ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

A straight line through the origin meets the parallel lines 4x+2y=9 and 2x+y+6=0 at P and Q respectively. Then the point O divides PQ in the ratio???

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Pranavi,

y=kx,(2+k)x=-6,

x=-6/(k+2),y=-6k(k+2),this is Q

now P:(4+2k)x=9

x=9/(4+2k),y=9k/(4+2k)

OP=(9/(4+2k))√(1+k2)

OQ=-(6/(2+k))√(1+k2)

lOP/OQl=l-(9/6)*(k+2)/(2k+4)l=3/4

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Pranavi !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

CHETAN MANDAYAM NAYAKAR

3 years ago

PO : OQ = 3:4

2y = -4x + 9

2y = -4x - 12

The y-intercepts of these two lines are +9/2 and -12/2, respectively. The origin divides the segment as

9:12 = 3:4

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Sir i got 67.07% in HSC and 256 in bitsat ….(2014).. i took a drop...i am practicing hard day and night but due to my board marks,do i have any chance of getting to jee advance..plzz help...

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago

Hi, Top 1.5 Lac students qualify for JEE Advanced. This list which qualifies for advanced has nothing to do with your board marks. In JEE advanced rankings, or IIT allotment, your HSC marks...
  img
Yash Baheti 8 months ago

But Sir criteria says 70% minimum please comment on this

Ram 8 months ago
i will be going in 11 std now.please tell me which books should i refer in the beginning? please tell me how much time should i give for preperation of iit exam each day without tutions?

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/main/important-books.html The above link should help you with the books. You can also buy books from stores and there are a lot of guides available on the...

Yash 26 days ago

You would find may books in the link given by Yash. But i’d like to warn you that studying from too many books is not good. You have to stick to one or two books and study them thouroghly....

shubham sharda 25 days ago
i got 210 in mains(2015) ,but got only 122 in advanced(2015) due to headache.should i wait for another year and write jee or join nit or triple(i) t (board-466,(obc-ncl)

Yes, your category will help you in getting a good rank here. For more details you can use : http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee/advanced/cut-off.html
  img
Sunil Kumar 4 days ago

You will get a good rank. You must not take any tension. You have done the hard work. You will be able to get into a good IIT with a good branch.
  img
Sunil Kumar 4 days ago

Hi This year itself you will be able to get a good rank in IIT. It won’t be required to sit for next year.
  img
Sunil Kumar 4 days ago
4 boys and 4 girls are to be seated in a line such that no 2 girls are together, find the number of ways. explain me the gap method

is 48 the answer?

varun 6 months ago

is 48 the answer?

varun 6 months ago

is 48 the answer?

varun 6 months ago
What is good rank for bits at?

It may be above 350, you can visit the website of BITS Pilani and check whether you fitv intom it, if yes..then nothing like that...and if not even then there’s no need to give up or to be...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 3 days ago

bitssat is very tricky and quite easy exam it also includes english to get good stream in bits pilani that is best among all bits u have to score about 340-350 in bitsat...

ng29 one month ago

>330 marks are good for bits pilani . Hit approve if u got even a little help by my answer :) Thanks .

Drake one month ago
i wnat to know the chapter wise weightage of physics,chemistry and biology in aiims entrance exam so that i can excel ...please tell me as soon as possible

Exam preparation tips Smart study is the way to prepare - hours and hours of study aren't useful if they are unfocused or badly planned. Be thorough with basics in physics, chemistry and...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago

This are for Biology, Chemistry and Physics respectively....

Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago
View all Questions »