DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

A straight line through the origin meets the parallel lines 4x+2y=9 and 2x+y+6=0 at P and Q respectively. Then the point O divides PQ in the ratio???

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Pranavi,

y=kx,(2+k)x=-6,

x=-6/(k+2),y=-6k(k+2),this is Q

now P:(4+2k)x=9

x=9/(4+2k),y=9k/(4+2k)

OP=(9/(4+2k))√(1+k2)

OQ=-(6/(2+k))√(1+k2)

lOP/OQl=l-(9/6)*(k+2)/(2k+4)l=3/4

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Pranavi !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

CHETAN MANDAYAM NAYAKAR

3 years ago

PO : OQ = 3:4

2y = -4x + 9

2y = -4x - 12

The y-intercepts of these two lines are +9/2 and -12/2, respectively. The origin divides the segment as

9:12 = 3:4

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

which is a better choice IIT DElhi Dual chemical or IIT roorkee mechnical in terms of exposer placeemnts and studies

IIT_R Mechanical is a core branch and you will enjoy learning it.
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

Both are at par, now, its upto you to make a choice what interests you the most and accordingly go ahead....on the other hand you can also compare and contrast some other educational...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago
i want to study biotechnology in IIT campus...should i write JEE-mains as well as JEE-advanced also..??

You need to prepare very soundly for Jeemains, and the content for the test is based on +2 subjects i.e. PCM nad do follow these tips –Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one ...

You need to write Jeemains first and if you did well then you may have to appear in Jeeadvanced and then pursue admission in a renowned institution, I may advise you to – Try to make out...

Soneel Verma one month ago

You need to write Jeemains first and if you did well then you may have to appear in Jeeadvanced and then pursue admission in a renowned institution, I may advise you to – Try to make out...

can i participate bin 2 nd round of counselling for branch upgradation if i accept seat allocated in first round..??

No once accepted a seat you are not eligible for further counselling Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

NO, If once chosen and selected, there can be no change, yes there is another way out if you are not happy with what you have then you may try at some other renowned institutions where...

Which branch Mechanical Or ECE better to study at DTU ? also i want 2 know which have better Govt.job ?plzzz help me

Govt. jobs are available for both the specialization. Prefer Mech.
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

DTU has earned a very good image in the field of quality education as well as better placements, so. it is definitely a good pick and as far as the question of branches lie, i must say that ...

ece also have better carrier in private sector but if u want goverment job machenical is good ,,,, PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my answer is use full for you so please just click on ...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya one month ago
sir please suggest any of good individual bio coaching classes for aiims and aipmt in indore mp sir please reply fast

Hi.. For the individual classes for AIPMT and AIIMS, you can register yourself at the askiitians website for coaching. We provide you enough study material as well as coaching from the...
  img
Sakshi 2 months ago
rank @ 595 score

Plz mention the examination name to which the rank is to be predicted of given score
  img
Avinash 29 days ago

Generally people get a rank within 500 in this score but since the paper this year for the retest was easier therefore you can expect a rank in 800-900s

Neeti 29 days ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details