DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Sir,

My son has passed 12th Class with 83% (5 subjects)  from CBSE Board in the year 2012.  Under General category, the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE Board in the year 2012  is 77.8%. 

Would he be eligible for JEE advance 2013 straight away or the cut-off of  20 percentile may vary for JEE 2013 for the student passing board in 2012.

e.g the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE in the year 2013 comes out to be 84%,  while my son got 83% in 2012 and covered under 20 percentile as per CBSE 2012 cut-off. Will he be eligible for JEE 2013 or not ?

Pl clarify at the earliest.

regards

Ajay Kumar,9810968986(M)..//

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

Sir, the 20 percentile format has been cancelled until next years IIT JEE exam as many state boards and IITs refused to follow it.

the latest format of IIT JEE is:

In pursuance of MHRD’s directions and subsequent decision of the JEE Apex Board on JEE(Main) and (Advanced) held on 25.08.2012, the JEE (Main) Examination, 2013 (hitherto known asAIEEE - Paper I) for admissions to B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIswill be held during April, 2013.The JEE (Main) (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) for B.E./B.Tech will be held in two modes, vizoffline and online (CBT). The offline examination for JEE (Main) will be held on 7th April, 2013 andthe online examinations will be held thereafter in April, 2013.The examination (Paper II of earlier AIEEE) for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses atNITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held on 7th April, 2013 in offline mode only.The merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be prepared bygiving 40% weightage (suitably normalised) to class XII (or equivalent examination) or other qualifyingexamination marks and 60% to the performance in JEE (Main) Examination.The JEE (Main)-2013 (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) will have one objective type question paper.The paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The duration of the paper will be 3(Three) Hours. The Paper II for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhiand other CFTIs will have one Question Paper consisting of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and DrawingTest as per past practice of AIEEE. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. Detailedbulletin is being prepared and will be published shortly.Only 1,50,000 of the top rankers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE,OBC (NCL), SC and ST) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2013 (hitherto known as IIT-JEE)for admission to IITs, IIT BHU and ISM Dhanbad. Notice in this regard has been issued by the IITsystem separately.AIEEE conducted earlier by the CBSE would now be known as JEE (Main). For any clarificationregarding JEE (Main) 2013 , kindly mail your query to jeemain2013@gmail.com

This is the latest press release by CBSE dated 7th Sept. 2012

2 years ago

thanks for the reply but still seeking clarification regarding 20 percentile criteria i.e. whether the student who was in the top 20 percentile in the year 2012 (i.e. above 77.8% in CBSE 2012) is eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or his eligibility would depend upon the equivalent %age of top 20 percentile of the year 2013.

e.g. if a student got 83% marks under CBSE in 2012 in class XII and doesnt apply for improvement and the minimum(equivalent) percentage of top 20 percentile in year 2013 relating to CBSE comes out to be 84%. Will he/she be eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or not as he is short of 1% from the 2013 top 20 percentile.However as per year 2012 CBSE result , he/she was in top 20 percentile of that year.

kindly clarify .

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I cleared mains but could not clear advanced this year. Next year can i directly take advanced or should i again write mains?

Dear Student, You will have to reappear for the JEE mains as well. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 3 days ago

You can’t take advanced, you’ll have to take mains first and keep some tips in mind –Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to...

Ayushmaan Vardhan yesterday
Hi , My rank in the OBC NCL list is 15380 , what are the courses that I can get in NIT trichy or any other NITs ? Thank you

I will suggest you to visit the official website of JEE main to look for the opening and closing rank for previous year of different rounds. All the statistic is available there. Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukti 5 days ago

To get a complete view and a detailed information regarding your stature you need to visit the official weblink of JEE Mains and you may be able to find out the exact stature of yours,...

Soneel Verma 4 days ago
What is 7+7÷7+7×7-7 ?

the answer is 0

d.kojalrani 3 months ago

vikas yadav 3 months ago

by bodmas,which means Divison,multiplication,addition,subtraction fallow the sequience. In future if you are willing to take admission in top universities with your desired degree then try...

abhinaipadachuru 10 days ago
Jee Advance 2015 Opening and closing Rank List I got here way2mca.com/jee2015.php

How can you get the opening and closing rank of jee advanced 2015. Still the procedure of conselling is not compeletd yet. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 12 hours ago

Ok then Its fine.
  img
Vijay Mukti 12 hours ago

This is Opening and closing rank based on fisrt round only you can view it at jeeadv.iitb.ac.in/summary-seat-allocation-round-1 in the pdf file

Mohammad Azaz 12 hours ago
nishant vora sir, i got 83 marks in jee mains. i expect 85-90% in cbse boards. Although i got rank in viteee good enough to get my desired branch (civil engineering) in vellore...

Dear student, If your plan is higher studies, i suggest you take a drop. If you want to get MS or Mtech in any college, you need a very good profile in your btech. Also if you can make it to...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

Dear student, Pls tell me what is your long term goal in life? your interests? Also tell me how much you think will you improve if you take a year drop? Based on this I would love to answer...
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

Why don’t you vivit the official websites of these mentioned institutions and after that gather the requisite information and cleaar all of your doubts. If you wish me to recommend you...

Soneel Verma one month ago
How is Electrical Power and Automation Branch of IIT Delhi. what is the scope of this branch. Alternatively, i may get Mechanical and Maths and computing in IIT Kanpur or CSE in Guwhati or...

Prefer CSE. Electrical P. and Automation at IIT D is also a good option. Depending upon your interset choose between IIT D and IIT K. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 5 days ago

Scope of EEPA is also good. but as the average salary offered to an CSE engg. is comparatively higher. Rest all depends upon your interest.
  img
Vijay Mukti 5 days ago

Sir, you have given all the options. if I prefer CSE then Guwahati or BHU are the options. But if I choose between IIT Delhi and Kanpur and EEPA or Mech/ MNC are the options. so which one...

Pradeep Mangal 5 days ago
View all Questions »