Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

lim x-->0 [cos(sinx)-cosx] / x4

ans: 1/6

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

Using L Hopitals rule

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d/dx[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 if ([cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]=0 and x=4)

Again since the expression is yielding 0/0 appyling L hopitals rule, 

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d2/dx2[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d3/dx3[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d4/dx4[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

Now Since the expression 4/24= 1/6 .

Hence 1/6 is the answer 

3 years ago

lim[cos(sinx)-cosx]/x^4

=lim[-sin(sinx)cosx+sinx]/(4x^3)

=lim[sin(sinx)sinx-cos(sinx)cos2x+cosx]/12x2

=lim[cosx-cos(sinx)cos2x]/12x2

=lim[1-cos(sinx)cosx]/12x2

=lim[sin(sinx)cos2x+cos(sinx)sinx]/24x

differentiate once more w.r.t. to get the answer

Dear Moderator: If I need to provide any more details, please contact me at <mn_chetan@yahoo.com

3 years ago

thanks a lot

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
can I gave exam of JEE frome both city delhi and kanpur. it is possible?

2 attempts in a year are not permitted atleast by JEE. (I can expect the same for other exam conducting bodies too, certainly). So, NO...
  img
Ravi 6 months ago

img
Aziz Alam 6 months ago
Next number 2, 5, 11, 20, 32, 47?

Yeah absolutely keep adding the multiples of 3 in your given series. 3+2=5 6+5=11 9+11=20 12+20=23 15+32=47 18+47=65 So the next number will 65.

vikas yadav 2 months ago

3 rd on1: Solution: i) t₂ - t₁ = 5 - 2 = 3 t₃ - t₂ = 6 t₄ - t₃ = 9 and so on... So let the nth term - (n-1)th term be = x. ii) Sum of all the above = nth term - t₁ = 3 + 6 + 9 + ----- [This...

vikas yadav 2 months ago

second method: Series 2, 5, 11, 20, 32, 47 Find = next number In this series each digit has the difference of 3,6,9,12,15 etc.. so next series will have the difference of 18. It means next...

vikas yadav 2 months ago
Why do British people say "maths" and Regular people say "math"?

It is really a Interesting Question that why do British People say "Maths" and Regular People say "Math". SO behalf of my thinking it is the Way of different different Countries to say Words...

vikas yadav 2 months ago

Actually, almost everyone (in the English-speaking world) except the Americans and some Canadians, say "maths". To be honest with you, I have rarely seen Regular people. Most people I meet...

vikas yadav 2 months ago
Sir i have completely solved arihant and disha publication books for bitsat ,solved practice papers from gkp publication, from askiitians website too and previous year papers ..Will it be...

Very great effort... Now you start meditation for 30 minutes everyday and just attempt a last practice paper and count your last score before final score.. All the best
  img
Saurabh Kumar 9 days ago

is gkp publication nice

akshat 9 days ago
while surfing through internet , i found that scope ( hence placements ) for cs branch are better than any other so should i compromise with stream or place ? i would probably get cse in all...

I think you should take CS in new IITs. Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 11 months ago

thanks, sir

arpit 11 months ago
Dear askiitians team, Sir my points have been decreased unanimously and also the balance points . Please rectify the matter sir .

i got a mail from team of askiitians This is just to inform you that for one question only one approval can be given by user. This feature is not working properly at the moment and hence we...

ng29 24 days ago

They were around 75 something and now they are -78 !! OMG i dont know wht is happening . Sheer waste of our hardwork. :( Total points also decreased .

Drake 24 days ago

hey drake my balance points are also decreased suddenly and automatically by the way how many of ur points get decreased ????/

ng29 24 days ago
View all Questions »