ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

A double star,with two star masses m1 & m2.They are rotating with constant angular speed. If max. distance of separation between them is R,find the angular speed of star in terms of m1,m2 & R

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Shweta

The above ques will be done with the concept of reduced mass...

according to the concept of reduced mass when two bodies rotate about their common centre of mass such that a force of attraction acts between them and the dist.b/n the 2 bodies remains constant then their angular velocites are exactly same both in magnitude and direction .the results for angular velocity and time period that u obtain for single bodies can be obtained by using the reduced mass of  2 body system .To reduce the 2-body system to 1-body just consider 1 body of mass=m(reduced mass) and consider its rotation about a fixed point at a dist=dist between the 2 bodies.thus u get a simple circular motin whose radius is known and the centrifugal force is balanced by the force of attraction that was originally present between the bodies. 

we can consider the 2-star system to be as 1 star having a mass
m=m1*m2/
(m1+m2) this will rotate in circular motion about a fixed pt. and having radius equal to the separation b/n the 2 bodies and the force remaining the same towards the centre as b4 which in this case is the gravitation force of interaction.

the equations will be

mw2R=Gm1m2/R2.   solving u get w=(1/R)(G(m1+m2)/R) ie 1/R*root(G(m1+m2)/R)

Hope it helps!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A survey team is trying to estimate the height of a mountain above a level plain. From one point on the plain, they observe that the angle of elevation to the top of the mountain is 25...

I don't think that converting to radians will really help you. If you wanted to convert to radians, know that there are π radians in 180 degrees, so make a ratio: π/180 = x/25 solve for x:...

vikas yadav 3 months ago

continue............ Now add the numerators: tan(25) = x / [(1792 tan(28) + x) / tan(28)] Now turn the division of fractions on the right side to a multiplication of fractions using...

vikas yadav 3 months ago

continue..................... so we can set up two tangent functions: tan(x) = opp/adj tan(25) = x / (1792 + y) tan(28) = x / y Now we have a system of equations. Let's solve for the second ...

vikas yadav 3 months ago
the sides of a triangle are 3x+4y, 4x+3y, 5x+5y where x,y>0. then the triangle is right angled obtude angled equilateral none of these.

y=-3x/4 slope= -3/4 y=-4x/3 slope=-4/3 y=-x slope=-1 Find the angle between two sides using the formula tan A= (m 1 -m 2 )/(1+m 1 m 2 ) This will give angle A between the 2 sides whose slope...
  img
Ravi 7 months ago

y=-3x/4 slope= -3/4 y=-4x/3 slope=-4/3 y=-x slope=-1 Find the angle between two sides using the formula tan A= (m 1 -m 2 )/(1+m 1 m 2 ) This will give angle A between the 2 sides whose slope...
  img
Ravi 7 months ago

img
Ravi 7 months ago
P is the remainder when each of the numbers 478, 392, and 263 is divided by N, where N is an integer greater than 1. The value of N – P is: (A) 5 (B) 28 (C) 33 (D) 38

(478-P) , (392-P) and (263-P) should be divisible by N. If 2 numbers are divisible by N, then their difference is also divisble by N. Hene, (478-P)-(392-P) is divisible by N. And,...

Akshay 3 days ago

thanks a lot Mr. Akshay . your answer really helped a lot. May i know, which standard you are in, if you don't mind. thanks again.

vindhya 3 days ago

(478-P) , (392-P) and (263-P) should be divisible by N. If 2 numbers are divi

Akshay 3 days ago
Dear Sir, I would like to know which one of FIITJEE or Vidyamandir is better. SANCHIT Contact - +919973921477

dear student, This is a good question but not only coaching define the quality of education. that is depend on your performance also in that perticular coaching. In every coaching , there...

AskiitianExpert Pramod-IIT-R 5 years ago

Dear Sir I'm planning to join FIITJEE South Delhi Centre. Apart from that I promise to dedicate at least 5-6 hrs for self study. Is that fine enough routine to get into IIT??

Sanchit Alekh 5 years ago
sir i am getting 89 marks in jee main and 84.6% in cbse +2. Will i get an admission in any nit with any branch. i belong to gen category

For an NIT It is a NO...the reason being you don’t come up to the expectations of an NIT, but there is no need to lose heart and no need to give up all the hope...I’ll guide you to try at – ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 26 days ago

your score is less than cut off. so its a no but you should see other universities like srm chennai

sajid 18 days ago

your score is less than cut off. so its a no but you should see other universities like srm chennai

sajid 18 days ago
is iit better or nit is better for education as well as salary packages?

Definetely IITs.
  img
Vijay Mukti yesterday
View all Questions »