• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

lim x-->0 [cos(sinx)-cosx] / x4

ans: 1/6

4 years ago

Answers : (3)

Using L Hopitals rule

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d/dx[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 if ([cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]=0 and x=4)

Again since the expression is yielding 0/0 appyling L hopitals rule, 

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d2/dx2[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d3/dx3[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d4/dx4[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

Now Since the expression 4/24= 1/6 .

Hence 1/6 is the answer 

4 years ago

lim[cos(sinx)-cosx]/x^4

=lim[-sin(sinx)cosx+sinx]/(4x^3)

=lim[sin(sinx)sinx-cos(sinx)cos2x+cosx]/12x2

=lim[cosx-cos(sinx)cos2x]/12x2

=lim[1-cos(sinx)cosx]/12x2

=lim[sin(sinx)cos2x+cos(sinx)sinx]/24x

differentiate once more w.r.t. to get the answer

Dear Moderator: If I need to provide any more details, please contact me at <mn_chetan@yahoo.com

4 years ago

thanks a lot

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

i have dropped an year for iit jee as i didnt clear individual cut off for physics (it was 13 ..i got 11)but as for overall cut off ..it was cleared pretty good.ihave allen distance...

@asish i think u will give the jee again in 2017 , if so, then allen distance learning package are sufficient for jee mains only , and not for jee advanced . for jee advanced u need to...

Umakant biswal 21 days ago

I feel dropping an year is not a good idea. What if you don't get good marks or even this much of marks next year. Better would be go for admission this year only. If you are not able to...

raghav dua 20 days ago
how to start preparing for iit jee from class 9? what books and tips then do i need hc verma concept of physics part 1 ? which has the best study material and succes rate fiijee coachings...

@ ayudi i appreciate your effort and dream to become an iit engineer from class 9 , thats a very good job . see , in class 9 th , u just need to be clear your foundation . and that u can do ...

Umakant biswal 12 days ago
Sir I’ve got 90 marks in JEE mains and I’ve scored 98%in intermediate {Andhra Pradesh Board}.Can I get C.S.E or E.C.E. branch in top 15 NIT’s

sorry harish you cnnot get cs and ece in any top 15 nits.otherwise as your score is good i am sure you will get a good college regards sahil

SAHIL 2 months ago

Your score is quite pleasing, my suggestion is to visit the websites of NITs and try your luck there,....I feel like you may make it there,...otherwise there are plenty of colleges and...

Aneesh Sehgal 2 months ago

Ummm, not at NIT but surely at other institutions that I had mentioned in my earlier post. Still if you want to be sure then don’t hesitate to visit the weblink of NIT Andhra and check it...

Aneesh Sehgal 2 months ago
How do i prepare for JEE 2010 in this last month to make the best of it and atleat be able to crack IIT?

Dear Aishna Its very important time for students,From now you should start working hard. best method is to first read the theory part completly from the standard text book and study...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
is aiims mbbs graduates are recruited by medcine or health care industry ?

Hello Student MBBS students can enter in both of the industry. Student can enroll him self in Post graduate courses in these industry after MBBS.
  img
Anjali Ahuja 5 months ago
Which is better NIT kurukshetra or DTU for btech in mechanical engineering?

DTU FOR BTECH IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING IS A BETTER CHOICE WHEN CONSIDERING PLACEMENT AS A FACTOR OF COMPARING THE TWO.SO IF YOU ARE IN SEARCH FOR HIGH PACKAGES THAN DTU MECHANICAL IS...

SAHIL 25 days ago

IDear Friend, my cousin is a final year mechanical engineering student in Nit Kurukshetra. If he would have been in your place he would have opted for cs. Reasons: 1-After 4 years , looking ...

Aneesh Sehgal 23 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off