A straight line through the origin meets the parallel lines 4x+2y=9 and 2x+y+6=0 at P and Q respectively. Then the point O divides PQ in the ratio???

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Pranavi,

y=kx,(2+k)x=-6,

x=-6/(k+2),y=-6k(k+2),this is Q

now P:(4+2k)x=9

x=9/(4+2k),y=9k/(4+2k)

OP=(9/(4+2k))√(1+k2)

OQ=-(6/(2+k))√(1+k2)

lOP/OQl=l-(9/6)*(k+2)/(2k+4)l=3/4

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Pranavi !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

CHETAN MANDAYAM NAYAKAR

3 years ago

PO : OQ = 3:4

2y = -4x + 9

2y = -4x - 12

The y-intercepts of these two lines are +9/2 and -12/2, respectively. The origin divides the segment as

9:12 = 3:4

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
when should i complete my 11 th syllabus so that i cn start 12 th syllabus ?????

Please mention your current status like which topics you have done, which exam and college you are aiming at. If you are in 12 th and aiming at IIT-JEE 11 th class syllabus should have been...
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 months ago

By november

Atreyi Mukherjee 2 months ago
sir, Can you please tell me how to apply for tensors 2014,

Hello Student, Go to the website tensor.in and follow the instructions. We at askiitians also have a full fledge testseries providibg you a set of full styllabus test for both jee mains and...
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

Visit our website to buy all india test-series provided by askiitians:- http://www.askiitians.com/packages/PackageDetail.aspx?packageID=17 Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

sir how can i attend the full test series of ask iitians

AJAY PILLAI K 2 months ago
hi, iam pragdheesh of class XII. iam willing to write the jee exam for the year 2015. there are two exams (B. E./B. Tech) and (B.E.Arch/B.E.Planning). is it fine to write, how is the course...

B.Arch is usually taken by students with a deep interest in Engineering drawing and related fields like automobile designing, architecture, etc. and is preferred by a lower number of...
  img
Ravi 15 days ago

That is totally upto you. If you are comfortable with the online paper, you can go for the online test also. If not, then only choice left is offline test. There is not much of a difference...
  img
Ravi 14 days ago

how about the next quwstion – Which option to be opted for writting the exam online/offline. Give your suggesstions.?

pragdheesh 15 days ago
Is solving hall and knight completely for algebra sufficient for jee main and advanced 2015??

Hi, Yes. Solving any specific book on JEE Advanced completely is sufficient for JEE Mains as well as Advanced. But remember you must completely understand each problem. At last to check your...
  img
Yash Baheti 4 days ago

thank u sir..

vineet chatterjee 2 days ago
my AIR IS 253683…. state rank is 8098 ...my state rank under OBC-NCL category is 3690 ...will i gaetNIT Trichy ??...if not wat NIT will i get for eee or ece??

Sorry You will not get any NIT and IIITs and CFTI as per 2013 allocation. You can go for branch and college predictor on dctm.edu.in. All the best and Good wishes !

Prof Vivek Kumar 4 months ago
sir this year i am giving ntse exam...but i am not taking classes for it...so sir kaise prepare karna hoga..

Most of thing will come from your school syllabus. First, you should focus on the school study, plus there is a book for NTSE exam by Tata Mcgraw hill. You should focus on the book as well....
  img
Jitender Singh 5 months ago
View all Questions »