There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 50% OFF on Online Material.
Use coupon code: MOB50 | View Course list

Hi let me know about IIT JEE 2010 Counseling details

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

1. Counselling

Some institutes may offer new courses not listed in the appendix of the official website. Information regarding these courses will be available at the time of counselling.

The seats in various courses of the institutes (IITs, IT-BHU and ISM Dhanbad) are allotted strictly on the basis of the AIR, category rank, and the choices of each qualified student submitted either On-line or Off-line at the time of counselling.

The details of the counselling and admission procedure will be published in the JEE websites and in the Counselling Brochure.

The results of JEE are also being used by other institutions for admissions to their courses / programmes. The names of these institutions will be published in the JEE website at a later date. Therefore JEE provides performance data for these institutions. Candidates should contact these institutions directly for admission.

2. Physical Fitness

Candidates who qualify in JEE-2010 will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed format that will be made available at an appropriate time. Candidates will be admitted only if they are physically fit for pursuing a course of study at the participating institutes.

3. Requirements for Mining courses

Those who opt for Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery courses should make sure that they do not have any form of colour blindness. They will be required to submit a certificate from a registered medical practitioner to this effect at the time of counselling/admission. The standards of visual acuity with or without glasses will be adhered to strictly for candidates seeking admission to Mining Engineering as per DGMS Circular 14 of 1972. Persons with one-eyed vision are not permitted to work underground. Candidates with the above limitations are not allowed to opt for admission to Mining Engineering or Mining Machinery Engineering.

4. Female candidates for Mining courses

female candidates are not admitted to Mining Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering at ISM, Dhanbad, whereas the corresponding programmes at IIT Kharagpur and IT-BHU, Varanasi, have no such restriction.

5. Aptitude test for B. Arch. and B. Des.

Candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. (Architecture) and B. Des. (Design) courses will be required to qualify in an aptitude test to be conducted at each counselling institute on June 10, 2010.

The test will consist of one paper of three hours duration from 09.00 AM to 12.00 noon. Candidates have to qualify in the Aptitude Test to become eligible for admission to either B. Arch. or B. Des. courses. Question papers for aptitude test for B. Arch. and B. Des. will be in English only.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Hey guys i want to know how to study for IIT-JEE (main&advanced) and which books should i refer?
First of all Join any good institute for its preparation.Make the proper shedule and planning for your course. Make the target plan for weekly/monthly. Try to solve the questions from the...
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
for Physics – H C Verma, Arihant publ, IE Irodov For Maths – S L Loney, HAll & Knight, Arihant Calculus, Tata Mcgrawhills For Chemistry – OP Tondon, Solomon for Organic, OP Tondon, P....
Soneel Verma 2 months ago
got 15321 rank in jee advance passed aat exam after that can i get b arch in iit
Yes there are pretty good chances for you to get a seat, still you must visit the official weblink of Jeemains to check the current status there and let me tell you that there are some...
Soneel Verma 3 months ago
Youn need to clear AAT and your score does not seem to be much promising, still pay a visit to the official weblinks of IIT Roorkee/ Kharagpur and find out where do you stand and then...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 months ago
Thanku for your answer but i specifically wanted to know about the barch courses at iit rorkee and khargpur
Yash Arora 3 months ago
hello, iam kavya studying in 11 th now.i want take engineering entrance for my further studies. so i wanted to know that jee main and jee advance are two separate exams what..or else i...
I really appreciate that you are quite a consious student and aware to get a clear future prospects in your upcoming years, ok my suggestion for you is –Stay focused on your studies and...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 3 months ago
Both have some differences in the syllabus like mains have some topics which are not covered in advanced and advanced also have some topics which aren't included in mains …...topics of...
Riddhi Gupta 19 days ago
jee main is exam for admission in nits and iiits and is easy exam but jee advance is diificult exam and for admission in iits , to give jee advance u have to qualify jee main first , its ur ...
ng29 3 months ago
should i give it after completing 11 or after completing 12?
Dear Student, It is requested to reply on the same thread if you have already asked the question and is related to it. And if you are writing a new question then please write it completely....
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
you can give it while in class 11 or class 12 you can even write it after u complete class 12 ans is persuing some basic course in science
Archita one month ago
i have got rank of 677 in preparatory course st . NOW WOULD I GO TO IIT OR CHOOSE ANY BEST CLG IN EAMCET
Your rank is not good for the preparatory course. I will suggest you to take any best college whichever you are getting.
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
IF you are getting a good course from top college through Eamcet then go for it otherwise choose prep
Avinash 2 months ago
Sir, will cutoffs(closing ranks) after second round ? if it changes then by how much ranks it may change?
You should better visit the official weblink of Josaa and get to know what is the current scenario over there and get to know the status there,...................if you feel contented, then ...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 months ago
in mp counselling my rank is 1900 what can i get in 2 nd counselling
aditya lahariya 2 months ago
Yes it changes and with a difference of 2000-2500 only.
Akshit Matthew 2 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details