sir, I am OBC NCL candidate of jee 2010,

if due to some reasons , I failed to take original certificate at the time of coun, did they will give me admission in gen,or they will cancel my admission

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

This is clearly mention in the prospectus that you will have to show all the original at the time of counselling.

If You will not able to produce OBC certificate, they will not consider you in General catagory. To make a rank list is not a daily process in IIT the is controlled by one of the IIT. At the time of counselling they are just varifing about you had mention in your form , that's it. So there is not any chance to transfer to general catagory.

In parallel of this, IIT system is very flexible also. They can give the time of 1 to 2 month only marksheet for those 12th student because may be possible some Board will not ready to produce marksheets. But not in case Caste certificate.

Main thing is that no of student will be behind you who want to get your seat. So in your case this is not possible to transfer in general rank.

So be careful in this matter.

With regards
Pramod Kumar
IITR- Alumni
4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
hi, iam pragdheesh of class XII. iam willing to write the jee exam for the year 2015. there are two exams (B. E./B. Tech) and (B.E.Arch/B.E.Planning). is it fine to write, how is the course...

B.Arch is usually taken by students with a deep interest in Engineering drawing and related fields like automobile designing, architecture, etc. and is preferred by a lower number of...
  img
Ravi 16 days ago

That is totally upto you. If you are comfortable with the online paper, you can go for the online test also. If not, then only choice left is offline test. There is not much of a difference...
  img
Ravi 15 days ago

how about the next quwstion – Which option to be opted for writting the exam online/offline. Give your suggesstions.?

pragdheesh 16 days ago
sir, Can you please tell me how to apply for tensors 2014,

Hello Student, Go to the website tensor.in and follow the instructions. We at askiitians also have a full fledge testseries providibg you a set of full styllabus test for both jee mains and...
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

Visit our website to buy all india test-series provided by askiitians:- http://www.askiitians.com/packages/PackageDetail.aspx?packageID=17 Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

sir how can i attend the full test series of ask iitians

AJAY PILLAI K 2 months ago
I am working hard but not scoring well in my coaching tests as well as school test due to silly mistakes. What shoild I do?

You should be able to identify the different problems in every subjects. Try to find out the pattern in the mistakes you do. If you are able to identify this then you can definately...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
Howto increase concentration on studies?

Try these... 1.. Find an appropriate study environment. Generally, it is a good idea to eliminate distractions as much as possible while studying.Find a quiet area, such as a private room....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 21 days ago

Hi, Find an appropriate study environment.Generally, it is a good idea to eliminate distractions as much as possible while studying.Find a quiet area, such as a private room. Turn off any...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 21 days ago
Sir, I am getting 218 in jee advance’14. Should I go for BS Economics IIT Kanpur or Engg Physics/Energy System Engg IIT BOMBAY? Should i give preference to IIT Bombay?

Your predicted JEE Advanced 2014 Rank is between 1101 and 1200 Why dont you take any other branch like Chemical, Civil .. Yes, you should give pref. to IIT Bombay. Engg. physics is a good...
  img
bharat bajaj 5 months ago

PLEASE CHOOSE THE BRANCH THAT YOU LOVE BY LOOKING AT WHAT EACH BRANCH WILL ALLOW YOU TO DO. PLACEMENTS ARE USELESS. THEY ARE TEMPORARY. IF YOU REALLY WANT GOOD CAREER GROWTH TAKE THE DEPT OF...

Vineet Vinayak 5 months ago

IIT Delhi Production>IIT Roorkee ECE>IIT Delhi Chemical>IIT Kharagpur Mechanical

AKSHAT BHANDARI 5 months ago
what is the meaning of java is platform independent language? what is it significance?

Java solves the problem of platform-independence by using byte code. The Java compiler does not produce native executable code for a particular machine like a C compiler would. Instead it...

Shane Macguire 5 years ago
View all Questions »