DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

I am currently studying in class 9 in an ICSE affiliated school.My problem is that recently, I had opted for NTSE 2011, but on viewing the syllabus, I saw that it completely matches with the CBSE syllabus, but some topics like "Development of food sources(Biology)" were not matching with my ICSE syllabus. So I forfeited the exam.

I want to ask that what should I do, if in future I opt for any other competitive exam and find this type of difference in syllabus?

Also, can anyone please suggest me any other competitive/talent search exam which is based on the ICSE syllabus, so that I can opt for it instead of NTSE?

Thank you in advance

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

EDIT: Sorry I stated that exam NTSE, it should be FNSTSE(FIITJEE National Talent Search Exam).

3 years ago

Dear Pratap,

If something is not included in your school syllabus, you can purchase a suitable book on the topic(there are plenty of them catering to IITJEE),and learn through self-study.

Coming to your second question, FIITJEE has its own version of the NTSE exam, in which those who perform well in their exam are awarded scholarships irrespective of whether or not they join a FIITJEE course. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Pratap !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

CHETAN MANDAYAM NAYAKAR

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Sir I`m a bit confused, in counseling process, if I get the stream I put on top, is it mandatory that I have to go for it and I cannot choose the steams I put at the bottom even if I get it?

no , you have choices to chose from them, order is just for the sake of your preference, but you can select which ever course(whether its in top or bottom) if you meet the eligibility...

Prajwal Kavad one month ago

No its not like that, it is just a matter of your choice ….did you get that bracnh which interests you the most?if not...then you may go for joining another leading institution where...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago
please can somebody tell me when and how to apply for international olympiad i want to appear for olympiad in year 2015 or 16 i am in 12 th now.

Please refer to its website for the compelete procedure and eligibility criteria. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

if u want to apply for international olympiads then visit- " sofworld.org " u will find all details about international olympiads it will be conducted through school. so ask your school...

vindhya one month ago
i got ism mechanic is it gud

sorry last answer was incomplete ….. ism is one of the best institute of our country and machenical is a good scope branch ...so go for it ….….….... PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya one month ago

No doubt ISM Dhanbad is a very good pick and mechanical has got a very good scope, still if you are a bit doubtful, then go for virtual survey of the top rated institutions and visit their...

yes ism is one of the best ind

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya one month ago
how to prep gk

Start with Lucent’s General Knowledge.
  img
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago

Try to familiar with current affairs.

Adarsh 2 months ago
seat allotment in nits for sc category students is done on the the basis of overall air or category air ? I hav got overall air 157716 and category air 6355 can get admission in nit...

Well....I generally don’t prefer suggesting a student to drop a year, you could have worked hard in your first attempt only and to talk about allocation of seats criteria, let me tell you...

this is the confusion for most of the category students so let me make it clear that the CRL rank is considered for seat allotement and the category rank has nothing to do with seat...

Akshit Matthew one month ago

Brother I also belong to SC

Akshit Matthew one month ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!