I am currently studying in class 9 in an ICSE affiliated school.My problem is that recently, I had opted for NTSE 2011, but on viewing the syllabus, I saw that it completely matches with the CBSE syllabus, but some topics like "Development of food sources(Biology)" were not matching with my ICSE syllabus. So I forfeited the exam.

I want to ask that what should I do, if in future I opt for any other competitive exam and find this type of difference in syllabus?

Also, can anyone please suggest me any other competitive/talent search exam which is based on the ICSE syllabus, so that I can opt for it instead of NTSE?

Thank you in advance

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

EDIT: Sorry I stated that exam NTSE, it should be FNSTSE(FIITJEE National Talent Search Exam).

3 years ago

Dear Pratap,

If something is not included in your school syllabus, you can purchase a suitable book on the topic(there are plenty of them catering to IITJEE),and learn through self-study.

Coming to your second question, FIITJEE has its own version of the NTSE exam, in which those who perform well in their exam are awarded scholarships irrespective of whether or not they join a FIITJEE course. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Pratap !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

CHETAN MANDAYAM NAYAKAR

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
For sets A and B, let f : A to B and g : B to A be functions such that f(g(x)) = x for each x. For each statement below, write whether it is TRUE or FALSE. a) The function f must be...

Hii I have listed down the answers for the given question A) YES B) YES C) YES D) YES …........... . . . . . . . . . . . .
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago
I am a foreign citizenship holder.(Tanzanian). Is there a foreigner’s quota for admissions in IIT ? Which IITs give such quota and in which fields ? How much rank is good enough to get...

Yes of course, there is NRI reservation scheme in IIT-JEE. Please check the prospectus once, You will get whole info.. Good...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

@saurabh kumar can u please give the link of the prospectus ? i cant find it oline ? thanks ! -ayush.

Ayush Mehta one month ago

@saurabh kumar can u please give the link of the prospectus ? i cant find it oline ? thanks ! -ayush.

Ayush Mehta one month ago
which is the best IIT JEE Online coaching center?

IIT JEE Online an initiative by Educationists and Professors with over 300+ man-years of experience in training students for the JEE and similar examinations. Over the last 20 years this...

Link Manager 2 months ago

iitjeeonline.com is one of the best coaching center with the experienced lectures.

Link Manager 2 months ago
I have a score of 347 in JEE Mains and 98% in CBSE Boards will I be able to achieve AIR-1 ?

actually....think abt those people who are nt even qualified in mains....i suggest u to b calm n wait 4 d results....fame is just like a shining rust,it stays 4 only smtime.........i beleive...

sushmasree 7 months ago

No surity for air 1 but u will be sure about in top 10 air . Please give suggestions gor your bitsat prepeation

Sachin Bhutani 7 months ago

By posting such a question one can easily judge your character .. Anyway you wont get what you want

shyam shenoi 7 months ago
sir i'am in PU-2.my PU-1 percentage was 97.75 .now i'am really confused and unable to plan the things in well manner.Sir if i sincerely put efforts now "Will I be able to click iit"please...

Hi Sohail, Congratulations on getting such a good percentage. For IITJEE, you should be regular, study at least 6 hrs daily, all 3 subjects daily. Also practice a lot Learn all formulas by...

Askiitian.Expert Rajat 5 years ago
sir , i got AIR 58000 and HS rank 1500 (rajasthan) and belongs to SC category . can i get CSE in MNIT jaipur or NITT or NITW or else ??

Hi, Please see that last years opening and cloasing ranks for NITs. You will have a better idea. But I think NIT JP CS is a bit far for you. Try our college and branch predictor. This will...
  img
Yash Baheti 5 months ago

@yash , i m in SC category and there HS quota apply . so ???

keshav verma 5 months ago

What rank will be considered for allotment? AIR or HS?

rajath 5 months ago
View all Questions »