• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: asksch20

what is probability?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Probability is the chance that something will happen, there are two kinds of probability, theoretical and experimental. Theoretical probability is based on a sample or repeated trials of the experiment. The experimental probability is given by: 
OR
Theoretical probability:
When all outcomes are equally likely the theoretical probability of an event is the ratio of the number of favorable outcomes to the number of possible outcomes.
In math the definition for probability is: a numerical measure of the likelihood of occurrence of an event. EX. You want to take a blue marble from a bag containing 1 blue marble and 5 red marbles is 1 in 5 or 20%.

PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER IF YOU LIKED IT!!

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

which is the best iit foundation book for class 9? i got many books from amazon but all are good i think so. i am really very confused anyone please suggest me the best iit foundation book...

@ ayudi i would prfer askiitian more , see in all of the rest publication , u will get only some concept , and some questions for practice , but in askiitian , u have many more facility at...

Umakant biswal one month ago
Two moles of hydrogen are compressed adiabatically from N.T.P. condition to occupy a volume of 4.48 ltrs . calculate the final pressure and temperature;y for hydrogen = 1.41 .

@ mohammed i am giving the correct approach to solve this question . use the equation PV= NRT HERE . N = 2moles r = 0.0821 at n.t.p t =273 k v = 4.48 P = nrt/ v 2*0.0821*273 / 4.48 44.8266/ ...

Umakant biswal 7 days ago
Is there any combined book which contains theory as well as numericals of physical organic & inorganic chemistry?

Hi Please go to the below mentioned link on our website http://www.askiitians.com/important-books-iit-jee.aspx Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora yesterday

@ aryan for physical follow the following books 1- ncert chemistry – usually suff for theory part 2- physical chemistry by r c mukharjee ( if u are gng to give medical entrances ) 3-...

Umakant biswal yesterday
Dear Sir/Madam what are concepts in JEE MAINS we can expect a question every year in all subjects

simple + conceptual

Gman Namg one year ago

Conceptual

Vasanth Bhaskara one year ago
I got 170 marks in b arch without drawing. I belong to obc category Nd girls category. Can I get seat in any nit

Dear student, Pls check opening and closing rank of college and branch that you want to take admission in on its official website
  img
Nishant Vora 4 months ago

please check opening and closing ranks of nit.then you will get clear idea about this rankings.thank you.

NARAYANA 4 months ago
Sir my jee mains Score is 58 and Jee advance rank is prepadotory sc rank is 1509 And 12th % is 62 can i get in vnit and iits

@ abhishek I am sorry , u cannot get good iit withis rank , but lower iit may be possible like IIT BBSR , IIT MANDI , IIT TIRUPATI , ETC .. but u can get seat in nit , still there are some...

Umakant biswal one month ago

DEAR ABHISHEK, CONGRATULATIONS TO GET THIS RANK AND SOME WHAT DIFFICULT TO GET IITS OR VNIT BUT IF LUCK IS THERE THEN YOU WILL BE HAPPY.

SAI SARDAR one month ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off