Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: CART20

Sorry for this long passage, but I seriously need help.......

So I have joined 2 years coaching for IIT JEE, teachers at my institute are good and very helpful. Right now I just passed class 10th and college has not yet started.

All concepts are taught nicely, and we have started with trigonometry. Study material is provided by the institute. Exercises are made on IIT JEE pattern and is divided into 2 level, easy and hard.

I am able to do all easy level questions but the problem comes when doing hard level questions. For some reason I am not able to advance in hard questions.

When my teacher tells me its solution, It looks so easy I feel like a donkey, that I couldn't even do such a sum, which only required a bit of logical thinking. This problem is mainly for Mathematics subject.

I searched around the net for books good for beginners, R D Sharma Objective Maths was spoken of on many sites, I bought it. But I can't even solve the Solved MCQs!! I am  able to do R D Sharma for Class 11th with some efforts and I feel comfortable with it.

One of my seniors told me to get Arihant's Trigonometry by Amit Agarwal, I decided to give it a try, but that was also too tough for me.

I have also done the basics for trigonometry, learned all formulae, practiced NCERT, but still my level is not increasing at all. I'm stuck.

I am improving constantly in Physics and Chem, but not in Maths, So my question is mainly how to improve Maths.

So finally I want to ask-

*Pls tell me how to improve myself to the JEE level, pls tell me an appropriate approach.*

*If any other book is there in your knowledge that can help me pls tell me.* But pls don't give a long list of books...pls..

*Is the approach of starting trigonometry at first wrong? If so, how to deal with it?*

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

I suggest following books for IIT JEE preparation:

Physics

• MECHANICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• Resnick and Halliday

• ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

• Resnick and Halliday

• Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith
    • Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• OPTICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• MODERN PHYSICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

• HEAT AND WAVES

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Resnick and Halliday

Chemistry

• ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• Morrison & Boyd

• Solutions to Morrison Boyd

• Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar ∓ Chawla

• INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• NCERT Inorganic Chemistry

• Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee

• IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

• GENERAL CHEMISTRY

• J.D. Lee

• O.P. Aggarwal

• R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

• ALGEBRA

• High school mathematics by Hall and Knight

• IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

• CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY

• G.N.Berman

• Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney

• Coordinate geometry by Loney

• I.A.Maron

• VECTORS

4 years ago

first get ur basics clear by NCERT. not just read the concept but think logically and analytically then move to higher level books.

After completing NCERT you should do HC Verma concepts of Physics , M.L. khanna mathematics, and O.P. Agarwal chemistry.

these tips are enough for clearing IIT JEE if u sincerly follows these steps.

Good luck.........

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered in jee mains ranking? will 12 th marks be considered ...

Yaa!! they will be considered in both IIT JEE MAIN & ADVANCED RANKS so don't ignore boards (if u were planning to ignore them at all) u should be in top 20 percentile to be promoted to...

Riddhi Gupta 8 months ago

Yana they will be considered in both iitjee main and advanced so don't ignore boards (if u were planning to ignore them at all) u should be in top 20 percentile to be promoted to advanced...

Riddhi Gupta 8 months ago

12 th marks will be considered for only jee mains ranking and as a criteria for qualifying to write jee advanced(i.e. to get int top 20 percentile or to get 75% above marks).. but they...

Mohit Kumar 4 months ago
hello, I am a Student OF Diploma currently persuing for Electrical Engineering 3 rd year. so Can you give tips to study for the IIT JEE mains

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago

Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, download concerned topic papers and practice them, define a proper time for practice, join some reputed...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago

Hi, the main ingredient for success is discipline. It requires discipline to study systematically and sincerely. There are a variety of brilliant reference books you can use. Math – McGraw...

Kalyani Jayachandran Menon 10 months ago
Hi! I am a 12 th student and has cleared jee main.now i am preparing for advanced but i am confused about the minimum marks required for iit indore in advanced in obc catagory.can u pl.tell ...

If you are able to score 2500 plus, there may be brighter chances for getting admission in a high-profile institution like – J B Institute of Technology, Dehradun,........Lovely...

Aneesh Sehgal 5 days ago

your rank should be less than 2000 in advance if you are interested in getting a good branch in iit indore. hope you can achieve what you desire regards sahil

SAHIL 7 days ago

Pl.can u also tell that this rank requires approx how much marks out of 504... and thanks for ur good wishes....

Hemant Oswal 7 days ago
how should we prepare for iit-jee exam,schedule.

You should join any good institute who will make you ready for the exam. Also make the proper plan and daily schedule. Devote you maximum time in its preparation. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago

Try to make out what are the weaker points in the field of PCM, work harder on them, download concerned topic papers and practice them, define a proper time for practice, join some reputed...

Soneel Verma 10 months ago
what are the Important books for aiims mbbs entrance exam?

Dear Student, You can refer to our website for the reference books. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 6 months ago
which should I choose jaypee noida or lnmiit jaipur for cs ?

Dear student Infrastructure wise LNMIIT had a little edge over JIIT Placement scenarios are similar in both LNMIIT and JIIT Fee in both the institutes were same. In LNMIIT almost all the...
  img
Nishant Vora 10 months ago

Go with JAYPEE Noida....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 10 months ago
What will be the level of questions dis time????

its gonna be really tough...since cbse are really frustrated by the situation and so they r gonna test students like anything...once iit jee was also leaked and the difficulty level was...

Sudhanshu Saini 10 months ago

May be some easy.

Adarsh 10 months ago

hope its easy

V. Harshit - 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: CART20