• OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: asksch20

effect of temperature on contact angle

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Gayatri,

Consider a liquid droplet at rest on a flat, solid surface. A cross-sectional view of the droplet is given below. Its shape is characteristically lenticular. The angle formed by the solid surface and the tangent line to the upper surface at the end point is called the contact angle.

The contact angle is a result of the interface/surface tensions (surface free energies) between liquid and solid surrounded by vapor, and is measured according to the Young equationgiven below:

img

Best Of luck

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

I am scoring 240-250 marks in advance tests at my kota coaching class.What will be my probable rank in 2017 for advance.

@ jau the ranks will be depend upon the actual difficulty level of paper , and the no of student appeared and how well they attempted the exam . so, 240-250 is a moderate score , and...

Umakant biswal one month ago
Is it really possible to get below 5000 rank if I study for JEE for 16 months. The main problem is I can only afford 4-5 hours a day only! Please do not give motivational but logical and...

@raghotham Yes , obviously u can , if you are talking about jee advanced also , then also u can . but u need to spend that 4-5 hours with smart work , and donot let that 4-5 hours to go by...

I got 212 marks in resonance Mains level test. Should it be considered a bad score and how accurate is the test series of resonance. ( I am a dropper)

@ himanshu resonance test series are best for the jee people . so, if u are getting 212 in mains test of that , then it is moderate ., i have also checked the MCT ques paper of resonance ,...

Umakant biswal 2 days ago
i am from west bengal.this time iiest(shibpur) is offering 50% seats to west bengal students.will it benifit if i hav rank of 220000AIR and i am obc.last time NIT durgapur biotech sream...

Yes there may be the chances. However the opening and closing rank gives us idea but there may be variation within it. so you have to be ready accordingly.
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

My suggestion is to check the placement record of Shibpur and along with that keep an eye on the counselling rounds plus spot round and parallely keep visiting the official websites of...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
sir, what would be the scoring topics in physics and chemistry .

Physics Current Electricity – A thorough idea of Kirchoff’s law will help you solve related problems easily. Practice the problems carefully for a good score. The more you...
  img
Harishwar one year ago

In physics the the scoring topics are Newton’s laws of motion,friction,units and dimensions.In chemistry the scoring topics are chemical equilibrium,stoichiometry,atomic structure etc.

Drovan Reddy 11 months ago

Si

rammohan 11 months ago
can you tell me something about TOEFL? My parents are saying me to prepare for it. so i required a general info regarding it?

this knowledge is available at other sites also i want to know about its uses and reason why to give it etc.

SONALI 27 days ago

@ SONALI TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. The test is designed to measure the English proficiency of non-English speaking people and is divided into three sections....

View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off