A straight line through the origin meets the parallel lines 4x+2y=9 and 2x+y+6=0 at P and Q respectively. Then the point O divides PQ in the ratio???

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Pranavi,

y=kx,(2+k)x=-6,

x=-6/(k+2),y=-6k(k+2),this is Q

now P:(4+2k)x=9

x=9/(4+2k),y=9k/(4+2k)

OP=(9/(4+2k))√(1+k2)

OQ=-(6/(2+k))√(1+k2)

lOP/OQl=l-(9/6)*(k+2)/(2k+4)l=3/4

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Pranavi !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

CHETAN MANDAYAM NAYAKAR

2 years ago

PO : OQ = 3:4

2y = -4x + 9

2y = -4x - 12

The y-intercepts of these two lines are +9/2 and -12/2, respectively. The origin divides the segment as

9:12 = 3:4

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Sir, -How rank is decided in jee advanced? -Is it decided only on marks that we get in jee advanced paper?

It’s decided solely on the basis of the marks you secure on the JEE Advanced paper. Thanks & Regards Aziz Alam IIT Roorkee askIITians
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
is optandon for – physical chemistry morrison and boyd for – organic chemistry ml khanna for- mathematics hc verma for – physics

dear student http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx , read this article you will find all the good books mentioned , it will be very helpful for you.
  img
Sher Mohammad one month ago
what is the selection procedure for iit jee 2015 exam????

There has been speculation going around that JEE Mains and JEE Advanced will merged from 2015. If that is the case,then one has to clear one exam.If the present system is followed then...
  img
Aziz Alam one month ago
for cse branch which college is best among 1) sgsits 2)manit bhopal 3) iet-davv 4) medicaps

Hello student, All these colleges are good in various aspects, However, if you still need to know which one is the best, here is the order: 1. MANIT Bhopal is undoubtedly one of the best...
  img
Latika Leekha one month ago
Sir I am getting 163 in advanced 200 in mains 333 in BITSAT and 97.8 in 12 th Please advice me what to choose I am OBC

Hi Roshan You would definitely get good branch in one of the old IITs. So you should go for it. Good Luck! Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago

Sir Can you suggest me preference of IITS with branch. I am from Kerala Roshan

Roshan 2 months ago
how to prepare for bitsat?there are a lot of online test series available online.please suggest me which will be the best option that is best online practice test series for bitsat.

Dear student, Every exam has a different pedagogy for its preparation. We have customised packages for BIT Sat and other engineerig examinations. We would like to suggest that you give our...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 4 days ago

Dear student, There is a Program for Bit Sat. Please get in touch with the academics or sales department and they would be able to help you. We have a regular program as well as a customised...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 3 days ago

Sir, I am already an enrolled student in askiitians for iit jee 2015.please tell me is there any program or test series for bitsat also? Regards, Vineet

vineet chatterjee 3 days ago
View all Questions »