sir, I am OBC NCL candidate of jee 2010,

if due to some reasons , I failed to take original certificate at the time of coun, did they will give me admission in gen,or they will cancel my admission

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

This is clearly mention in the prospectus that you will have to show all the original at the time of counselling.

If You will not able to produce OBC certificate, they will not consider you in General catagory. To make a rank list is not a daily process in IIT the is controlled by one of the IIT. At the time of counselling they are just varifing about you had mention in your form , that's it. So there is not any chance to transfer to general catagory.

In parallel of this, IIT system is very flexible also. They can give the time of 1 to 2 month only marksheet for those 12th student because may be possible some Board will not ready to produce marksheets. But not in case Caste certificate.

Main thing is that no of student will be behind you who want to get your seat. So in your case this is not possible to transfer in general rank.

So be careful in this matter.

With regards
Pramod Kumar
IITR- Alumni
4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
for jee mains counselling AIR category is considered or not?

AIR category rank will be considered for seat allotment inJEE MAINS. Since there are fixed number of seats for each category, while alloting the seats for each categoty their category rank...
  img
Ramreddy 3 months ago
Civil@IIT Madras vs Civil@IIT Kharagpur

Hello student, Civil at IIT madras will be a better choice. Thanks and Regards Shaik Aasif askIITians faculty
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 4 months ago

if you love civil from the bottom of your heart, any IIT should be fine. look at how far it is from home, in case you get homesick. all the best

Vineet Vinayak 4 months ago
please reply honestly my options are: 1. dce, nsit, iiit delhi -comp sci 2. iit-h EE 3. iit-bhu ME 4. iit Kgp-- MnC 5. iit- Gandhinagar -- EE 6. dce, nsit, iiit delhi- ECE 7. iit roorkee-...

Hello student, IIT hyderabad EE and IIT bhu me are good options to choose Thanks and Regards Shaik Aasif askIITians faculty
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 4 months ago

first choose a branch that you like. if you cant choose any particular branch, then follow this order: cs>electrical/electronics>mech>>civ>chem>meta>other branches. preferably stay away from...

Vineet Vinayak 4 months ago
View all Questions »