Sorry for this long passage, but I seriously need help....... So I have joined 2 years coaching for IIT JEE, teachers at my institute are good and very helpful. Right now I just passed class 10th and college has not yet started. All concepts are taught nicely, and we have started with trigonometry. Study material is provided by the institute. Exercises are made on IIT JEE pattern and is divided into 2 level, easy and hard. I am able to do all easy level questions but the problem comes when doing hard level questions. For some reason I am not able to advance in hard questions. When my teacher tells me its solution, It looks so easy I feel like a donkey , that I couldn't even do such a sum, which only required a bit of logical thinking. This problem is mainly for Mathematics subject. I searched around the net for books good for beginners, R D Sharma Objective Maths was spoken of on many sites, I bought it. But I can't even solve the Solved MCQs!! I am able to do R D Sharma for Class 11th with some efforts and I feel comfortable with it. One of my seniors told me to get Arihant's Trigonometry by Amit Agarwal, I decided to give it a try, but that was also too tough for me. I have also done the basics for trigonometry, learned all formulae, practiced NCERT, but still my level is not increasing at all. I'm stuck. I am improving constantly in Physics and Chem, but not in Maths, So my question is mainly how to improve Maths. So finally I want to ask- *Pls tell me how to improve myself to the JEE level, pls tell me an appropriate approach.* *If any other book is there in your knowledge that can help me pls tell me.* But pls don't give a long list of books...pls.. *Is the approach of starting trigonometry at first wrong? If so, how to deal with it?*

Sorry for this long passage, but I seriously need help.......

So I have joined 2 years coaching for IIT JEE, teachers at my institute are good and very helpful. Right now I just passed class 10th and college has not yet started.

All concepts are taught nicely, and we have started with trigonometry. Study material is provided by the institute. Exercises are made on IIT JEE pattern and is divided into 2 level, easy and hard.

I am able to do all easy level questions but the problem comes when doing hard level questions. For some reason I am not able to advance in hard questions.

When my teacher tells me its solution, It looks so easy I feel like a donkey, that I couldn't even do such a sum, which only required a bit of logical thinking. This problem is mainly for Mathematics subject.

I searched around the net for books good for beginners, R D Sharma Objective Maths was spoken of on many sites, I bought it. But I can't even solve the Solved MCQs!! I am  able to do R D Sharma for Class 11th with some efforts and I feel comfortable with it.

One of my seniors told me to get Arihant's Trigonometry by Amit Agarwal, I decided to give it a try, but that was also too tough for me.

I have also done the basics for trigonometry, learned all formulae, practiced NCERT, but still my level is not increasing at all. I'm stuck.

I am improving constantly in Physics and Chem, but not in Maths, So my question is mainly how to improve Maths.

So finally I want to ask-

*Pls tell me how to improve myself to the JEE level, pls tell me an appropriate approach.*

*If any other book is there in your knowledge that can help me pls tell me.* But pls don't give a long list of books...pls..

*Is the approach of starting trigonometry at first wrong? If so, how to deal with it?*

Grade:11

2 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
12 years ago

I suggest following books for IIT JEE preparation:

Physics

• MECHANICS
    • Physics by H.C. Verma
    • Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov
    • Resnick and Halliday
  • ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM
    • Resnick and Halliday
    • Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith
    • Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov
  • OPTICS
    • Physics by H.C. Verma
  • MODERN PHYSICS
    • Physics by H.C. Verma
    • Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov
  • HEAT AND WAVES
    • Physics by H.C. Verma
    • Resnick and Halliday

Chemistry

• ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
    • Morrison & Boyd
    • Solutions to Morrison Boyd
    • Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ∓ Chawla
  • INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
    • NCERT Inorganic Chemistry
    • Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
    • IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal
  • GENERAL CHEMISTRY
    • J.D. Lee
    • O.P. Aggarwal
    • R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

• ALGEBRA
    • High school mathematics by Hall and Knight
    • IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna
  • CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY
    • G.N.Berman
    • Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney
    • Coordinate geometry by Loney
    • I.A.Maron
  • VECTORS
nitesh mohan shrivastava
35 Points
12 years ago

first get ur basics clear by NCERT. not just read the concept but think logically and analytically then move to higher level books.

After completing NCERT you should do HC Verma concepts of Physics , M.L. khanna mathematics, and O.P. Agarwal chemistry.

these tips are enough for clearing IIT JEE if u sincerly follows these steps.

Good luck.........

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free