Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: Exclusive40

is i e irodov is must for jee ? which book can use instead of irodov ?

what are the books i should follow in iitjee preparation in PCM ? is TMH good for maths? should i follow ML Khanna? I am not finding HC Verma suitable for theory? what should i do?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear geetashree das,

I suggest following books for IIT JEE preparation:

Physics

• MECHANICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• Resnick and Halliday

• ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

• Resnick and Halliday

• Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith
    • Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• OPTICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• MODERN PHYSICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

• HEAT AND WAVES

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Resnick and Halliday

Chemistry

• ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• Morrison & Boyd

• Solutions to Morrison Boyd

• Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ± Chawla

• INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• NCERT Inorganic Chemistry

• Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee

• IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

• GENERAL CHEMISTRY

• J.D. Lee

• O.P. Aggarwal

• R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

• ALGEBRA

• High school mathematics by Hall and Knight

• IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

• CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY

• G.N.Berman

• Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney

• Coordinate geometry by Loney

• I.A.Maron

• VECTORS

All the very best & good luck to you...

Hope this helped you immensely...

Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-Madras

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below....!!Smile

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Hi , My rank in the OBC NCL list is 15380 , what are the courses that I can get in NIT trichy or any other NITs ? Thank you

I will suggest you to visit the official website of JEE main to look for the opening and closing rank for previous year of different rounds. All the statistic is available there. Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukati 11 months ago

To get a complete view and a detailed information regarding your stature you need to visit the official weblink of JEE Mains and you may be able to find out the exact stature of yours,...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago
sir my jee mains marks are 94 and board 95.4 percentage OBC catogery.pl.appro. JEE rank

Your rank will be around 35k-40k. With this rank you can try for private institutes like SRM, Thapar, UPES, Nirma Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad  , BITs etc.

Natasha Roy one month ago

Dear Student, with this rank and your reserved category, it may be that you are able to get a chance at any of the NITs but you will have to wait for the cutoff list and then only anything...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago

YOUR APPROX AIR WILL BE NEAR ABOUT 35000-4000 BEST OF LUCK FOR FUTURE. VISIT WEBSITE DAILY FOR LASTEST NEWS REGARDING JEE REGARDS SAHIL

SAHIL one month ago
I have got BIT Mesra-Production Engg...in Josaa 3 rd round..how is it...?.should i take it..or wait for 4 th round...in which i can get nit nagpur-(mining engg..)...which is better...??

BIT Mesra is quite good and it has earned a very good image in the field of education as wellas better placements, if you are not satisfied then you may wait for the next round, but there...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 11 months ago

Did you ge4t in somewhere or not? if not then consider trying at – BIT Mesra,..........................LOvely Professional Uni, Phagwara,......................Jabalpur college of Engg,...

Soneel Verma 11 months ago

How is nit calicut..??i myt get biotech in 4 th round......is it better than bit mesa...???

Rahul Attrey 11 months ago
Sir, I have got 130 marks in JEE main and expecting 94-95% in CBSE boards. I have also got a rank in 9500’s in VIT and 135 marks in Manipal. Can you please tell me what options I may have...

u must go with cse or IT through VIT it has good carier scope THANKS AND PLEASE ..... if u like my answer and my answer is helpfull full for you so please just click on approve button...

Krishna Bondriya one month ago

Dear Friend, as far as the comparison of VIT, Vellore,........Manipal,.........SRM,...........LPU is concerned, I can only say this that tnhey all are equally good in regards of quality...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago
Sir I want to ask u that my 11th syllabus is not fully covered bcaz of some reason to crack alpmt what I should do? Plz help me

Firstly prepare those chaptes which have been covered. And if the time remains, then you can ask your faculty or friends to explain you the important topics/chapters from the remaining...
  img
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
i am securing 400000 rank. can i eligible for admission in NIT

@ biswajeet No, u cannot take admission in nit with this rank . and if there are some catagory attached to your name , then u might give it a try , go for iiit if they can take as vacant...

Umakant biswal -50 minutes ago

I am sorry to say but it is not possible to get into NITs with this rank. So, it would be better that you should try for some state colleges or some private colleges.

Mukund Khandelwal -36 minutes ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off