Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

A straight line through the origin meets the parallel lines 4x+2y=9 and 2x+y+6=0 at P and Q respectively. Then the point O divides PQ in the ratio???

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Pranavi,

y=kx,(2+k)x=-6,

x=-6/(k+2),y=-6k(k+2),this is Q

now P:(4+2k)x=9

x=9/(4+2k),y=9k/(4+2k)

OP=(9/(4+2k))√(1+k2)

OQ=-(6/(2+k))√(1+k2)

lOP/OQl=l-(9/6)*(k+2)/(2k+4)l=3/4

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Pranavi !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

CHETAN MANDAYAM NAYAKAR

4 years ago

PO : OQ = 3:4

2y = -4x + 9

2y = -4x - 12

The y-intercepts of these two lines are +9/2 and -12/2, respectively. The origin divides the segment as

9:12 = 3:4

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Sir is it possible to add more choices after each round of counseling? If possible then how?

Not possibile.
  img
Vijay Mukati 7 months ago

Mind you, if once a seat has been allocated from the backend by Josaa, there can be nochnge of choice at all. Be contended with what has been offered or else try at some other places where...

Soneel Verma 7 months ago

once you lock your choices ….... it is not possible to change your choices then............................

Mohit Kumar 19 days ago
HELLO there, I am studying in10th grade CBSE and I really want to go for IIT even though I don't have much knowledge about what is IIT, I wanted to know what should I take in my11 and 12,...

IIT mains and advance required to get seat in IIT. Please share your contact details so that we can guide you one on one in a better way.
  img
Harsh Patodia yesterday

to get into iit firts you have to qualify jee mains to become eligible for jee advanced which is required to get into iits

Mohit Kumar yesterday
I am thinking of buying IIT previous years papers book. Can anyone suggest me which ones are better. I came across two names - MTG And Arihant. Also suggest me which of the following is...

Dear Student, You can choose arihant publication for both. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 22 days ago

Sir*. I am sorry I didn't see your name. Can you tell me In what areas/aspects are each of them better than the others ? ​

Manav Mehta 20 days ago

Thanks a lot for your suggestion sir/ma'am. I would be thankful if you could mention the differences been them. ​

Manav Mehta 20 days ago
the pair of compound which cant exist together-NaHCO3 and NaOH....WHY

Because of some reasons it will happened please virefy the book named as chemical reactions and search for it please

Prabhakar ch 9 days ago
can you please upload AIIMS 2014 and AIIMS 2015 Question papers

Dear Students, It will be uploaded soon. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago

kindly go through the cbse website for the same.. otherwise u can google it out.. else visit meritnation.com there u will get it...

Umakant biswal 2 months ago
i want to get 350 marks in BITSAT 2015 i just wanted to know the main topics to cover that

Important topics for BITSAT – Chemistry Most important chapters Chemical bonding Atomic structure p-block elements Carboxylic acid and its derivatves Mole concepts Biomolecules...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off