suggest to visit the renowned and esteemed colleges/universities where you can pursue youe engg degree. like - Manav Rachna College of Engg, ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago
View all Questions »