DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

what is probability?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Probability is the chance that something will happen, there are two kinds of probability, theoretical and experimental. Theoretical probability is based on a sample or repeated trials of the experiment. The experimental probability is given by: 
OR
Theoretical probability:
When all outcomes are equally likely the theoretical probability of an event is the ratio of the number of favorable outcomes to the number of possible outcomes.
In math the definition for probability is: a numerical measure of the likelihood of occurrence of an event. EX. You want to take a blue marble from a bag containing 1 blue marble and 5 red marbles is 1 in 5 or 20%.

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER IF YOU LIKED IT!!

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A unit vector in xy-plane that makes an angle of 45(degree) with the vector i(cap)+j(cap) and an angle of tan(inverse)(4/5) with the vector 3(icap)-4(jcap) is...

Hii Use dot product in each case to find out the magnitude of respective axis values. Two conditions are given and so we have two variables to find out which is very easy to find now Thanks
  img
Sourabh Singh 7 months ago

Thankyou........!

Pritesh 7 months ago
A block is resting on a horizontal plate in the xy plane and the coefficient of friction between block and plate is μ. The plate begins to move with velocity v = bt 2 in x -direction. At...

Hi yash! as the plate begins to move frictional force acts on the block along the direction of velocity to prevent relative motion. when the force exceed the maximum static friction the...

PRATYUSH MISHRA 5 months ago

no not yet yash I am a student of class 11

PRATYUSH MISHRA 5 months ago

are you studying in an iit

yash 5 months ago
How much in an hour would 40 cents a minute be?

Hmm... 40*60/(1/unit of cash in cents): -24 Dollars -48 Half Dollars -96 Quarters -240 Dimes -480 Nickels -2400 Cents -371.67 Pesos -$2.40 an hour -My Net worth -The budget for Plan 9 From...

TEJKIRAT SINGH one month ago

Hmm... 40*60/(1/unit of cash in cents): -24 Dollars -48 Half Dollars -96 Quarters -240 Dimes -480 Nickels -2400 Cents -371.67 Pesos -$2.40 an hour -My Net worth -The budget for Plan 9 From...

vikas yadav one month ago
Pls tell me the most scoring topics each in Physics, Chemistry and Maths for IIT JEE

in chemistry atomic structure,chemical bonding ,classification of elements ,acids and bases

pogula sumanth one year ago

IN Maths straight lines,integrals,trigonometric equations,derivatives

lokesh palingi one year ago

In maths straight lines , derivatives

nynesh one year ago
Respected Sir, I have one problem in permutation and combination. Hope you will help. My question is : " In how many ways we can arrange the letters of the word ‘ TEACHER ’ such that no two...

For the given word ‘TEACHER’, we have 3 vowels(V), in which 2 are distinct, and 4 consonants(C). Now we have to arrange them in such a way that vowels are never together. On interpreting the...

Yash Jain 12 days ago

There are total 7 lettersout of which 3 are vowels among which 2 are repeated first the total numbers of cases are 7!/2 (bcz 2 ltrs rptd) now let us caculate the number with vowels to gather...

Hemanth Sai 12 days ago
I 've just finished writing my 10th grade CBSE Board Exams and I m really confused whether to take PCMB or PCMC? I really love Science, but I don’t like Maths much, even though I score high...

Take up PCMC. It will help you in your career.
  img
Raheema Javed 23 days ago

I had suggest PCMC Hit approve if u got even a little help by my answer :) Thanks .

Drake 4 days ago

pccmc is the choise i sugest.

shubham sharda 6 days ago
View all Questions »