DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

what is the expected pattern of exam for iit-jee 2012? will there be pen and paper exam instead of objective

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear pavan kumar,

There has been news that IIT-JEE will have a totally new pattern in 2012 .

IIT-JEE TO BE TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE FROM 2011?

After experimenting with the single, multiple choice questions (MCQ)-based JEE test format for years, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) propose to return to the old system of screening aspirants at two levels to weed out “unmanageable” candidates taking the exam every year. This year, 4.5 lakh candidates took JEE for 10,000 seats.
For the final entry to the technical institutes, aspirants who clear the first level of screening- comprising Class XII board exams and national aptitude test – would have to write an exam featuring long questions that demand reasoning ability from the students. This format would potentially prohibit the coaching industry, believes the IIT-JEE reform panel set up this February, to draft reforms for the entry to IITs and other technical institutes in India.

PATTERN TO BE REVIVED IN 2011-2012?

In the draft report (not final till vetted by IIT directors, IIT Council and the National Institute of Technology Council) submitted to the HRD ministry, the committee has proposed that the final exam for the entry to IITs should be in paper-pencil format instead of the optical response sheet pattern and questions should be such as demand long, reasoned answers. IITs, which shifted to fully objective type question banks in 2006, are finding it hard to cope with the results that fetch them coached students with meager intellect.
For short-listing students in initial screening, the panel backs 70 per cent weightage to Class XII boards and 30 per cent to the national aptitude test which will assess the student’s general knowledge, logic and communication skills. This on-line test would be allowed three times in a year. The candidate’s best score would be final.

IIT JEE TO HAVE MAINS AND PRELIMS FROM NEXT YEAR?

Speaking to The Tribune, Prof MS Ananth, Director, IIT Madras, and member, IIT-JEE reform panel, said today that the report submitted to the ministry was only a draft and would be presented before the IIT directors in July before it goes to IIT and NIT councils.
Meanwhile, Kapil Sibal told The Tribune that the draft report recommendations were only indicative in nature and were not final. “We will have to take this to state education ministers. Also, wider debate is required on whether we need add-on exams.”

Hope this information helped you immensely..

Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-Madras

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on 'Yes" given below...!!Smile

4 years ago

dear pavan kumar,

there will be the same pattern as it was last year.... do not feel so tensed about the paper....

all the best......

plz. approve my answer by clicking 'yes' given below.... plz. plz./ plz.//////

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

I got mechanical branch in IIT PALAKKAD in round 1.But i want to wait for next rounds for better IITS,then what should i do?Is it possible?

If you are allotted IIT Pallakad, then you have to register and submit the fee, but if you want to attend recounselling, then you have to left the college..then you do not know, what would...
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

Rest assured as IIT Palakkad has earned a very good image as far as quality education and placements are concerned, where as if you are not satisfied with Mechanical stream let me tell you...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago

Select Floating option i.e you will retain current alocated branch and also eligible for 2 nd and 3 rd round. you can have idea about first round cutoff for deferent branches and colleges....

Rahat S one month ago
I am getting cse at nit trichy ,warangal and surathkal plz suggest me which of these should i opt?

I suggest that you should not underestimate any of these institutions, rather try to visit the official websites of all the three and then try to check out the status as per –...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 months ago

in my opinion nit warangal is best in all aspects campus , faculty , placements etc so i prefer nit warangal cse rather than trichy or surathkal also u will get good environment in warangal ...

ng29 2 months ago

it will b very helpful if u enlist some differences b/w these 2 so that i have a clear mindset of opting any 1 of above 3

VIKASH KUMAR CHOUDHARY 2 months ago
got 15321 rank in jee advance 2015 passed AAT please suggest a branch that i can get in any iit also concider b arch as an option and the odds to get that branch jee main rank 35000 , would ...

Yes there are pretty good chances for you to get a seat, still you must visit the official weblink of Jeemains to check the current status there and let me tell you that there are some...

Ayushmaan Vardhan one month ago

Dude go for zonel IIT’s only and I think that you may get one of them but if no zonel than take the NIT’s

Akshit Matthew one month ago
Who is the oldest player to be ranked no.1 in world man's tennis??????????/

Andre Kirk Agassi (born April 29, 1970) is a former world's no. 1 professional Armenian American tennis player who won eight Grand Slam singles tournaments and an Olympic Gold Medal in...

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert 6 years ago
LET a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h be distinct elements in set {-7,-5,-3,-2,2,4,6,13} . then the minimum possible value of {a+b+c+d} 2 + {e+f+g+h} 2 is........?

Dear rahul let a+b+c+d =x and e+f+g+h =y then x+y =8 so (x+y) 2 =x 2 +y 2 +2xy x 2 +y 2 = (x+y) 2 - 2xy =64- 2xy we know (x+y)/2 ≥ √xy xy ≤16 we can use this enequality when x...

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 5 years ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details