Use Coupon: CART40 and get 40% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

My son has passed 12th Class with 83% (5 subjects)  from CBSE Board in the year 2012.  Under General category, the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE Board in the year 2012  is 77.8%. 

Would he be eligible for JEE advance 2013 straight away or the cut-off of  20 percentile may vary for JEE 2013 for the student passing board in 2012.

e.g the cut-off of 20 percentile for CBSE in the year 2013 comes out to be 84%,  while my son got 83% in 2012 and covered under 20 percentile as per CBSE 2012 cut-off. Will he be eligible for JEE 2013 or not ?

Pl clarify at the earliest.

Ajay Kumar,9810968986(M)..//

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Sir, the 20 percentile format has been cancelled until next years IIT JEE exam as many state boards and IITs refused to follow it.

the latest format of IIT JEE is:

In pursuance of MHRD’s directions and subsequent decision of the JEE Apex Board on JEE(Main) and (Advanced) held on 25.08.2012, the JEE (Main) Examination, 2013 (hitherto known asAIEEE - Paper I) for admissions to B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIswill be held during April, 2013.The JEE (Main) (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) for B.E./B.Tech will be held in two modes, vizoffline and online (CBT). The offline examination for JEE (Main) will be held on 7th April, 2013 andthe online examinations will be held thereafter in April, 2013.The examination (Paper II of earlier AIEEE) for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses atNITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be held on 7th April, 2013 in offline mode only.The merit list for admission to NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other CFTIs will be prepared bygiving 40% weightage (suitably normalised) to class XII (or equivalent examination) or other qualifyingexamination marks and 60% to the performance in JEE (Main) Examination.The JEE (Main)-2013 (Paper I of earlier AIEEE) will have one objective type question paper.The paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The duration of the paper will be 3(Three) Hours. The Paper II for admissions to B.Arch/B.Planning courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhiand other CFTIs will have one Question Paper consisting of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and DrawingTest as per past practice of AIEEE. The duration of the paper will be 3 (Three) Hours. Detailedbulletin is being prepared and will be published shortly.Only 1,50,000 of the top rankers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE,OBC (NCL), SC and ST) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2013 (hitherto known as IIT-JEE)for admission to IITs, IIT BHU and ISM Dhanbad. Notice in this regard has been issued by the IITsystem separately.AIEEE conducted earlier by the CBSE would now be known as JEE (Main). For any clarificationregarding JEE (Main) 2013 , kindly mail your query to

This is the latest press release by CBSE dated 7th Sept. 2012

3 years ago

thanks for the reply but still seeking clarification regarding 20 percentile criteria i.e. whether the student who was in the top 20 percentile in the year 2012 (i.e. above 77.8% in CBSE 2012) is eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or his eligibility would depend upon the equivalent %age of top 20 percentile of the year 2013.

e.g. if a student got 83% marks under CBSE in 2012 in class XII and doesnt apply for improvement and the minimum(equivalent) percentage of top 20 percentile in year 2013 relating to CBSE comes out to be 84%. Will he/she be eligible for JEE advanced 2013 or not as he is short of 1% from the 2013 top 20 percentile.However as per year 2012 CBSE result , he/she was in top 20 percentile of that year.

kindly clarify .

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Which college provides better placements? Ism dhanbad or the NIT`s? And why?
The rate of placements varies everywhere, no educational organization can commit hundred percent placement in all branches it is generally 85 to 95% and may be somewhere less than that as...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 4 months ago
It depends on the branch you take.ISM is obviously above than NIT’s but if the branch you take is low in ISM than you should take NIT.
Akshit Matthew 4 months ago
got 15321 rank in jee advance 2015 passed AAT please suggest a branch that i can get in any iit also concider b arch as an option and the odds to get that branch jee main rank 35000 , would ...
Yes there are pretty good chances for you to get a seat, still you must visit the official weblink of Jeemains to check the current status there and let me tell you that there are some...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 4 months ago
Dude go for zonel IIT’s only and I think that you may get one of them but if no zonel than take the NIT’s
Akshit Matthew 4 months ago
hi my name is harshit and my question is what is the minimum rank you have to get to be an aerospace engineer?
For aerospace engineerg in IITs you should get the rank in between 400 to 1000
Avinash 4 months ago
pl give detail
Please specific in your question....
Ravi one year ago
Hi student, Please elaborate your question and I guess you have forgotten to attach any image which you wanted to include in your question. Don’t worry, you can post in again and we...
Shobhit Varshney one year ago
please mention few best foundation books in phsics,chemistry,maths to prepare iit-jee at the level of 9th and 10th standard?
NCERT Syllabus: Initially you should simply concentrate on basic NCERT syllabus of class 11th and 12th. NCERT books are very good for basic concept building. You can easily finish the...
Ramesh V 6 years ago
Hello Sir, I am going to USA within 6-8 months on immigration visa. I am currently in standard 12 and enrolled in AskIITians for JEE mains and Advanced. I know about a exam held in USA for...
Dear student, At askiitans we not only provided you coaching for IIT JEE but also all other competitive exams also. If you are preparing for SAT only than you can inform your faculties they...
Nishant Vora 4 months ago
Thank u Nishant Sir
Rohan Gajjar 4 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details