Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

lim x-->0 [cos(sinx)-cosx] / x4

ans: 1/6

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

Using L Hopitals rule

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d/dx[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 if ([cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]=0 and x=4)

Again since the expression is yielding 0/0 appyling L hopitals rule, 

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d2/dx2[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d3/dx3[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d4/dx4[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

Now Since the expression 4/24= 1/6 .

Hence 1/6 is the answer 

3 years ago

lim[cos(sinx)-cosx]/x^4

=lim[-sin(sinx)cosx+sinx]/(4x^3)

=lim[sin(sinx)sinx-cos(sinx)cos2x+cosx]/12x2

=lim[cosx-cos(sinx)cos2x]/12x2

=lim[1-cos(sinx)cosx]/12x2

=lim[sin(sinx)cos2x+cos(sinx)sinx]/24x

differentiate once more w.r.t. to get the answer

Dear Moderator: If I need to provide any more details, please contact me at <mn_chetan@yahoo.com

3 years ago

thanks a lot

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir i am getting 175 in jee advance and i belong to general category... my score is 194/360 in jee main and 93.90% in cbse board 2015. what all options will i hve to choose from ?? will be i...

Double check it, it is 105 for general category, follow this link:engg.entrancecorner.com/jee-main-2015-cutoff/

2015 years ago
Are the following books sufficient to get a rank below 1000 in IIT-JEE 2016 ? Mathematics Trigonometry : S.L. Loney Coordinate Geometry : S.L. Loney Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and 3D...

friend , your book selection in physics is good. ok in chemistry. but according to me , you need some books in math. i also have s n lonely and r d sharma,but i have purchased arihant...

Abhishek Pachauri 7 months ago

yes friend u should definitely take a look at arihant series .. specially the theory of the arihant books are simple and easy to understand and the content revolves around jee

Puneet Rai 4 months ago

These are good but. MAthematics- G. TIWANI, Chemistry- RC MUKHERJEE, MORRISION BOYD, JD LEE. Physics- RESNICK HALLIDAY, BM SHARMA SERIES ARE BEST

sachin sinha 6 months ago
What does (O) mean in chemistry?

I assume it means Oxygen if it's meant to be its chemical symbol but I don't really understand the question

vikas yadav 3 months ago

It’s means oxygen Try to look at universities which provide excellent placement opportunities top infrastructure. The universities are Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi...

abhinaipadachuru 3 days ago

Oxygen!!!!!!!??????

noogler 6 days ago
i got 67 marks in jee main nd got 89% in cbse class 12 boards category-sc homestate-WB can i get any course in IIIT Allahabad or IIEST Shibpur? plz rply!!!

Dear Student, You have cleared the cutoff marks in jee mains and ur % is also good. I think you will definately get a seat. Apply in colleges to find out which branch is available thanls
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

I can suggest you to visit the official websites of - CEPT Uni,Ahmedabad Lovely Professional Uni. Phagwara Jadavpur UNi, Kolkata Uni of Kalyani, Kalyani

Ayushmaan Vardhan 24 days ago

you have got good scoring.try to know about colleges

sajid one month ago
how to find dimensions

Dear Abhishek, please ask your questions again .....dimensions of wat? Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to...

Amit Askiitiansexpert 5 years ago
if i crack bitsat 2015 with more marks than thier cutoff...but didnt got 75% in boards....but then i take boards improvement exam...so does i have to regive bitsat or i will get direct...

u have to regive bitsat plz approve if useful

ng29 2 months ago

regive the bitsat exam next year

Delwin Saldanha one month ago

ull ned to regive the exam

Hemanth Sai 2 months ago
View all Questions »