There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

lim x-->0 [cos(sinx)-cosx] / x4

ans: 1/6

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

Using L Hopitals rule

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d/dx[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 if ([cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]=0 and x=4)

Again since the expression is yielding 0/0 appyling L hopitals rule, 

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d2/dx2[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d3/dx3[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d4/dx4[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

Now Since the expression 4/24= 1/6 .

Hence 1/6 is the answer 

3 years ago

lim[cos(sinx)-cosx]/x^4

=lim[-sin(sinx)cosx+sinx]/(4x^3)

=lim[sin(sinx)sinx-cos(sinx)cos2x+cosx]/12x2

=lim[cosx-cos(sinx)cos2x]/12x2

=lim[1-cos(sinx)cosx]/12x2

=lim[sin(sinx)cos2x+cos(sinx)sinx]/24x

differentiate once more w.r.t. to get the answer

Dear Moderator: If I need to provide any more details, please contact me at <mn_chetan@yahoo.com

3 years ago

thanks a lot

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

please can somebody tell me when and how to apply for international olympiad i want to appear for olympiad in year 2015 or 16 i am in 12 th now.

Please refer to its website for the compelete procedure and eligibility criteria. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

if u want to apply for international olympiads then visit- " sofworld.org " u will find all details about international olympiads it will be conducted through school. so ask your school...

vindhya one month ago
how maNY tyms a person could attempt the exam

JEE advanced can be attempted for maximum of 2 times. Thanks.
  img

Three attempt for JEE mains. Thanks
  img

One can attempt JEE mains for thrice and Jee advance for twice and that too in subsequent years back to back, and you may follow these tips for preparation –Stay focused on your studies and ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago
which is best books for chemistry for iit advance plz suggest one each physical, organic and inorganic chemistry

Well to be honest, i’ve never heard of it before. But what i would like to suggest is : go to a library and get hold of all the books including cengage publication. Read a random chapter...

Neeti 28 days ago

P.Bahadur for Physical Chemistry Solomons for organic chemistry O.P Randon for inroganic chemistry :) and even J.D.Lee is very good for inorganic chemistry :) Feel free to ask any follow up ...

Neeti 28 days ago

what is ur opinion about cengage publication

gunvant bhati 28 days ago
Sir I Got 59607 AIR (oc) (Boy) Will i Be Able To Get Any NIT ECE Branch I HAve GITAM ECE Seat With Me Right Now

Its bit tough to get ECE in NITs for your rank
  img
Avinash one month ago

GITAM Vishakhapatnam is no less than other reputed institutions, you can go for it without any second opinion, but if you are looking forward to get into an NIT then wait for the last...

Soneel Verma one month ago
can give the list of iit’s in rank wise

search in the internet bro approve plz

Mondo Camry 2 months ago

wat is ur rank

Prajwal Kavad 2 months ago
sir i want to know that which iit is best for b.tech in computer science ???????????

All IITs are best as per the branch. It depends on the rank which u get to get into an IIT. I can give you a rough estimate about the ranking ...as the trends change every year but roughly...

Ramesh V 5 years ago

It cant be said that which iit is best for computer science but one thing can be said that iit delhi has one of the most challenging curriculum and very good fascilities for engineering in...

AskiitianExpert Vinayak-iitd 5 years ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details