• OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

height of hcp unit cell

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Mukal,

A,B,C,E (red dots) will represents the centres of sphere of atoms in HCP closed packing,

now, AB=BC=CA=EB = 2R (edge lengths of HCP)

BD=\frac{2R}{\sqrt{3}}  ,as BD divides the median through B in 2:1 ratio from B...

now EDB is rt. triangle,

by pythagores theorem :

(\frac{2R}{\sqrt{3}})^2+h^2=(2R)^2

=> h=2R\sqrt{\frac{2}{3}}

now, their will be another atom which will be mirror image of E on plane ABC

so, the height (c) of HCP will be 2h

c=2h=4R\sqrt{\frac{2}{3}}

Best Of luck

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

I​ got a a new mark sheet from board after re-evaluation few weeks before jeemain result but still cbseresults.nic.in continues to display previous result .even I doubt my jeemain rank...

@ akshya This is a very harsh condition . ryt now what u can do is to send a mail to the cbse , that in the website , my previous marks are showing .. beacuse the error occured at the cbse...

Umakant biswal 21 days ago
Tell me the best test series for jee(mains+adv) 2017. I am a dropper. My tutors told me not to join resonance/allen aits. How is plancess test series?Tell me some best.

IF you Search internet for this question you are going to get different answers. And of coure if you ask in a forum like this you will get the obvious answer . Every forum member is goint to...

Ajay 24 days ago

@ alisha Take askiitian test series , its the excellent one i can say . beacuse there u are getting , topic test , chapter test , part test , bimonthly test , and full test , and also u...

Umakant biswal 23 days ago

You may consult NCERT books and consider them as a base plus you may follow competitive books by leading authors like – H C Verma for Physics, O P Tondon for Chemistry and R D Sharma for...

Aneesh Sehgal 22 days ago
How do I get interested in Chemistry? My performance in maths & physics is up to the mark. But chemistry always bores me. How to overcome my difficulty in the subject?

@ trisha Chemistry is actually a intresting subject , now , kindly mention the part which bores you more – physical , organic , or inorganic . Generally students feels organic due to its...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago

“INTEREST IS LOST ONLY WHEN UNDERSTANDING IS LOST” AND I THINK YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING THIS SUBJECT . FOR THIS YOU SHOULD TRY TO UNDERSTAND CONCEPTS FIRST . TRY TO RELATE THINGS WITH...

SAHIL 13 days ago

As they have said above, you lose interest when you stop understanding whatever has been printed in the books. In such a scenario, imagine having an IITian who can chat with you live even...

Ankit 9 days ago
What is the way to get full marks in Biology in boards and Neet 2017?

@ abhinab At this point of time , donot think to get full marks in biology in board exam and NEET . now , u hv the time and u hv everything else just , do the hardwork , and that too in...

Umakant biswal 11 days ago

HI PLEASE VISIT THE BELOW MENTIONED LINK AND FOLLOW THESE TIPS. THESE WILL SURELY HELP YOU A LOT http://www.askiitians.com/medical-exams/aipmt/how-to-prepare-for-aipmt.html THANKS

SAHIL 10 days ago
how much ncert books help us in cracking jee

Hi nikhil tomar Ncert books are good but not enough for IIT JEE Prepration. You need some extra material that is specially design for IIT JEE Prepration. For more detail go to link...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
Here i am asking this question for my sister.She scored 94% in 10th but in 12th only 70% . But that doesn't demoralized her to move towards her dream to clear PMT and become a doctor. She...

Since you said that your sister is hardworking and very willing to get into PMT,thus I would suggest that she has to manage her time in a way that she gives almost equal time to each...
  img
Bhavya 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off