• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: hemangi

lim x-->0 [cos(sinx)-cosx] / x4

ans: 1/6

4 years ago

Answers : (3)

Using L Hopitals rule

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d/dx[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 if ([cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]=0 and x=4)

Again since the expression is yielding 0/0 appyling L hopitals rule, 

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d2/dx2[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d3/dx3[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

lim x tends to 0 [cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 = d4/dx4[cos(sin(x))-cos(x)]/x^4 at x=0

Now Since the expression 4/24= 1/6 .

Hence 1/6 is the answer 

4 years ago

lim[cos(sinx)-cosx]/x^4

=lim[-sin(sinx)cosx+sinx]/(4x^3)

=lim[sin(sinx)sinx-cos(sinx)cos2x+cosx]/12x2

=lim[cosx-cos(sinx)cos2x]/12x2

=lim[1-cos(sinx)cosx]/12x2

=lim[sin(sinx)cos2x+cos(sinx)sinx]/24x

differentiate once more w.r.t. to get the answer

Dear Moderator: If I need to provide any more details, please contact me at <mn_chetan@yahoo.com

4 years ago

thanks a lot

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

how maNY tyms a person could attempt the exam

JEE advanced can be attempted for maximum of 2 times. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

Three attempt for JEE mains. Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

One can attempt JEE mains for thrice and Jee advance for twice and that too in subsequent years back to back, and you may follow these tips for preparation –Stay focused on your studies and ...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago
I got mechanical branch in IIT PALAKKAD in round 1.But i want to wait for next rounds for better IITS,then what should i do?Is it possible?

If you are allotted IIT Pallakad, then you have to register and submit the fee, but if you want to attend recounselling, then you have to left the college..then you do not know, what would...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one year ago

Rest assured as IIT Palakkad has earned a very good image as far as quality education and placements are concerned, where as if you are not satisfied with Mechanical stream let me tell you...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago

Select Floating option i.e you will retain current alocated branch and also eligible for 2 nd and 3 rd round. you can have idea about first round cutoff for deferent branches and colleges....

Rahat S 11 months ago
When will i get the omr sheets of online exam on 9 april 2016

Dear student, You can check ur answers that u marked in ur account only just after the exam but official answer is not yet out it will be out once the result is declared only Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

Dear student, You may get if after some time from now...you will get notifaction on jee mains official website Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

i want to knoe like last year the online exam held on 10 april then when did they get the question paper. On some Websites it is written tht it will be given with the result i.e. on 18...

Geetesh Gupta 2 months ago
im going to write bitsat .. i want to get a seat in pharma … can you please tell me the score to get the seat and cut off marks for pharmacy ?

@ nikhila for pharmacy u need 220-230 marks . that are enough to get a seat in pharmacy . beacuse for pharmacy the cutoff generally stay between 200-210 , for hyderabad , and 230-240 in...

Umakant biswal one month ago

Practice a lot working on ample papers, get to know certain tactics to find the right answer, be under a stern practice for as much time as you can avail and then appear in the test,...do...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago

YOU WILL NEED MORE THAN 260+ MARKS TO GET A SEAT IN PHARMACY. HOPE YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL REGARDS SAHIL

SAHIL one month ago
is one year preparation enough to get a medical seat?

@ abhishek that depends upon your intrest and modes of preparation .. getting a seat in medical is not so easy , but if u have read ncert throughly and also practiced the mock test paper ,...

Umakant biswal one month ago

Hi, depends on how you studied your two years. but if your given the right coaching and concepts you can do it. Also, you must sweat blood to get there.. Thank u, BEST OF LUCK JEHOYESJIRA

Beenu Mathew one month ago
I have a domicike of Haryana and I have. Completed my class 12 from Uttar Pradesh Lucknow. Can I have my home state quota as Haryana?

HOME STATE QUATA WILL BE APPLICABLE ONLY WHERE FROM U HAVE DOMESILE SO UR HOMESTATE QUATA WILL BE ACCEPTED AT HARYANA ONLY AND LIASTEN CAREFULLY AS PER THE RULES OF JEE MAINS IF U TRY TO...

Krishna Bondriya 2 days ago

@ aryan It doesnot matter from where u have complted the class 12 th , the domicile will be determined only by the income certificate of your parents , ar any proof of that , if your...

Umakant biswal yesterday
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details

Get extra R 4,500 off