Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

what are all the toppics that has to b read from morrison and boyd for jee preparation

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Concepts: Hybridisation of carbon; Sigma and pi-bonds; Shapes of simple organic molecules; Structural and geometrical isomerism;  Optical isomerism of compounds containing up to two asymmetric centres, (R,S and E,Z nomenclature excluded); IUPAC nomenclature of simple organic compounds (only hydrocarbons, mono-functional and bi-functional compounds); Conformations of ethane and butane (Newman projections); Resonance and hyperconjugation; Keto-enol tautomerism; Determination of empirical and molecular formulae of simple compounds (only combustion method); Hydrogen bonds: definition and their effects on physical properties of alcohols and carboxylic acids; Inductive and resonance effects on acidity and basicity of organic acids and bases; Polarity and inductive effects in alkyl halides; Reactive intermediates produced during homolytic and heterolytic bond cleavage;  Formation, structure and stability of carbocations, carbanions and free radicals.

Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes: Homologous series, physical properties of alkanes (melting points, boiling points and density); Combustion and halogenation of alkanes; Preparation of alkanes by Wurtz reaction and decarboxylation reactions.

Preparation, properties and reactions of alkenes and alkynes: Physical properties of alkenes and alkynes (boiling points, density and dipole moments); Acidity of alkynes; Acid catalysed hydration of alkenes and alkynes (excluding the stereochemistry of addition and elimination); Reactions of alkenes with KMnO4 and ozone; Reduction of alkenes and alkynes; Preparation of alkenes and alkynes by elimination reactions; Electrophilic addition reactions of alkenes with X2, HX, HOX (X=halogen) and H2O;  Addition reactions of alkynes; Metal acetylides.

Reactions of benzene: Structure and aromaticity; Electrophilic substitution reactions: halogenation, nitration, sulphonation, Friedel-Crafts alkylation and acylation; Effect of  o-, m- and p-directing groups in monosubstituted benzenes.

Phenols: Acidity, electrophilic substitution reactions (halogenation, nitration and sulphonation); Reimer-Tieman reaction, Kolbe reaction.

Characteristic reactions of the following (including those mentioned above):  Alkyl halides: rearrangement reactions of alkyl carbocation, Grignard reactions,  nucleophilic substitution reactions;  Alcohols: esterification, dehydration and oxidation, reaction with sodium, phosphorus halides, ZnCl2/concentrated HCl, conversion of alcohols into aldehydes and ketones; Ethers:Preparation by Williamson’s  Synthesis; Aldehydes and Ketones: oxidation, reduction, oxime and hydrazone formation; aldol condensation, Perkin reaction; Cannizzaro reaction; haloform reaction and nucleophilic addition reactions (Grignard addition);  Carboxylic acids: formation of esters, acid chlorides and amides, ester hydrolysis; Amines: basicity of substituted anilines and aliphatic amines, preparation from nitro compounds, reaction with nitrous acid, azo coupling reaction of diazonium salts of aromatic amines, Sandmeyer and related reactions of diazonium salts; carbylamine reaction; Haloarenes: nucleophilic aromatic substitution in haloarenes and substituted haloarenes (excluding Benzyne mechanism and Cine substitution).

Carbohydrates: Classification; mono- and di-saccharides (glucose and sucrose); Oxidation, reduction, glycoside formation and hydrolysis of sucrose.

Amino acids and peptides: General structure (only primary structure for peptides) and physical properties.

Properties and uses of some important polymers: Natural rubber, cellulose, nylon, teflon and PVC.

Practical organic chemistry: Detection of elements (N, S, halogens); Detection and identification of the following functional groups: hydroxyl (alcoholic and phenolic), carbonyl (aldehyde and ketone), carboxyl, amino and nitro; Chemical methods of separation of mono-functional organic compounds from binary mixtures.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

HI, i got 124 in jee mains and 98.6% in ap intermediate board. Can i expect seat in any NIT

Dear student I don’t think there is any chance of getting an NIT but still you can try your luck and wait till 3 rd or 4 th cut off and that too not in core stream.
  img
Bhavya one month ago

I think u may...for more info. U should visit NIT official website... U will get contact no. too u can ask.

Rojy one month ago

Yes but the streams will be like 1. FATbelly restoration 1.science of english 1.Basic indian samosa research Etc. Hope u understand "beast" of łűćķ

rahul one month ago
I am getting cse at nit trichy ,warangal and surathkal plz suggest me which of these should i opt?

I suggest that you should not underestimate any of these institutions, rather try to visit the official websites of all the three and then try to check out the status as per –...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago

in my opinion nit warangal is best in all aspects campus , faculty , placements etc so i prefer nit warangal cse rather than trichy or surathkal also u will get good environment in warangal ...

ng29 11 months ago

I suggest that you should not underestimate any of these institutions, rather try to visit the official websites of all the three and then try to check out the status as per –...

RIYAZSHAIK 3 months ago
Which books are must have for IIT_JEE entrance???? I have H C Verma and arihant classic texts series!!

hi chinmay both these books are enough for iitjee preperations but you have to do ncert books as well. best of luck for iit preperations. need any help or have any question post it in the...

SAHIL one month ago

Yes, these books are quite good, you may also seek help from NCERT books too, download sample papers and previous years test papers for practice and also by joining some coaching center you ...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago

no need as when you take coaching of iit, your automatic preperations of boards will be there. you can also buy askiitians online coaching material as it will boost your iitjee preperations ...

SAHIL one month ago
could you please guide me the best way to crack bitsat 2016.. my paper is going to be held on 19 th may...

Just go for an extensive practice , download sample papers and try solving, take coaching from a renowned center, stay dedicated, and wish you luck,.....on the other hand keep trying...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago

follow these tips provided by askiitians team as this all will help you to crack bitsat http://www.askiitians.com/bitsat/preparation-tips.html thanks and best of luck for exam

SAHIL one month ago
will i get admission in nit if my jee main rank is 16000

this year the no. of nit seats was increased to 2,00,000. so don’t worry about your nit seat. but the problem is that you cannot get a top branch in a top institute. so leave about it and...

NAVEEN REDDY one month ago

yes surely you will get amission in a nit if your rank is 16000 and near about is. best of luck for iitjee preperations regards sahil sharma

SAHIL one month ago
sir i hav heard that this year in jee mains counselling there will be no spot round,is it true??????

Its not true, it bactually depend on seats matrix and time of admission.
  img
Saurabh Kumar 11 months ago

Kindly ignore rumours and stay focused on an appropriate track,....why don’t you visit the official website of Jeemains or Josaa to find out the current status....keep an eye on counselling ...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off