sir, I am OBC NCL candidate of jee 2010,

if due to some reasons , I failed to take original certificate at the time of coun, did they will give me admission in gen,or they will cancel my admission

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

This is clearly mention in the prospectus that you will have to show all the original at the time of counselling.

If You will not able to produce OBC certificate, they will not consider you in General catagory. To make a rank list is not a daily process in IIT the is controlled by one of the IIT. At the time of counselling they are just varifing about you had mention in your form , that's it. So there is not any chance to transfer to general catagory.

In parallel of this, IIT system is very flexible also. They can give the time of 1 to 2 month only marksheet for those 12th student because may be possible some Board will not ready to produce marksheets. But not in case Caste certificate.

Main thing is that no of student will be behind you who want to get your seat. So in your case this is not possible to transfer in general rank.

So be careful in this matter.

With regards
Pramod Kumar
IITR- Alumni
4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
i am getting chemical at iit roorkee or engineering design at iit madras..wich one is a beeter option..and on the other hand i have an awsome mains rank of air 1997..wich gets me cse in top...

Going, by the options you have, Chemical IIT Roorkee, Engineering design and CSE at top NITs, you should actually go for CS at top NITs. That is the best options out of the 3 options you...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
sir, how much change in closing ranks {for core branches in newer iit and chemical/civil in bhu} can i expect in the third round???

The change in closing rank for IITs is around 200-300 on the either side.IT changes and there is no fixed pattern to it.If you are expecting a branch in third round then your rank should be...
  img
Aziz Alam 28 days ago
i got 416 haryana homestate obc category rank and does not get any branch in nit kurukshetra in 1 round.Will i get any branch in 2 round in nit kurukshetra.I got 1600 rank in state haryana.

You can have a look at previous year data regarding NIT Kurushetra http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/counselling/nit-kurushetra.html Thanks & Regards Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
I am a KVPY scholar I got a seat in IIT-BHU (Ceramic) which I won’t take, Now I have decide between IISC Bangalore or any good NIT’s please suggest me

First of all, Conguratulatiuons on your success. Coming to your question, both the institutes are very different. IISC mainly focus on the rersearch, it is a mainly research institutes where...
  img
Yash Baheti one month ago
sir which college and branch can i get with following details overalll category (GEN) all india 14158 11027 State(raj) 1544 1121 and can i get mechenical ,ece,cs at mnit can i get any...

Hi, The chances for Jaipur or Allahadbad are very bright. Apart from these there is a possibility as well of getting a brach in the other colleges you mentioned. For a better prediction,...
  img
Yash Baheti one month ago
My General Category Rank is 14821 and AIR is 19301. For admission to General Category seats in NITs, will they consider my overall AIR rank or General Category Rank?

It is General Category rank which is considered for admission into general category seats in National Institute of technologies(NITs). So your General category rank is considered.
  img
Ramreddy one month ago
View all Questions »