Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: asksch20

A double star,with two star masses m1 & m2.They are rotating with constant angular speed. If max. distance of separation between them is R,find the angular speed of star in terms of m1,m2 & R

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Shweta

The above ques will be done with the concept of reduced mass...

according to the concept of reduced mass when two bodies rotate about their common centre of mass such that a force of attraction acts between them and the dist.b/n the 2 bodies remains constant then their angular velocites are exactly same both in magnitude and direction .the results for angular velocity and time period that u obtain for single bodies can be obtained by using the reduced mass of  2 body system .To reduce the 2-body system to 1-body just consider 1 body of mass=m(reduced mass) and consider its rotation about a fixed point at a dist=dist between the 2 bodies.thus u get a simple circular motin whose radius is known and the centrifugal force is balanced by the force of attraction that was originally present between the bodies. 

we can consider the 2-star system to be as 1 star having a mass
m=m1*m2/
(m1+m2) this will rotate in circular motion about a fixed pt. and having radius equal to the separation b/n the 2 bodies and the force remaining the same towards the centre as b4 which in this case is the gravitation force of interaction.

the equations will be

mw2R=Gm1m2/R2.   solving u get w=(1/R)(G(m1+m2)/R) ie 1/R*root(G(m1+m2)/R)

Hope it helps!

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

i have passed medical stream from cbse board with 83% marks but i am interested in doing computer engineering after passing JEE exam. to qualify for the exam i need mathematics. i wanted to ...

@ harpreet Your query is not clear , if u have PCMBE subject only then u can go for both medical and engg . and if u have PCBE then u can only go in medical stream , and if PCME then only...

Umakant biswal one month ago

dear Student, it does not make much difference that you have read maths in 12 th or not but it does matter that you need to have cleared this subject in the test i.e. JEE, so, pull up your...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago
the sensitivity of a moving coil galvanometre can be increased by? if germaniuum is to be doped eith donor impurity, then the donor atom should be? 1 tetravalent 2 pentavalent 3 trivalent 4 ...

Hii It depend upon the impurity that you want to make .the answer can be either tetravalent or pentavent giving rise to either p type or n type semiconductor
  img
Sourabh Singh 12 days ago
sir, my Jee Air is 168861 SC rank is 7053 . I had a keen interest in Computer Science and IT. due to no coaching, my JEE mains score was 59. But i got 98%in board exams. I cannot drop the...

@ charanjit In that case u have to look upon the private university like lovely professional university , punjab , and amity university , noida . lpu takes admission if you have scored more ...

I am studying in Jaipur resonance but I think that resonance is not clearing my doubts.Should I join other coaching or there is something problem in me.

HI STUDENT FOR THE SAKE OF PROMOTION, I WILL NOT DIRECTLY SAY YOU TO LEAVE YOUR INSTITUTE. AGAIN TRY TWO OR THREE TIMES TO CLEAR YOUR DOUBTS. BUT IF YOU DONOT GET A SATISFYING RESPONSE,...

SAHIL 2 days ago

@ divy that generally happens in coaching institute , the coaching institute have 1000 of students and the student teacher ratio is 100;1 in resonance . so, obviously u will face prob in...

Umakant biswal 2 days ago
please explain me the difference between computer science (cs) and computer engineering (ce) at dtu with respect to curriculum,syllabus, course and placements in detail

@ ayush there is no diffrence between the comp sci engg and comp engg in dtu in terms of courses and curriculum . only their names are diffrent as its a iiit delhi . so, comp engg is a new...

Dear Student, Computer science focuses on foundations of computing including, algorithms, programming languages, theories of computing, artificial intelligence, , and hardware design....

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago
My rank in iit advance is 8997-common merit list(general cat.)...after the first round cutoff 2015..with many branches going above 7000 rank....can i get an iit...??

All the colleges which are filled by JEE advanced are the top colleges in India. Also the placements are good in them. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

It seems to be difficult but still you can try your best. Thanks.
  img

Keep the track of all the happenings. Thanks
  img
View all Questions »

• OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: asksch20