ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

A straight line through the origin meets the parallel lines 4x+2y=9 and 2x+y+6=0 at P and Q respectively. Then the point O divides PQ in the ratio???

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Pranavi,

y=kx,(2+k)x=-6,

x=-6/(k+2),y=-6k(k+2),this is Q

now P:(4+2k)x=9

x=9/(4+2k),y=9k/(4+2k)

OP=(9/(4+2k))√(1+k2)

OQ=-(6/(2+k))√(1+k2)

lOP/OQl=l-(9/6)*(k+2)/(2k+4)l=3/4

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Pranavi !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

CHETAN MANDAYAM NAYAKAR

3 years ago

PO : OQ = 3:4

2y = -4x + 9

2y = -4x - 12

The y-intercepts of these two lines are +9/2 and -12/2, respectively. The origin divides the segment as

9:12 = 3:4

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir am satyajit from odisha i hv scord 78 in ds yer jee main and 63% in my board so my expected air will be nearly 3,50,000 ur site shows some probable nits for me is dat on d outer state...

Hi.. The data given by you is not complete.. Actuallt with this rank and marks percentage in the jee mains, if you belong to the general category, there are almost no chances to get into...
  img
Sakshi 2 days ago

It is difficult to get in NITs for this rank. Probably you may get in last round of allotments or in extraspot round but tough to get in starting rounds ofcounselling. All the best
  img
Avinash 2 days ago

Dear Satyajit, although very rare chance of getting into any NITs on the basis of any kind of reservation....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 days ago
i am expecting 190-200 jee main paper 2 and scored 94.45 in tamilnadu board exam. can i get architecture spa and nits?

Hi.. As per the scores you are describing, since your percentage is good, there are chances that you can get architecture in NITs. You can also try for other branches in other NITs also....
  img
Sakshi 15 days ago

No its difficult to get seat in SPA or NIT as you are very far from expected cutoff range.
  img
Avinash 15 days ago

Its difficult in getting selected in top university. there are many universities which provide you excellent placement,top infrastructure,desired course The top universities 1 BITS, Pilani...

abhinaipadachuru 14 days ago
if the error in the measurement of momentum of a particle is 10% and mass is known exactly,the permissible error in the determination of kinetic energy is

yes 21% u can apply calucus only when error is very small or less then 1 here error is 10% so by calucus u get 2*10 =20 which is wrong to do such problems first take P 1 =100 and calulate...

Nicho priyatham 21 days ago

i did not get it i am extemely sorry.i mean why should we put p=110

bidisha baruah 21 days ago

are u sure??the answer in my book is 21%

bidisha baruah 21 days ago
Sir my jee mains marks is 117 and percentile is 93.18 I am from obc category. Can I get any nit college? ??

Yes, definitely yes, due to your category benefit you can get it, and i may tell you that you have bright chances to get a seat at the following places too, try visiting the websites of –...

Soneel Verma 23 days ago

u can get a core branch in most of the nits since u’ve got a good percentile and also from OBC all the best

Prajwal Kavad 25 days ago
What are the most imp topics that we must master in all subjects

MATHS: CO-ORDINATE:- straight line, circle, locus. ALGEBRA:- complex no.,qudratic equation,probability,a.p.,g.p. CACULUS:-LIMIT,CONTINUTY,integration,application of calculus. Trigonometry...
  img
Sourabh Singh 11 months ago
My jee main was worse . Shld I consider dropping ?

U shld ask urself was it ur lack of study or a bad day and then decide . It is not a easy thing to drop . Hit approve if u got even a little help by my answer :) Thanks .

Drake 2 months ago

Yes I have seen many people getting uder 1000 after dropping . It depends on ur determination.

Drake 2 months ago

Sir it was really a bad day . It was not to happen . Do people succed in dropping ?

Trez Stunt 2 months ago
View all Questions »