Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

A straight line through the origin meets the parallel lines 4x+2y=9 and 2x+y+6=0 at P and Q respectively. Then the point O divides PQ in the ratio???

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Pranavi,

y=kx,(2+k)x=-6,

x=-6/(k+2),y=-6k(k+2),this is Q

now P:(4+2k)x=9

x=9/(4+2k),y=9k/(4+2k)

OP=(9/(4+2k))√(1+k2)

OQ=-(6/(2+k))√(1+k2)

lOP/OQl=l-(9/6)*(k+2)/(2k+4)l=3/4

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Pranavi !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

CHETAN MANDAYAM NAYAKAR

4 years ago

PO : OQ = 3:4

2y = -4x + 9

2y = -4x - 12

The y-intercepts of these two lines are +9/2 and -12/2, respectively. The origin divides the segment as

9:12 = 3:4

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

What is the top 20 percentile of Bihar board this year?

Hii this can be obtained at the official website of Either JEE or Bihar board secondary results
  img
Sourabh Singh 13 days ago
Is it worth dropping for JEE now? ItsJuly, JEE mains98(cutoff-100) AIR133000, 87.8%CBSE,messed up 12(preboards-31%)determined to work hard now, coaching tomorrow, didnt read since june1

You can continue for coaching from now onwards. its just starting...try hard and prepare like 300 days you have... Follow a time table, strict to the plans and strategy and go forward.
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

@ yatinder havenot u got any iiit this year , even if their seat will vacant , they can take unqualified student also , and yes , its worth dropping as your scores are good , but do...

Umakant biswal one month ago

hi yatinder i think dropping a year is not a bad idea for you. this s because you are very near to cuoff this year and you have also got good marks in your cbse exams. but you should be...

SAHIL one month ago
Which is better for self study..... Amit m agarwall or ml khanna

@ SALONI iF U ARE talking about jee main level , then amit m agarwal is good , but if u want to score a good rank in advanced , then better take ml khanna , as it explains each and every...

Umakant biswal one month ago
I Got 6266 Rank in IIT Exam 2015. Will i get anything in 1 st round of Counceling? and suppose if i dont get? Will it still allow me to sit for 2 nd round? Furthermore can you please...

Dear Student, Yes you will be allowed to seat, You can edit or filll the fresh preference for 2 nd round. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago

No, Its not possibile to change the courses instead the branch change may be possible. Thanks.
  img

Normally the information is circulated internally. Thanks.
  img
Plz explain Assembler , Compiler, interperter, nonprocedural language, structured software and object oriented software??

Assembler- A computer program that takes computer instructions and converts them into a pattern of bits that the computer can understand and perform by it certain operations. Compiler- This ...
  img
Navjyot Kalra 7 years ago
hey i m greatttt fan of leonardo's art work ..can somebody tell the details of his famous The Last Supper Painting ???? Plz Give the list of his other famous work. thanx!!l

"The Last Supper" one of leonardo famous painting was commissioned by the Duke of Milan who wanted to make his town grander. Leonardo Da Vinci experimented with this painting by...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 7 years ago

THE LAST SUPPER

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 7 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

• View Details