• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: Exclusive40

what is probability?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Probability is the chance that something will happen, there are two kinds of probability, theoretical and experimental. Theoretical probability is based on a sample or repeated trials of the experiment. The experimental probability is given by: 
OR
Theoretical probability:
When all outcomes are equally likely the theoretical probability of an event is the ratio of the number of favorable outcomes to the number of possible outcomes.
In math the definition for probability is: a numerical measure of the likelihood of occurrence of an event. EX. You want to take a blue marble from a bag containing 1 blue marble and 5 red marbles is 1 in 5 or 20%.

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER IF YOU LIKED IT!!

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

sir, i am only doing aakash study material. Am i going right or i should pick up some book. tell me what expected rank would i get after doing aakash sheets fully in jee main and jee...

Dear, with my experience of three different institutions, i found no offline coaching institutes can provides solution concept of each and every paper.. Now, i am with askIITians.com, the...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 11 months ago

They’ll definitely provide whole stuff regarding JEE and cover all types of problems and techniques but the faculty teaching may vary from institute to institute. You can have other...
  img
Avinash 11 months ago

Aksah Institute has earned an image after a heavy toll so if they need to keep it maintained and also to enhance it, then they need to strive hard for the same, thus keeping in mind these...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago
sir my jee mains marks are 94 and board 95.4 percentage OBC catogery.pl.appro. JEE rank

Your rank will be around 35k-40k. With this rank you can try for private institutes like SRM, Thapar, UPES, Nirma Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad  , BITs etc.

Natasha Roy one month ago

Dear Student, with this rank and your reserved category, it may be that you are able to get a chance at any of the NITs but you will have to wait for the cutoff list and then only anything...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago

YOUR APPROX AIR WILL BE NEAR ABOUT 35000-4000 BEST OF LUCK FOR FUTURE. VISIT WEBSITE DAILY FOR LASTEST NEWS REGARDING JEE REGARDS SAHIL

SAHIL one month ago
When will i get the omr sheets of online exam on 9 april 2016

Dear student, You can check ur answers that u marked in ur account only just after the exam but official answer is not yet out it will be out once the result is declared only Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

Dear student, You may get if after some time from now...you will get notifaction on jee mains official website Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago

i want to knoe like last year the online exam held on 10 april then when did they get the question paper. On some Websites it is written tht it will be given with the result i.e. on 18...

Geetesh Gupta 2 months ago
Please give me the preference order for the following: DTU Chemical engg, DTU environmental engg, DTU Engineering Physics, Thapar COE+MBA (dual degree), Thapar Civil engg, Thapar...

GIve the preference according to branches as ec ee mech civil chem etc., so as colleges according to rankings. Prefer Manipal ECE to DTU or Thapar
  img
Avinash 11 months ago
I have got 85 marks in jee adv ,150 marks in jee mains and 92%in cbse board ..please let me know the best colleges i can get admission in?

In GEN Cat.. NO chance for IITs.. Even very very rare chances to be in NITs or IITs.. But try IIIT Delhi, IISER....or IIST.. or BSc Hons at IISc Banglore....a good one..
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

Dear Friend, getting a seat in an NIT/IIT seems to be a far off dream, you can simply seek admission in some chosen private highly reputed institutions where there is no compromise with...

Aneesh Sehgal 24 days ago
which is better either bit mesra or nits like agartala,sikkim,,srinagar, manipur,assam,,arunachal pradesh ???

I personally know about the BIT Mesra. The placements are very good there. Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago

I would suggest that you must plan a virtual tour of official websites of all the aforementioned institutions and get to know the detailed informaion about relevant issues like – admission...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off