DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Sir,

My son has passed 12th Class with 83% (5 subjects)  from CBSE Board in the year 2012.  Under General category, the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE Board in the year 2012  is 77.8%. 

Would he be eligible for JEE advance 2013 straight away or the cut-off of  20 percentile may vary for JEE 2013 for the student passing board in 2012.

e.g the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE in the year 2013 comes out to be 84%,  while my son got 83% in 2012 and covered under 20 percentile as per CBSE 2012 cut-off. Will he be eligible for JEE 2013 or not ?

Pl clarify at the earliest.

regards

Ajay Kumar,9810968986(M)..//

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

Sir, the 20 percentile format has been cancelled until next years IIT JEE exam as many state boards and IITs refused to follow it.

the latest format of IIT JEE is:

In pursuance of MHRD’s directions and subsequent decision of the JEE Apex Board on JEE(Main) and (Advanced) held on 25.08.2012, the JEE (Main) Examination, 2013 (hitherto known asAIEEE - Paper I) for admissions to B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIswill be held during April, 2013.The JEE (Main) (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) for B.E./B.Tech will be held in two modes, vizoffline and online (CBT). The offline examination for JEE (Main) will be held on 7th April, 2013 andthe online examinations will be held thereafter in April, 2013.The examination (Paper II of earlier AIEEE) for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses atNITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held on 7th April, 2013 in offline mode only.The merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be prepared bygiving 40% weightage (suitably normalised) to class XII (or equivalent examination) or other qualifyingexamination marks and 60% to the performance in JEE (Main) Examination.The JEE (Main)-2013 (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) will have one objective type question paper.The paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The duration of the paper will be 3(Three) Hours. The Paper II for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhiand other CFTIs will have one Question Paper consisting of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and DrawingTest as per past practice of AIEEE. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. Detailedbulletin is being prepared and will be published shortly.Only 1,50,000 of the top rankers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE,OBC (NCL), SC and ST) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2013 (hitherto known as IIT-JEE)for admission to IITs, IIT BHU and ISM Dhanbad. Notice in this regard has been issued by the IITsystem separately.AIEEE conducted earlier by the CBSE would now be known as JEE (Main). For any clarificationregarding JEE (Main) 2013 , kindly mail your query to jeemain2013@gmail.com

This is the latest press release by CBSE dated 7th Sept. 2012

2 years ago

thanks for the reply but still seeking clarification regarding 20 percentile criteria i.e. whether the student who was in the top 20 percentile in the year 2012 (i.e. above 77.8% in CBSE 2012) is eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or his eligibility would depend upon the equivalent %age of top 20 percentile of the year 2013.

e.g. if a student got 83% marks under CBSE in 2012 in class XII and doesnt apply for improvement and the minimum(equivalent) percentage of top 20 percentile in year 2013 relating to CBSE comes out to be 84%. Will he/she be eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or not as he is short of 1% from the 2013 top 20 percentile.However as per year 2012 CBSE result , he/she was in top 20 percentile of that year.

kindly clarify .

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Explain

is 10 matks required for iit jee exams or jee mains?

Year of passing of class 12 th makes the difference not 10 th . You have two chances, the year you appear for 12 th and year later....
  img
Aziz Alam 5 months ago

img
Aziz Alam 5 months ago

sir i have appered for my 10 in 2013 but fue to some reasons i discontinued this year and now im gona write my iit exam in 2016 will it make any difference

vignesh 5 months ago
Why do British people say "maths" and Regular people say "math"?

Actually, almost everyone (in the English-speaking world) except the Americans and some Canadians, say "maths". To be honest with you, I have rarely seen Regular people. Most people I meet...

vikas yadav 6 days ago

It is really a Interesting Question that why do British People say "Maths" and Regular People say "Math". SO behalf of my thinking it is the Way of different different Countries to say Words...

vikas yadav 6 days ago
Find the locus of the mid point of the chord of a circle x 2 + y 2 = 4 such that the segment intercepted by the chord on the curve x 2 - 2x – 2y =0 subtends a right angle at the origin.

ohh , really?? have you even tried to draw the figure urself ??? all the segments intercepted on this curve inside the circle subtend an obtuse angle

abhidon3 4 months ago

well its a correct question

Vikrant Prasad 4 months ago

hey man ,, why you guyz post such a question which are either wong or incompete ,, it wastes too much time ,,,

abhidon3 4 months ago
can i know what are the most important topics in chemistry for iit jee

Organic is very very Important. The complete organic. Other than that, P block, Equilibrium, Electrochemistry , atomic structure are also important. Approve if i helped ;)

Mujahid Ahmed one year ago

it would have been better i u told that u are in 11th or 12th every topic is important and as the pattern of iitjee keeps changing u should not leave anything

chandan jha one year ago
Hi everyone, We are a startup working on an online portal and moblie solution for students preparing for JEE. Please fill the following survey form so we can get more insights about the...

please don’t post such things here we can take legal action against you , this forum is for students not for your advertisemnt......................................
  img
Sher Mohammad 8 months ago
I am studying class 12 in cbse stream (2014-2015) . I want to know about exam pattern , its mode of preparation, and weightage Is it 2 months enough for the preparation?

Please mention which exam you are aiming at ? Then only I can give you details And also mention your basic level preparation/whatever you have studied till now.
  img
Harsh Patodia 18 days ago
View all Questions »