effect of temperature on contact angle

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Gayatri,

Consider a liquid droplet at rest on a flat, solid surface. A cross-sectional view of the droplet is given below. Its shape is characteristically lenticular. The angle formed by the solid surface and the tangent line to the upper surface at the end point is called the contact angle.

The contact angle is a result of the interface/surface tensions (surface free energies) between liquid and solid surrounded by vapor, and is measured according to the Young equationgiven below:

img

Best Of luck

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir i have paid the amount on jeeadv site by credit card but there was no acknowledgement page.now what should i upload in dd/neft/rtgs/ challan copypls tell

many have not received the acknowledgment But if you visit the site and login it shows in green colour confirmation that payment is made as also the details mentioned (this happens about 5-6...

Subhash Shanbhag one month ago

many have not received the acknowledgment But if you visit the site and login it shows in green colour confirmation that payment is made as also the details mentioned (this happens about 5-6...

I got cs in IIT Jodhpur is it a good choice

Relative to top NiITs, its at par with them. Placement scenario is also good there for CS. Thanks &Regards Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee askIITians Faculty
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
how to get admission in iit for architecture ….….…................is there any paper for architecture like jee main paper 2 ….….….….please tell …....explain procedure..........

Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is a test carried specially for the students interested in pursuing Architecture in IITs.It’s a 3 hour test which you need to give apart from JEE(Main)...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago

that means firstly i have clear jee main paper 2 and then jee advance then AAT

milind one month ago
please tell me about the complete syllabu and about some important books and most scoring chapters in IIT jEE???

IIT JEE 2015 IIT JEE 2015 Entrance exam For Mains/Advanced is conducted by CBSE to check the knowledge of students for getting admission in undergraduate courses like Engineering through...
  img
Rinkoo Gupta 3 months ago
sir , i got AIR 58000 and HS rank 1500 (rajasthan) and belongs to SC category . can i get CSE in MNIT jaipur or NITT or NITW or else ??

Hi, Please see that last years opening and cloasing ranks for NITs. You will have a better idea. But I think NIT JP CS is a bit far for you. Try our college and branch predictor. This will...
  img
Yash Baheti one month ago

@yash , i m in SC category and there HS quota apply . so ???

keshav verma one month ago

What rank will be considered for allotment? AIR or HS?

rajath one month ago
Sir, I am from gen category, with 200 marks in mains and 92% in boards. Can I get CS NIT Calicut?

You can predict your rank in JEE Mains with the help of the following provided links. Compare your rank with previous year cut-off of various institutes. This will give you an idea of the...
  img
Apoorva Arora 2 months ago

No that doesn’t work. Neither is my CISCE board listed in the boards. So I wish someone would reply here?

Ankan 2 months ago
View all Questions »