Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: MOB20

what is the expected pattern of exam for iit-jee 2012? will there be pen and paper exam instead of objective

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear pavan kumar,

There has been news that IIT-JEE will have a totally new pattern in 2012 .

IIT-JEE TO BE TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE FROM 2011?

After experimenting with the single, multiple choice questions (MCQ)-based JEE test format for years, the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) propose to return to the old system of screening aspirants at two levels to weed out “unmanageable” candidates taking the exam every year. This year, 4.5 lakh candidates took JEE for 10,000 seats.
For the final entry to the technical institutes, aspirants who clear the first level of screening- comprising Class XII board exams and national aptitude test – would have to write an exam featuring long questions that demand reasoning ability from the students. This format would potentially prohibit the coaching industry, believes the IIT-JEE reform panel set up this February, to draft reforms for the entry to IITs and other technical institutes in India.

PATTERN TO BE REVIVED IN 2011-2012?

In the draft report (not final till vetted by IIT directors, IIT Council and the National Institute of Technology Council) submitted to the HRD ministry, the committee has proposed that the final exam for the entry to IITs should be in paper-pencil format instead of the optical response sheet pattern and questions should be such as demand long, reasoned answers. IITs, which shifted to fully objective type question banks in 2006, are finding it hard to cope with the results that fetch them coached students with meager intellect.
For short-listing students in initial screening, the panel backs 70 per cent weightage to Class XII boards and 30 per cent to the national aptitude test which will assess the student’s general knowledge, logic and communication skills. This on-line test would be allowed three times in a year. The candidate’s best score would be final.

IIT JEE TO HAVE MAINS AND PRELIMS FROM NEXT YEAR?

Speaking to The Tribune, Prof MS Ananth, Director, IIT Madras, and member, IIT-JEE reform panel, said today that the report submitted to the ministry was only a draft and would be presented before the IIT directors in July before it goes to IIT and NIT councils.
Meanwhile, Kapil Sibal told The Tribune that the draft report recommendations were only indicative in nature and were not final. “We will have to take this to state education ministers. Also, wider debate is required on whether we need add-on exams.”

Hope this information helped you immensely..

Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-Madras

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on 'Yes" given below...!!Smile

4 years ago

dear pavan kumar,

there will be the same pattern as it was last year.... do not feel so tensed about the paper....

all the best......

plz. approve my answer by clicking 'yes' given below.... plz. plz./ plz.//////

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on IIT JEE Entrance Exam

Hello Sir I am Akshatha I am a jee aspirant I joined my coaching class recently and it was bit late so I am lagging behind in syllabus and I am finding it very difficult to manage my time...

@ akshatha Actually , everyone who is in the school are finding the same problem , Kindly let me know , which class you are in now ?? and i am suggesting some time management tips below ,...

Umakant biswal 12 days ago
What is the cutoff % of Bihar board this year to seat in IIT jee exam 2017?

you need atleast more than 75% marks in intermediate exams to get a seat in iit jee. so you can say cutoff is 75% thanks

SAHIL 12 days ago
is the number of exams for qualifying jee advanced goona increase for jjee 2017?? if so...plss explain

@ pujitha No, till now , there is no update regarding that , so, if there will be any official update then i will inform you here , or keep in touch with the askiitian blog for more update...

Umakant biswal 10 days ago
Plz explain Assembler , Compiler, interperter, nonprocedural language, structured software and object oriented software??

Assembler- A computer program that takes computer instructions and converts them into a pattern of bits that the computer can understand and perform by it certain operations. Compiler- This ...
  img
Navjyot Kalra 7 years ago
I want the list of all IIITs in india ?what is the process to enter in IIITs ?

Dear Friend, you may get the list of all the IITs by visiting the link of askiitians or by surfing for it on google and to your second question, I may answer that one has to perform very...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago

@ kaushik the IIIT stands for indian institute of information technology , and they spread in all over india , below are the list of iiit in india iiit allhabad , iiit gwalior , iiit...

Umakant biswal one month ago

please visit http://www.askiitians.com/top-colleges.html this is list of top 100 colege which take all iit. you have to pass jee exam to get into oot thanks and approve my answer

SAHIL one month ago
my rank in iit is 10413.Is there any chance of getting admission in IIT colleges and Iam coming under general .

No, there is not much hope for you as the score you have mentioned here, does not ensure your getting placed at IIT, so you should better try getting admission at any one of the following – ...

Aneesh Sehgal one month ago

sorry but chances are negligible because only 10,000 seats are available in iits . so chances are very very less.sorry for the statement with best wishes for future sahil

SAHIL one month ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off