DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

A double star,with two star masses m1 & m2.They are rotating with constant angular speed. If max. distance of separation between them is R,find the angular speed of star in terms of m1,m2 & R

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Shweta

The above ques will be done with the concept of reduced mass...

according to the concept of reduced mass when two bodies rotate about their common centre of mass such that a force of attraction acts between them and the dist.b/n the 2 bodies remains constant then their angular velocites are exactly same both in magnitude and direction .the results for angular velocity and time period that u obtain for single bodies can be obtained by using the reduced mass of  2 body system .To reduce the 2-body system to 1-body just consider 1 body of mass=m(reduced mass) and consider its rotation about a fixed point at a dist=dist between the 2 bodies.thus u get a simple circular motin whose radius is known and the centrifugal force is balanced by the force of attraction that was originally present between the bodies. 

we can consider the 2-star system to be as 1 star having a mass
m=m1*m2/
(m1+m2) this will rotate in circular motion about a fixed pt. and having radius equal to the separation b/n the 2 bodies and the force remaining the same towards the centre as b4 which in this case is the gravitation force of interaction.

the equations will be

mw2R=Gm1m2/R2.   solving u get w=(1/R)(G(m1+m2)/R) ie 1/R*root(G(m1+m2)/R)

Hope it helps!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir if some one has got the 65% in board and qualify for iit with 5056 air will he get seat in iit or not because minimum percentage required from board is 75%

You will not be eligibile for the admission into IITs. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 21 days ago

5056 AIR is in advanced or mains.
  img
Vijay Mukti 21 days ago

It is a NO for NITs but i don’t favour dropping a year, rather i would advise to visit the official websites of some renowned institutions where you can seek admission and pursue your...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 20 days ago
HI, I would like to buy your study material for IIT-JEE (mains & advance). But I am trying to call you on your toll free number (18002000838) , but it is saying invalid number. I am in...

Please provide your contact details, our concerned team will contact you. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 3 days ago

check the link for the related info for NRI section and the related study material and contact info http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-coaching-in-singapore/
  img
Avinash 3 days ago

Ok. I will forward it to the concerned team. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 3 days ago

Please provide your contact details, our concerned team will contact you. Thanks.

10 hours ago

I have already forwarded your number to our concerned team.

10 hours ago

I have already forwarded your number to our concerned team. Or you can visit the above link provided by Mr. Avinash to get all the information. Thanks.

10 hours ago
i got civil in iitbombay .now what should be do ? bcoz it is 14 no choice and at 12 no. mech iitb ,at13 EE in iitb .

you are getting iitb civil if you want to confirm that pay the fees and confirm it..that how you confirm your seat. Also before that make sure that there is NO next round of counselling....
  img
Nishant Vora 21 days ago

Dear student, You can alter your preferance/choices in the couselling portal if you have not locked/freezed it. If you have freezed or locked than can’t help, that will be fixed....
  img
Nishant Vora 21 days ago

That obviously means that you were not getting mech and EE as per your rank and you are getting civil in IIT bombay.
  img
Nishant Vora 21 days ago
Bits pilani chemical engineering or DTU mathematics and computing? ...placements and jobs to be the priority. PLZZ answer soon

Bro. BITs is a private college it will charge a very high fee and will not give you satisfaction instead of this DTU is a govt. college so I prefer you to take DTU math and comp. as it will ...

Akshit Matthew 13 days ago
in 3 rd round nit biotech went upto 61122(obc).i have a obc rank of 72000.can i get that in 4 th / spot round?

Yes you may get. Best of Luck.
  img
Vijay Mukti 8 days ago

Yes there are chances to get a seat, keep visiting the official weblink of Jeemains and Josaa to check the latest updates,....if ever due to some reasions you could not make it then try...

Soneel Verma 6 days ago
will the cut off in JEE ADVANCE this year will be lower than 2013 keeping in view the dificulty level.?

Yes, the expected cutoff for JEE Advanced 2014 is lower than 2013. Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh one year ago
View all Questions »