Sir,

My son has passed 12th Class with 83% (5 subjects)  from CBSE Board in the year 2012.  Under General category, the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE Board in the year 2012  is 77.8%. 

Would he be eligible for JEE advance 2013 straight away or the cut-off of  20 percentile may vary for JEE 2013 for the student passing board in 2012.

e.g the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE in the year 2013 comes out to be 84%,  while my son got 83% in 2012 and covered under 20 percentile as per CBSE 2012 cut-off. Will he be eligible for JEE 2013 or not ?

Pl clarify at the earliest.

regards

Ajay Kumar,9810968986(M)..//

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

Sir, the 20 percentile format has been cancelled until next years IIT JEE exam as many state boards and IITs refused to follow it.

the latest format of IIT JEE is:

In pursuance of MHRD’s directions and subsequent decision of the JEE Apex Board on JEE(Main) and (Advanced) held on 25.08.2012, the JEE (Main) Examination, 2013 (hitherto known asAIEEE - Paper I) for admissions to B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIswill be held during April, 2013.The JEE (Main) (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) for B.E./B.Tech will be held in two modes, vizoffline and online (CBT). The offline examination for JEE (Main) will be held on 7th April, 2013 andthe online examinations will be held thereafter in April, 2013.The examination (Paper II of earlier AIEEE) for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses atNITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held on 7th April, 2013 in offline mode only.The merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be prepared bygiving 40% weightage (suitably normalised) to class XII (or equivalent examination) or other qualifyingexamination marks and 60% to the performance in JEE (Main) Examination.The JEE (Main)-2013 (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) will have one objective type question paper.The paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The duration of the paper will be 3(Three) Hours. The Paper II for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhiand other CFTIs will have one Question Paper consisting of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and DrawingTest as per past practice of AIEEE. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. Detailedbulletin is being prepared and will be published shortly.Only 1,50,000 of the top rankers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE,OBC (NCL), SC and ST) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2013 (hitherto known as IIT-JEE)for admission to IITs, IIT BHU and ISM Dhanbad. Notice in this regard has been issued by the IITsystem separately.AIEEE conducted earlier by the CBSE would now be known as JEE (Main). For any clarificationregarding JEE (Main) 2013 , kindly mail your query to jeemain2013@gmail.com

This is the latest press release by CBSE dated 7th Sept. 2012

2 years ago

thanks for the reply but still seeking clarification regarding 20 percentile criteria i.e. whether the student who was in the top 20 percentile in the year 2012 (i.e. above 77.8% in CBSE 2012) is eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or his eligibility would depend upon the equivalent %age of top 20 percentile of the year 2013.

e.g. if a student got 83% marks under CBSE in 2012 in class XII and doesnt apply for improvement and the minimum(equivalent) percentage of top 20 percentile in year 2013 relating to CBSE comes out to be 84%. Will he/she be eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or not as he is short of 1% from the 2013 top 20 percentile.However as per year 2012 CBSE result , he/she was in top 20 percentile of that year.

kindly clarify .

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
(I dont want a copy past answer please) How can i prepare for iit well .Its been 2 years me preparing for iit .Next year i have my iit jee exam .Can you give some imporatant conclusion on...

Hi, Make a good study plan Do revision reguarly and attempt as many papers as you can to test yourself. On the exam day, be cool. Don’t eat heavy, you would sleep in exam otherwise. Be...
  img
Shobhit Varshney one month ago

work passionately.... study by heart... nobody will ever teach u again the same topics in life... bst of luck

dhananjai tomar one month ago
Hello sir i have scored 81%in A.P.board exams how many marks should i get in jeemains2015?

To have a good rank in JEE-Main, you should have atleast >280 marks. Actually there is a criteria of 60 % of Jee Main along with 40% of +2. So, do hard and find out the previous years JEE...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

Correponding to your marks in A.P. Board. JEE Main Rank:-23000-28000 (JEE Main Score -200) JEE Main Rank-42000-52000 (JEE Main Score-150) These are the few distributions. If you want to the...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
Review about annanya ganguly physical chemistry and op tondon for same.which is better.

OP Tandon is better. Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam Chemistry Ø NCERT Chemistry text books of class XI and class XII (usually sufficient) Ø Organic Chemistry by...
  img
Amit Shekhar 3 months ago
Sir, How can I prepare for kypy 2014 exam? I belong sx group. what is the syllabus. thank you

Hi, In order to prepare for KVPY you need a proper guidnace for KVPY as well as the level of the study must meet the KVPY requirements. U can join askiitians, where our dedicated iitian...
  img
Yash Baheti 5 months ago
My ranking is 3755 in iit jee general category Should I think of taking admission in any branch( like textile at delhi)in old iit in hope of changing branch later Or computer science at...

If you can try to change your brach then go for iit delhi otherwise go for cse.
  img
Sher Mohammad 5 months ago

Computer Science will give you better job oppurtunities. But if you want delhi exposure and want to prefer for cat , etc go for iit delhi. Always prefer branch over college and not college...

KOOL 5 months ago
Presently CSAB 2014 is showing opening and closing ranks after round 1 for colleges and it is written they are AIR but which AIR overall or category?

Presently in the CSAB 2014 site opening and closing ranks are showing, But these closing and opening ranks are AIR overall but not category. In the first round seat allotment is done on the...
  img
Ramreddy 5 months ago
View all Questions »