Sir, My son has passed 12th Class with 83% (5 subjects) from CBSE Board in the year 2012. Under General category, the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE Board in the year 2012 is 77.8%. Would he be eligible for JEE advance 2013 straight away or the cut-off of 20 percentile may vary for JEE 2013 for the student passing board in 2012. e.g the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE in the year 2013 comes out to be 84%, while my son got 83% in 2012 and covered under 20 percentile as per CBSE 2012 cut-off. Will he be eligible for JEE 2013 or not ? Pl clarify at the earliest. regards Ajay Kumar,9810968986(M)..//

Sir,

My son has passed 12th Class with 83% (5 subjects)  from CBSE Board in the year 2012.  Under General category, the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE Board in the year 2012  is 77.8%. 

Would he be eligible for JEE advance 2013 straight away or the cut-off of  20 percentile may vary for JEE 2013 for the student passing board in 2012.

e.g the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE in the year 2013 comes out to be 84%,  while my son got 83% in 2012 and covered under 20 percentile as per CBSE 2012 cut-off. Will he be eligible for JEE 2013 or not ?

Pl clarify at the earliest.

regards

Ajay Kumar,9810968986(M)..//

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

TANAYRAJ SINGH CHOUHAN
65 Points
11 years ago

Sir, the 20 percentile format has been cancelled until next years IIT JEE exam as many state boards and IITs refused to follow it.

the latest format of IIT JEE is:

In pursuance of MHRD’s directions and subsequent decision of the JEE Apex Board on JEE(Main) and (Advanced) held on 25.08.2012, the JEE (Main) Examination, 2013 (hitherto known asAIEEE - Paper I) for admissions to B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIswill be held during April, 2013.The JEE (Main) (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) for B.E./B.Tech will be held in two modes, vizoffline and online (CBT). The offline examination for JEE (Main) will be held on 7th April, 2013 andthe online examinations will be held thereafter in April, 2013.The examination (Paper II of earlier AIEEE) for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses atNITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held on 7th April, 2013 in offline mode only.The merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be prepared bygiving 40% weightage (suitably normalised) to class XII (or equivalent examination) or other qualifyingexamination marks and 60% to the performance in JEE (Main) Examination.The JEE (Main)-2013 (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) will have one objective type question paper.The paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The duration of the paper will be 3(Three) Hours. The Paper II for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhiand other CFTIs will have one Question Paper consisting of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and DrawingTest as per past practice of AIEEE. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. Detailedbulletin is being prepared and will be published shortly.Only 1,50,000 of the top rankers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE,OBC (NCL), SC and ST) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2013 (hitherto known as IIT-JEE)for admission to IITs, IIT BHU and ISM Dhanbad. Notice in this regard has been issued by the IITsystem separately.AIEEE conducted earlier by the CBSE would now be known as JEE (Main). For any clarificationregarding JEE (Main) 2013 , kindly mail your query to jeemain2013@gmail.com

This is the latest press release by CBSE dated 7th Sept. 2012

Ajay Kumar c
14 Points
11 years ago

thanks for the reply but still seeking clarification regarding 20 percentile criteria i.e. whether the student who was in the top 20 percentile in the year 2012 (i.e. above 77.8% in CBSE 2012) is eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or his eligibility would depend upon the equivalent %age of top 20 percentile of the year 2013.

e.g. if a student got 83% marks under CBSE in 2012 in class XII and doesnt apply for improvement and the minimum(equivalent) percentage of top 20 percentile in year 2013 relating to CBSE comes out to be 84%. Will he/she be eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or not as he is short of 1% from the 2013 top 20 percentile.However as per year 2012 CBSE result , he/she was in top 20 percentile of that year.

kindly clarify .

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free