Hi let me know about IIT JEE 2010 Counseling details

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

1. Counselling

Some institutes may offer new courses not listed in the appendix of the official website. Information regarding these courses will be available at the time of counselling.

The seats in various courses of the institutes (IITs, IT-BHU and ISM Dhanbad) are allotted strictly on the basis of the AIR, category rank, and the choices of each qualified student submitted either On-line or Off-line at the time of counselling.

The details of the counselling and admission procedure will be published in the JEE websites and in the Counselling Brochure.

The results of JEE are also being used by other institutions for admissions to their courses / programmes. The names of these institutions will be published in the JEE website at a later date. Therefore JEE provides performance data for these institutions. Candidates should contact these institutions directly for admission.

2. Physical Fitness

Candidates who qualify in JEE-2010 will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed format that will be made available at an appropriate time. Candidates will be admitted only if they are physically fit for pursuing a course of study at the participating institutes.

3. Requirements for Mining courses

Those who opt for Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery courses should make sure that they do not have any form of colour blindness. They will be required to submit a certificate from a registered medical practitioner to this effect at the time of counselling/admission. The standards of visual acuity with or without glasses will be adhered to strictly for candidates seeking admission to Mining Engineering as per DGMS Circular 14 of 1972. Persons with one-eyed vision are not permitted to work underground. Candidates with the above limitations are not allowed to opt for admission to Mining Engineering or Mining Machinery Engineering.

4. Female candidates for Mining courses

female candidates are not admitted to Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering at ISM, Dhanbad, whereas the corresponding programmes at IIT Kharagpur and IT-BHU, Varanasi, have no such restriction.

5. Aptitude test for B. Arch. and B. Des.

Candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. (Architecture) and B. Des. (Design) courses will be required to qualify in an aptitude test to be conducted at each counselling institute on June 10, 2010.

The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration from 09.00 AM to 12.00 noon. Candidates have to qualify in the Aptitude Test to become eligible for admission to either B. Arch. or B. Des. courses. Question papers for aptitude test for B. Arch. and B. Des. will be in English only.

--

regards

Ramesh

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
6x-13x+6

I think you want to ask solution for 6x-13x+6=0 which is equal to 7x=6 x=6/7 sher mohammad faculty askiitians b.tech, iit delhi
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
gtaph of [sinx] where [ ] greatest integer

graph of sin[x] Hello Student, x in [0,pi/2] [sinx]=0 x=pi/2 [sinx]=1 x in [pi/2,pi] [sinx]=0 x in [pi,2pi) [sinx]=-1 x=2pi [sinx]=0 Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi...
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
sir, how much change in closing ranks {for core branches in newer iit and chemical/civil in bhu} can i expect in the third round???

The change in closing rank for IITs is around 200-300 on the either side.IT changes and there is no fixed pattern to it.If you are expecting a branch in third round then your rank should be...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
respeected sir, i wanted to know my opprtunities for admission.i have got 303 in BITSAT-2014 and in the first iteration i am placed in the waiting list.sir i have even applied for chemical...

I think with 303 u can get a better branch than chemical at BITS go for cse or e&tc at goa or pilani hyderabad shud be ur last preference

needhelp 2 months ago

Dont just wait for BITS result....fill other forms as well

needhelp 2 months ago
what are the most scoring topics in jee mains 2015

Complex numbers, Quadratic Equations, Trigonometry,Integral calculas, Limit & continuity, Differentiability,Coordinate geometry, Series are important topicxs in maths....
  img
Rinkoo Gupta 3 months ago
How to securing a website with client SSL certificate

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): How It Works Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology protects your Web site and makes it easy for your Web site visitors to trust you in three essential ways: 1. An...

Amit Saxena 5 years ago

Reason to Implement SSL in Website.. If you have sensitive data on your site, or the site is intended for a limited audience, you may want to implement user certificate authorization, which...

Ravi Sharma 5 years ago

Here are some guidelines for the ticket problem description: Provide your site address (URL and path) Is the server Apache or IIS? If the server is not SSL-enabled, can the server admin set...

Himanshu Vijay 5 years ago
View all Questions »